JV Team

Re: Southern vs. Franklin Green

Post by flash »

Good luck Cats go get win number 3.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

I am rooting for Coach Mercer's boys to go to 3-1!!

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

Can I get some info on Franklin Green please?

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

From what I have heard about Green is they aren't very talented but they play hard all night. They must have played a pretty good game against that Grove city team because the score wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

True, they don't have much talent but they got heart. Will play til the horn sounds and that's all you can ask. I'm sure Racine is the same way. Should be a good game, I'll take the 'Cats by 9.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Franklin Furnace Green is a small school with a small football team.. To be competitive, Green travels long distances to some games... It's hard to find small schools their size to play.. Of course, they have league games also.. I don't know anything about Southern Racine, but it should be a good game.

Go Cats!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Wow...

If that indeed is the case, jiveturkey, how quickly the small forget from where they come...

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

With back ups in the game at the start of the second half, sourthern did their best to keep it within reason.

BOBBY
Riding the Bench

Post by BOBBY »

Green is small, but they will hit you. As some one stated earlier, Green will play hard for the WHOLE game. I only saw them scrimmage, but I walked away with a very good impression of the players and coaches.

Good Luck Bobcats, get to 3-1.

Haven't heard much about Southern, so I will agree with the others on this being a good game.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

... if by "good game," you mean a close score, then yes, it probably will be a good game.

BOBBY
Riding the Bench

Post by BOBBY »

Karl,

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

SPELLED OUT:

I reckon the difference between myself and your general football fan is that I believe two teams can do nothing right (fumbles, mistakes) and the result is a close score.

While a fan might find the idea that having the outcome being in doubt until the end is exciting and therefore a "good game," I would rather see teams do interesting things and do them well, even if it results in a three-touchdown spread.

Fair enough?

Is it a dig at the teams playing? Possibly, but there you have it.

BOBBY
Riding the Bench

Post by BOBBY »

Karl,
Just wondering from an earlier thread in the year, were you the one that kept bashing Green for playing Manchester?

I didn't know you were more than "just" a fan. It sounds like maybe you should go to one of the schools and try your hand at coaching. Maybe you could bring these two programs to dominance in the state.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Please...

I do have some perspective on the situation at Southern, and it would probably take something on the nature of an ACT OF GOD to bring Southern to dominance in Meigs County, much less in the state of Ohio.

As far as the situation down in Franklin Furnace:

No, I wasn't the one bashing Green for playing Manchester. It seems to me that it is natural for those two teams to play, after all they are both in the SOC...

I don't envy the staff at Green. Being geographically situated between Ironton and Wheelersburg, I imagine a coach at Green would have a serious talent-drain situation on his hands.

BOBBY
Riding the Bench

Post by BOBBY »

Karl,

That is such a true statement about Green and its geography. I don't think they will ever be able to overcome that situation especially with transfer rules as they are now. The drain has been happening for a long time. I do think they have a quality group of kids this year.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Several years back Green had the Castro kid at fullback (we called him Fidel in coaches' meetings, yuk-yuk) and some other players. I liked watching Castro run the ball.

It's a tough situation being there between those other two districts. Best of luck.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

GREEN 27-18

Go Tornadoes
Waterboy

Post by Go Tornadoes »

i think that the coaching staff of Southern will put in sme tweaks to catch green off guard......i think southern will get home field advantage they will come out ready to play .........Green 3-1 but havent played hardly anybody im taking Southern by 14+ :122245

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Go Tornadoes said Green hasn't played anyone.
my question to him who has Southern played.
NO ONE.

it's Franklin Furnace Green, not Franklin Green.
Last edited by flash on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”