WK 5 Vinton County @ Athens

freethrow
Varsity

Re: Vinton County @ Athens

Post by freethrow »

With both teams being winless is probably why it hasn't started yet. This may be the best change either team
has to get a win this year. Looking at Athens Schedule it certainly could be their last shot at a win. Wellston is
much improved and they are on the road at Nelsonville and Alexander and Wahama is rolling this year again. Good luck to the Bulldogs.

BOBBY
Riding the Bench

Post by BOBBY »

freethrow,

I believe the Vikes already have a win this year. Athens is winless though. Sould be a good game for both teams.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Is Tope playing for Athens?

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

I will pick Athens to win,Tope will run wild. 8)

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:This is the only sure win the Bulldogs have on their schedule. VC is unathletic, and made several mental mistakes against Waverly.

Athens 29
VC 6

Roof! Roof!

Funny, that's what the SEOAL always said about Athens.

You seem awfully cocky considering the Bulldogs are 0-4.

I'm rooting for Athens for my buddy 93bulldog will keep his sanity.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good Luck to VC.

Vinton County 20
Athens 14

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:This is the only sure win the Bulldogs have on their schedule. VC is unathletic, and made several mental mistakes against Waverly.

Athens 29
VC 6

Roof! Roof!

Booster,
You are a female reproductive organ. You obviously know who hawkeye is, why not let him know who you are? Are you afraid?
I wouldn't rattle the Pup's cage too much, FYI.

Oh, and is "Roof! Roof!" the sound of your Athens Bulldogs yelping over the fact that the move to the TVC hasn't yielded a better record?
For future reference, it isn't going to get any better in basketball. Get used to losing, loser.

Vinton County 19
Athens 13

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Re: WK 5 Vinton County @ Athens

Post by Coach Skinner »

Posters,

Please do not use the comments of one poster as an opportunity to take pop shots at Athens. The players , coaches, and supporters do not deserve it.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Coach Skinner wrote:Posters,

Please do not use the comments of one poster as an opportunity to take pop shots at Athens. The players , coaches, and supporters do not deserve it.

Coach you are a class guy! This thread really went south fast on Sunday, FYI. Anyway, it should be a great game. Good luck to both teams. I'll take the Vikings in a close one!

P.S. - How's the recovery?

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Hey JJ

The recovery is going well. Thanks. As for the game, if I were a Viking, I would take the Vikings in a close one, being a Bulldog, I will have to take the Bulldogs in a close one.
Hopefully it wil be a nice atmosphere with a big crowd and a clean hard fought competitive game.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Although my post appeared to be a cheap shot at Athens, I was really just taking a jab at Booster.
I apologize to the kind, intelligent posters from Athens, and the players/coaches/parents it may have offended. I have nothing against you and wish you the best of luck in all games, except those in which you are playing Vinton County.
Good luck and good health to both teams.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

A softer, kinder side of Ted Striker, wow.

Coach, it is no biggie, we are used to handling imbeciles with keyboards.

Alas, the list is long. so long...I lament, where have you gone the obnoxious butters, you the exuberant young lad, Gilligan, how about you Salt and Fresh Water Taffy, full of malice and misguided. Where have you all gone? :cry:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

There's two sides to everything, hawkeye. Even the great Ted Striker is no different.

Anywho, back to the game.

Vinton County NEEDS this game. We are starting to spiral into a bad, bad situation. A win would be great, but what would help Vinton County out even more would be just to play well. Which, in my opinion, if they play well they will win.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Coach Skinner wrote:Hey JJ

The recovery is going well. Thanks. As for the game, if I were a Viking, I would take the Vikings in a close one, being a Bulldog, I will have to take the Bulldogs in a close one.
Hopefully it wil be a nice atmosphere with a big crowd and a clean hard fought competitive game.

Jeff, I'm glad your doing well! You better get in shape! Hoops season is coming up and you'll be chasing kids again soon! See ya in basketball season!

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:Striker,
Just stay out of it!

That's what she said.

If you hate to toot your own horn, then why did you toot it when it totally didn't apply to any previous statements?

Personally, I find tooting my own horn quite enjoyable. I'd much rather have my horn tooted by someone else but if all else fails I can just put in a "flick" and toot away.
:122246

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Ted Striker wrote:Personally, I find tooting my own horn quite enjoyable. I'd much rather have my horn tooted by someone else but if all else fails I can just put in a "flick" and toot away.
:122246

You need help.....really. :122246

You know, if you continually "toot" your own horn, you might go blind. Glad to see you like to bring in "reinforcements." I used to "toot" quite a bit around A-town back in the day. Its OK to have some friends for "tooting." :-D

If VC's defense can't stop a big dose of Tope Friday night, VC will get killed. Coach Adams is gonna exploit a weak VC defense (particularly the linebackers).

VC's offensive line has also got its share of problems that need to be corrected yesterday. :roll:

I said it before.....this game will set the barometer for the remainder of the season for both squads.

JJ Hale...your avatar looks like a big water tower or nuclear warhead. Thats nothing to be passionate about.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Captain Jack wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:I said it before.....this game will set the barometer for the remainder of the season for both squads.

I believe that's spelled "thermometer".

Alright.....barometer/thermometer whatever it takes......

Point being all the kool-aid drinkers at VC are starting to get scared. Their non league schedule hasn't been a walk in the park. The team can either get scared, pack it in or man up and work at improving.

I'm a VC fan, but the community, in general, has a real delusional outlook on what they are in terms of a football program. And NO...its not Coach Yates' fault.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens will be coming around in a couple years.Look for 2010 to start playing .500 ball.Still can't see them 8/2--or better for sometime.

Return to “Football”