Manchester 30 at Symmes Valley 53 Final

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Manchester 30 at Symmes Valley 53 Final

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Your thoughts? I just hope the boys keep their heads up and work hard this week in practice. And keep the score down. GOOD LUCK GREYHOUNDS!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 4 Manchester at Symmes Valley

Post by noreply66 »

Good luck Manchester

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

symmes valley needs to focus on the rest of their games, one game at a time. Need to start playing with a little emotion. I take that back , need to start playing with alot of emotion!!!!!!!! looked like the walking dead at chesapeake. dont worry about the past , try to win out.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

SV 41-12

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I think Symmes wins big, but will not run the score up. The coaching staff has always been classy.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

SV by as much as they want. Manchester will continue to take their lumps as a 1st year varsity program.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

First year program or not, Symmes Valley plays like I saw Friday night at Chesapeake, the Greyhounds will put some points on the board against them. Manchester needs to work on limiting the other side of the scoreboard though. Symmes Valley is definitely bigger, more physical and experienced though and will come out with the win. Keep your head up Greyhounds, you can't build Rome in a day. And I don't mean the Rome in Adams County on 52. haha

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

3 day to go...Keep working hard in practice. GO GREYHOUNDS!!

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

I'M A TRUE VIKING FAN, BUT SOMEBODY NEED'S TO PUT A LITTLE FIRE INTO THE VIKINGS. JUST LIKE DIRECT HIT STATED, NO EMOTION. I REMEMBER THE YEAR THE VIKINGS WERE 10 - 0. THEY PLAYED WITH SO MUCH EMOTION, YOU COULD FEEL IT IN THE STANDS. THEY HAD THE SAME EMOTION WHEN THE BEAT LUCASVILLE VALLEY AT LUCASVILLE. WE NEED TO GET THAT BACK, GOOD LUCK VIKES.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Although I believe Symmes Valley will win this game, the previous poster was right. If we don't play better than we have been the past two games, the Greyhounds have a chance to get their first win. Our players act as if they don't care. Too much of an "oh well" attitude.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

You can't have apathy in football lads, you've put in a lot of time effort and sweat to just roll over and give anything away. Keep your heads up Vikings, pin your ears back and fight with everything you have.

Viking dad
Waterboy

Post by Viking dad »

1longtimeviking wrote:Although I believe Symmes Valley will win this game, the previous poster was right. If we don't play better than we have been the past two games, the Greyhounds have a chance to get their first win. Our players act as if they don't care. Too much of an "oh well" attitude.
not all of our kids have the oh well attitude. some kids have busted their humps in the weight room, conditioning week and two a days. they want to win, would like to be better than some of the past viking teams and would like to make playoffs. we need to be positive not negative.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I hope you guys stay negative :-D !! GO GREYHOUNDS!!

Direct Hit
Waterboy

Post by Direct Hit »

it dont matter if some of the vikings have busted their humps and worked hard , this is a team sport and unless everybody is on the same page working equally as hard as the other you are going to have let downs. that is just the simple truth. I am not trying to be negative, nor is anything else I have read here. this is the truth. they need to step it up, way up.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

I think this one will get ugly by halftime!! Good luck to both teams and hope for an injury free game.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

You guys are putting way to much thought into this one. Manchester is light years away from beating anyone that resembles a real football team. Not a knock on Manchester, that is just where they stand at this point in their programs existence.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I am still in shock at how DEAD the SV team was against Peake! If they were gonna get fired up, you'd think it would be against Peake, who's beat'em like a drum for the past 17 years.

The Vikes started off well enough. They moved the ball smartly down the field until stopped by a penalty. Then, they caused, & recovered a Peake fumble at their own 18. That shoulda been a spark, that they COULD compete with Peake. But they just "went flat", failed to advance the ball, & showed an abysmal passing game. From then on, it was all Peake, which had a 48-0 lead midway into the 3rd quarter.

I believe the Vikes coulda made a better game of it had ALL their people made a better effort. I generally root for the Vikes except against our Panthers, and generally the Vike-panther tilts are exciting games, with lotsa hard play by BOTH teams.

Vikes, you're a lot better than you showed against Peake. C'mon, start playing Viking football, crush Manchester, and go forward from there! Make those hours in the weight room & those 2-a-days in the 90-degree heat & sun worth it!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

1 more day...GOOD LUCK GREYHOUNDS!!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

I've been to Manchester for a JV game and a JH game, I was just wondering if a stadium and lights have been installed since then.

GO VIKINGS, Beat the Greyhounds!!!!!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

I watched Manchester and they have some athletes with size and speed, but they need a major Coaching shift in philosophy. Their gameplan gives them no chance to succeed, they pass 3 times and then punt , which kills them. If they can start running the ball and eating clock they will be way more competitive, # 3 can fly!

Return to “Football”