DV REGION 19

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

DV REGION 19

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Still early but might as well be making predictions and comments.. that's what this sight is for.. Lets keep it legit, clean, and somewhat realistic..

Minford, even though 2-0, falls to eigth(the last spot).. Is the weak nonconference schedule gonna hurt them? Or will winning/some wins in the SOCII be enough to get them in?

8-2 is the worst i can see them coming to make the playoffs. 9-1 doubtfully secures a home playoff game. and 10-0 means homeplayoff game and SOC crown..

I want you to comment on your team.. then We'll comment on each others. thanks, happy posting. :-D

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: DV REGION 19

Post by fuzzhead »

First of all, the region all starts with Bishop Ready. This is their fourth year in the region and they've finished at the top at the end of the regular season two of the past three years, winning the region last year.
Wheelersburg and West are locks if they keep playing the way they are now. It just depends on what Minford does down the stretch, but I agree that two or more losses probably puts them on the outside looking in.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Minford may fall even further if they are made to forfeit that first win of the season.

Wheelersburg will benefit from the Ironton win because the Tigers are sure to 5 to 8 games this season. Beating South Point will help them as well. If the Pirates can finish 7-3 or above I think they will host a first round playoff game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Just because Bishop Ready is at the top of the Region doesnt mean anything. Southern Ohio teams can play with them, just a few years back when they were #1 in the region and killing everyone Valley slapped them around in the second round 28-6.

Good Luck to everyone! I hope Valley can pull an upset or two!

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

good posts good posts... now it would nice to see 3 local teams get in.. very probably.. COULD they all make it if.. Burg beats west, west beats minford, and minford beats burg(for instance, or any other way) and we have a 3 way tie? i think it may cut down on some pts.. Maybe they all get in but have to travel away..

that valley team was stacked! i know a few players from it and all they talk about is how much they loved it.. i still think the indians might be a year young.. i'll be looking for them next year though...

burg should be back in the playoffs, as they are every year nearly.. all they have to do is keep playin with their heads on straight..

west is hoping to return to glory road and west posters are faithful... good community support goes a long way.. sounds like they have talent, and a leader in Bricker at qb(with Morgan out).

Waverly, or should i say Roback... just playing :lol: ... seems to have the skill positions but are lacking on the oline(just a tad young and inexperienced)..

Minford is hoping to make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row(for the first time ever, if it happens).. Not as much of a "shock" like last year where they backed up most of the talk.. they claim experience and talent.. i admit i am partial to minford.. it won't be season over if they are made to forfeit the first game, they will have to move on and win out to make the playoffs.

Thats an SOCII perspective.. other posters from different conferences?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I agree about the situation with Minford's first game. If they are forced to forfeit (I really hope the OHSAA clears things up without that happening) that game, the good news is that River Valley is not a team that was going to deliver many points with a win. There is a possibility that they may not win a game, therefore a win over them is only worth 4.5 1st level points, or 0.4500 points on the final average. Hence, that would only cost the Falcons 0.4500 points lost on the final average. I believe 8-2 would be more than enough to get the Falcons in.

It's always tough to get three teams from the same league in, and even tougher when those three teams are in the same Region. However, the good thing for teams like West, Minford and Wheelersburg, is that teams like Waverly and Valley who are also in their league are going to win several games as well and carry a nice amount of second level points.

I really like the SOC II's odds of getting two teams in this year (not uncommon for our little but strong league) and three is a possibility. I agree with all above who have talked about how great that would be for our league as a whole. I'm obviously a huge Valley fan, but I'm also a fan of the entire SOC when it comes to the playoffs and the "big picture." I'll be pulling for all of OUR teams.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Good Post Jesco..

The way all the SOCII teams are playing its really a mix up of who will win what game.. you always have those Columbus teams though :122249 and the MVC among others. I hope they have some posters, they might be situated on JJ though.

We must also remember, its still pretty early..

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

ttt

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

South Point was a big point game for West as it was for Burg. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both go into week 10 undefeated and gunning for 1st or 2nd in the region. Both could end up with home playoff games week 11.

Minford is gonna really be in trouble for second level points, especially out of conference. They may have to win 4 games in the conference to go to the playoffs. Second level points get you in and they haven't played anyone yet that will get them any.

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

the south point win is just a win for west, if you play four of the teams in the ovc, it will only do you so much good, they should only play 2 ovc games if they want to maximized their points, for example if you beat RH and SP it really doesnt matter who wins the RH vs SP game because you already have the points...right?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

scooter wrote:the south point win is just a win for west, if you play four of the teams in the ovc, it will only do you so much good, they should only play 2 ovc games if they want to maximized their points, for example if you beat RH and SP it really doesnt matter who wins the RH vs SP game because you already have the points...right?

Right beat Ironton

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

it's over let's all look ahead to next year :!: west is you 2008 div.5 state champs ;-) lmao

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

D-5 wrote:
scooter wrote:the south point win is just a win for west, if you play four of the teams in the ovc, it will only do you so much good, they should only play 2 ovc games if they want to maximized their points, for example if you beat RH and SP it really doesnt matter who wins the RH vs SP game because you already have the points...right?

Right beat Ironton

so why is burg playing South Point and Rock Hill, not to mention Greenup KY. for Points

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

siderman wrote:
D-5 wrote:

Right beat Ironton

so why is burg playing South Point and Rock Hill, not to mention Greenup KY. for Points

lol were not playin them for points... were playin them so that our weak team might have a chance of being 9-0 when we play the king :!: :lol:

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

It has already been established and pounded into everyone's heads that Burg is KING and Minford is headed that way. Funny, the West fans start braggin' on their own like Burg does (except demaniac) and that is NOT ok, makes everyone mad, rude and sarcastic. WEIRD. Good luck West, keep up the hard work.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

chicken_coop wrote:Just because Bishop Ready is at the top of the Region doesnt mean anything. Southern Ohio teams can play with them, just a few years back when they were #1 in the region and killing everyone Valley slapped them around in the second round 28-6.

Good Luck to everyone! I hope Valley can pull an upset or two!

i remember that one. anything is possible. i also remember back in the early 90's burg was 9-0 goin into week ten against portsmouth and lost the game. that cost them the playoffs

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:it's over let's all look ahead to next year :!: west is you 2008 div.5 state champs ;-) lmao

thats funny i don't care who you are

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Good thing the kids and coaches of West, as I am sure the other teams, ignore all this trash talk and just work at winning each game ONE at a time. The only arrogance is from the "posters" of each team and it is dumb, and even dumber to translate that into how the kids and coaches of the teams feel. Hope the SOC II is well represented in post season.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

2 SOC 2 teams should host 1st rd games, a 3rd should make it. Could be some interesting rematches come playoff time.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

easy killers.. right now
west is undefeated
burg is undefeated
and minford is undefeated(all goin undefeated into conference play)
Waverly is no slouch
Valley is questionable...

I look for this years conference play to be one of the most interesting in many years.. I wonder how a 3way 9-1 tie would end up in the playoffs.. would it be possible for all 3 teams to host a home game? I doubt it would but it sure would be nice..

Return to “Football”