WK 5 Oak Hill (3-1) @ Minford (4-0)

TrojanXplosion
S

WK 5 Oak Hill (3-1) @ Minford (4-0)

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Falcons are coming off a win against The Grove. Oak Hill coming off a win against lowly Northwest. The game does concern me in a way. I think this could be a trap game because I have a bad feeling the Falcons might overlook Oak Hill. Oak Hill isn't a horrible team though. They have a good passing game led by Jesse Sloane that can put up some points. Now, I think Minford has a good defense. But, the secondary seems a little weak to me. This will be a HUGE test for them because Oak Hill will throw the ball all night. I actually look for a good game. Also, nice to see these two teams playing together again.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Oak Hill (3-1) @ Minford (4-0)

Post by fuzzhead »

Minford had better be ready for an aerial assult! Oak Hill hasn't really had to use their passing attack lately, but they have a good QB and some very good receivers. They can also pound the ball through the middle, but I don't think they'll do much of that against Minford's defense.
It all depends on how well Minford defends the pass.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I like both these schools ,but since Oak Hill is in Jackson county I will have to side with the Oaks. I do hope for a good injury free game for both teams. I do think the home team has to be favored here .It should be a dandy of a game.

wolley07
Riding the Bench

Post by wolley07 »

I am excited, because the Oaks have surprised me all season by improving off that first game loss. I have heard some good things about Minford, and This game is definitely the game of the week in my book.

I do hope the Oaks can come out with a win here, but I just have a feeling that some of their mistakes will be amplified by this Minford D-fence. Cant wait till Friday.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I can assure you Minford is not overlooking Oak Hill. There is a lot of respect for Oak Hill and their program. Minford has done a good job of focusing on each game and not looking ahead. This should be a dandy game with two good teams going at it. I give Minford the edge but expect the game to be tough and hard fought. Minford will be ready. Good luck Falcons!

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

I can assure you Minford will NOT overlook Oak Hill......they,re taking it game by game , win by win
if Minford keeps the hands up high and rattles this QB ....Minford will prevail.....

My Prediction........Minford 38- Oak Hill 7

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Homecoming, back to full strength, depth, a kicker that's a weapon. Could be a long night for Oak Hill.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I believe Oak Hill has an excellent chance to win this game. Oak Hill has a balanced offensive attack and they are much better on the defensive side of the ball this season. It's gonna take a great effort from the Oaks, but I think they can get the job done.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Cal Preps favors Minford by a TD and I think the game will be that close. Minford can't afford a let down. Keep the intensity up and Minford will continue to be successful. Go Falcons!

Falconism......believe in it!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think a 38-7 prediction is overlooking the other team in this case.

I look for a 34-28 type of game with either team being able to win.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

WOW, the community support was outstanding last night ... lets keep it rolling next week.... :122245 :122245

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Is Slone ok?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cal preps:

Minford 22
Oak Hill 14

oak hill can win this game. i'm takin minford by 7

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

From what I am hearing, Minford will be back to full strength next week. Oak Hill could be in some trouble, I believe they may be running into a very hungry falcon ball club next week.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I heard Jesse Sloan went down with an Injury last night and didnt return. Is that true? If so how is he?

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

The Falcons fly or should i say run to a victory. If northwest could drive the ball a few times on that defense its hard telling what the Falcons running game could do.

btw. Kimbola has found it!!! :122249 :122245

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Another big game for the Falcons this week, the secondary will be fine though. I think cg suprised us at first with those passes. Oak Hill won't suprise us with the pass though, we know that they will try to pass on us. I think our d-line will be putting plenty of pressure on the qb as well. I look for Minford to win by a few scores.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO. Minford wins this game and goes into Burg week 6-0 just like the Pirates.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

IRONFALCON wrote:Another big game for the Falcons this week, the secondary will be fine though. I think cg suprised us at first with those passes. Oak Hill won't suprise us with the pass though, we know that they will try to pass on us. I think our d-line will be putting plenty of pressure on the qb as well. I look for Minford to win by a few scores.

Oak Hills passing game is much better than Coal Groves. Minford is in for a dog fight.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Oak Hills passing game is much better than Coal Groves. Minford is in for a dog fight.[/quote]

I look for Aaron Williams to go to corner and Oesch go to safety. Pressure up the middle (he does not get out of the pocket quickly).

Return to “Football”