RESERVE GAMES?

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

RESERVE GAMES?

Post by oldschoolblue »

Why did Gallipolis not play there reserve game tonight? I went to Mariettas sight and saw where they were playing Warren tonight when our schedule showed Gallipolis playing Marietta. Is this a new schedule on the Marietta sight, I think not. I talked with some people earlier this season who said that the Big Blacks were waiting on the feild to play Gallipolis on the Monday after the varsity game, i do not know if that is true though. These reserve players deserve a chance to play and can not possibly get better if they do not. Who is dropping the ball here? It can not be that hard to go over these schedules and not wait until the last minute to check them, I am also guessing that noone will make any effort to schedule someone else or reschedule some of thes games. If I do not do my job you can guarantee that someone will call me on it or disipline will be handed out. WHO IS TO BLAME, these kids work very hard with the assumption that they will get to shine and prove thereselves in a real game. Someone owes these kids an apoligy. This crap happens year end and year out and yet nothing is ever done. GO BLUE

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Re: RESERVE GAMES?

Post by Blacksunshine »

Isn't the old traditional way that the reserves play opposite from the varsity's previous Friday night game? When do we hold someone accountable for a hosed up schedule? I agree that those kids deserve to play on Mondays, they may not get any time on Friday and how do you get those kids ready for the level? Practice, send them home, watch MNF....I don't think so. Why this doesn't surprise from Gallipolis....I don't know. Constant problems....no surprise.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

Marietta has new "AD" , and he has made plenty of _ _ _ _ _ ups ........
Last edited by Fun in the Sun on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I blame both ADs, they have ajob to do, I wish they would do it. All they did here is hurt kids. I wonder what happened to the Point game? We at Gallipolis have had this problem for a few years now but NOBODY IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

Point wanted to play - we were expecting a game and were told on Friday night at the game that it was not being played.

I was told it either had something to do with "They didn't know it was Labor Day" or "They didn't have the game scheduled".

Either way, we wanted/needed the game and without that game we actually weren't going to play a JV game until our game tonight at South Point (Sissonville canceled on us) but luckily Wahama decided to play us last week. We play them and Wayne twice in JV just to get a decent amount of games!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I think Logan was supposed to play GAHS tonight but the Blue Devils cancelled on Friday night I believe.

Don't take it to the bank, but it is my understanding.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

At least someone is trying to schedule you games, and your teams will get better because of it. I have no idea why Gallipolis would not play you but if it was because it was Labor Day then that is a crock of crap. We probably did not play to save $12.00. We could have got better. I say have your AD call ours and lets play 2 times if needs be it can only get them better.Why anyone would object to this would be beyond me. I hate seeing kids not getting a chance to preform, that is the only reason they practice so they can play the games. Someone out there certainly knows why we are having this problem and I am waiting to here someones excuse.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Locos according to gahssports.com we were supposed to play Marietta and on your schedule there was no JV football game scheduled tonight. Like I said before Mariettas schedule showed them playing Warren. I am not even a players parent and this infuriates me to death. Stand up parents and go complain to your AD and your school board immediatley. They deserve the right to play and let me remind you payed for the right to play.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I think its funny !!! You people are blind as bats!!! :oops: :roll: ;-)

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

You have to be more specific than that, tell it like it is. One thing for sure you always have. You know they will not get better if they dont play. I know you well enough that you will agree to that.

def85
Waterboy

Post by def85 »

Maybe if you look at the overall picture it will be the same in all sports except BK

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

:122245 :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Either way, whether its football or swimming or anything else the reserve kids have the same desire to play as anyone and they get hosed constantly and I am sick of it. I hate to say it but it is the ADs job to take care of these things and it is just plain not getting done. Try going to your job tommorow and just doing part of it. Let me know how it turns out. These peop[le are not untouchable, I hear all the time that they have been here for 30 years or 15 years and there is nothin g we can do. I say BULLCRAP, just because yoyu have longjevity does not meen you can not be disiplined or replaced...

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Bballin, tell it like it is brother. I am waiting to hear from you.

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

The coaches do have a say in cancelled games .

Believe me oldschool we all need some school teachers replaced too !

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

The bottom line who is the coach//////////////////////////////////////////////////////who runs the show? IMO hell who Knows!!! IMO the program is in trouble!!!THATS just me .
Last edited by BBallin fool on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I am sure they do but I dont think this is the case at least I hope not. I think this is the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Why else play if you dont get to play games you definatley dont play just to pratice. Ask the boys they would play anyone, all I am saying is make an effort to get on the phone and get these kids some games. I dont care if it is River Valley or South gallia or Point or Wahama or Eastern, anybody will do. You noticed I tried to keep it close I wouldnt want to travel to far or the crying of $$ would begin.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

Bballin at least you give your opinion whether anyone likes it or not. I can respect that.GO BLUE

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

LIKE I SAID BLIND!!!I'M OLD SCHOOL!!! :lol:

def85
Waterboy

Post by def85 »

U only get experience by playing. Your right oldschoolblue

Return to “Football”