Waterboy

South Point 36 vs Point Pleasant 24 Final

Post by gtay75 »

Any thoughts?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: South Point vs Point Pleasant

Post by mattash »

I'm taking South Point to get their first win.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Gahs South Point has a little more speed than your slow blue devils. I see the pointers winning there first game. Point has a very good back but so does South Point. I would be worried about getting homered if I was South Point that is the only way I see them going 0-4.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Good luck South Point! Bring home the win!

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Point Pleasant sophomore running back Allan Wasonga has 340 yards two games into our season on 28 carries for a 12.1 YPC average. He has six touchdowns, 5 rushing and one punt return. Our fullback Derek Mitchell has 228 yards in two games as well on 27 carries for a 8.4 YPC average - so he's doing the job as well.

We won on Friday night over conference foe Sissonville 42-10 with Wasonga getting 186 yards on 14 carries and Mitchell having 135 yards on 14 carries. Our quarterback B.J. Lloyd had the best night of his career, going 4-5 for 117 yards with two touchdown passes. Sissonville ran 13 more plays than us but was still outscored by 32 points. Wasonga had td runs of 20, 25, and 68.

Obviously, I know very little about South Point but they are not your normal 0-3 football team that is for sure! This will be the first ever meeting between the two "Point"s so let's just hope for a fun, safe football game on Friday night at Sanders Memorial Field.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

point pleasant wins this one 35-12

gtay75
Waterboy

Post by gtay75 »

South Point should win the next 7 games and end the season 7-3. They have showed they can play with tough teams and should win the OVC.(If they stay healthy).

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

POINT!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

South Point should win the next 7 games and end the season 7-3. They have showed they can play with tough teams and should win the OVC.(If they stay healthy).

Ummm, I don't know about that. I will say that it will come down between the CG Hornets, South Point and Fairland. Honestly, I think it will come down between Fairland and CG. jmho. ;-)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

gtay75 wrote:South Point should win the next 7 games and end the season 7-3. They have showed they can play with tough teams and should win the OVC.(If they stay healthy).

South Point is very good. They are better than Fairland. I agree, I think they win out if their confidence hasn't been lost. They would be 3-0 if they played half of the teams schedules around here.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I agree!And I think playing that big early schedule is going to start to pay off this week! ;-)

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I'll go with the Pointers on this one, they are hungry for a win!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

bucking red wrote:Gahs South Point has a little more speed than your slow blue devils. I see the pointers winning there first game. Point has a very good back but so does South Point. I would be worried about getting homered if I was South Point that is the only way I see them going 0-4.

starting the excuses already... lol

i would expect this to be a great game. will have speed all over the field.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

gobigblacks wrote:Point Pleasant sophomore running back Allan Wasonga has 340 yards two games into our season on 28 carries for a 12.1 YPC average. He has six touchdowns, 5 rushing and one punt return. Our fullback Derek Mitchell has 228 yards in two games as well on 27 carries for a 8.4 YPC average - so he's doing the job as well.

We won on Friday night over conference foe Sissonville 42-10 with Wasonga getting 186 yards on 14 carries and Mitchell having 135 yards on 14 carries. Our quarterback B.J. Lloyd had the best night of his career, going 4-5 for 117 yards with two touchdown passes. Sissonville ran 13 more plays than us but was still outscored by 32 points. Wasonga had td runs of 20, 25, and 68.

Obviously, I know very little about South Point but they are not your normal 0-3 football team that is for sure! This will be the first ever meeting between the two "Point"s so let's just hope for a fun, safe football game on Friday night at Sanders Memorial Field.

I have to agree with this comment. Wasonga is one of the most impressive backs I have seen in awhile. It is scary that he is only a sophmore. Gallia had no answer for him... It would have been interesting to see the outcome of the Gallia v. Point game if he didn't have such bad cramps. I am taking point in this one by 2 touchdowns.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

South Points first 3 games have had to get them better. Point is tough with Mitchell and Wasonga. This could be one of the best games this Friday. Good Luck to both teams. I will pick The Big Blacks 28-24.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Pointers by 8.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I have a question for the Point Pleasant faithful...The Wasonga boys.....did their dad play for WVU? Maybe at tight end? Just wondering......

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Right idea, wrong kid(s).

Derek Mitchell's dad played at WVU in the late 1980's - Darrell Mitchell. His career stats are below.

http://www.wvustats.com/football/player ... eam_id=308

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

gobigblacks wrote:Right idea, wrong kid(s).

Derek Mitchell's dad played at WVU in the late 1980's - Darrell Mitchell. His career stats are below.

http://www.wvustats.com/football/player ... eam_id=308

Thanks...I was sitting on the sideline and overheard the conversation. They said the Wasonga brothers...Glad I got this cleared up.... Mitchell is a fine athlete...you guys will do well this year....Good luck this weekend

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Allan Wasonga was named WOWK player of the week this week.

The link is below. Congrats to Allan and the team.

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=viewst ... 35&catid=3

Return to “Football”