WK 6 Athens at Alexander

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

WK 6 Athens at Alexander

Post by ATownWarrior »

both teams are coming off incredible wins. alex tramples federal hocking for the SPACER. athens wins its first TVC win agains vinton county. Who wins? Im going to throw my prediction out there. Alex wins in a close one and celebrates homecoming. Alex-21 Athens-13

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Re: WK 6 Athens at Alexander

Post by Coach Skinner »

This should be a great evening of football for both clubs and all of the fans. Both teams come into this game with new hope for the rest of the season. And hope is a good thing. Go Bulldogs!!!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Lets fill the stadium Bulldog fans.

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:The Bulldogs finally have a victory, and the Spartans have no chance. Coach Adams isn't great, but he's better than Arno.

Roof! Roof!

I disagree, but at least Adams isn't a janitor like a certain coach/AD in the county. Still, I'm going with the Spartans, the best team in the county!

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

athens offense has finally come around, the D was there and they just needed to execute on offense, if they would have done that earlier in the year,i see a completely different record,but thats not the case,alexander comes in with a big head in this one,and tope has a field day,28-7

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

alexanderspartan wrote:
Bulldog Booster 79 wrote:The Bulldogs finally have a victory, and the Spartans have no chance. Coach Adams isn't great, but he's better than Arno.

Roof! Roof!

I disagree, but at least Adams isn't a janitor like a certain coach/AD in the county. Still, I'm going with the Spartans, the best team in the county!

You know, I have scrolled through too many of these topics looking for scores and information about games only to find juvenile, sophomoric, ignorant posts like these. I certainly hope these are not being made by adults. If these topics are being moderated by staff, then (and I will be one to say that I am all for free speech, however) this message board is becoming way too immature for me to have any desire to even come and read anymore. I was discussing this with Coach Gibson last night, and I'm not as "mature" or as wise as he, but I would have to agree with him that I am too old to be sifting through all these childish posts just to find the ones with any meaning at all.

How offensive it is to hard-working people with family members who serve school districts or businesses as custodians or grounds crew members. Do you even consider what you say before you say it? These rude and offensive comments make all southeastern Ohio look bad. Imagine what your school would look like without custodians.

This web site could use a good custodian to clean the filth that has infiltrated these TVC posts.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Good Luck Spartans!!

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

agree with the ignorant post comment. its disgraceful. none the less i do think this will be a good close football game. say the alexander has no chance is very humorous. there is no way you can count either team out of this game. it is always a close game no matter what goes on with both teams.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Both teams playing good right now hard to pick a winner goodluck to both teams

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

although the Bulldog faithful isnt known for traveling, they usually make a good showing right down the road in Albany and i doubt this year will be any different. Athens is coming off an emotional first TVC win which will carry over to this game. i think the Bulldogs will rally around the good play of QB Trey Harris who only recently won the starting job along with the expected great play out of Cameron Tope. Athens wins this one in a close, hard fought game between bitter (and i mean bitter) rivals, putting the Dogs on their first winning streak since 04 and the days of Gregory, Hewitt and Co.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Last years game was close throughout and both teams have improved from a year ago......... Should be a good game. Enjoy it Athens County ;-)

athenswreslingmom
Riding the Bench

Post by athenswreslingmom »

I going to go with the bulldogs. It will be a GREAT game. I'm not going to say Alex is no good or Athens is the greatest, But I do think coach Adam an the dogs is coming around getting things worked out. You boys keep it going!!!

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Spartans in a very very close ballgame.It will be Alex D against the running of Tope and Athens D against the Alex passing game that keeps getting better each week.It will be packed Friday so better be there early.Pound the dogs :aaaaa126 :aaaaa69

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

like the bitter rivalry between the two because it makes for some hostility. last year when i was still in school i thought a lot different but now you really enjoy these games as a fan. this game does have a lot at stake. i think alexander defense will step up to the challenge of stoppin tope, and harris. good luck to both teams at staying injury free for this game at least.

GO SPARTANS!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I agree with diamondD1 it is getting out of hand and its the same ones doing it .I would say take them off here.
The game I like Arnos boys in this one. should be a very good game. Good Luck & Good Health to both teams.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

alexanderspartan wrote:

Roof! Roof!

Your still an @#$hole and I know who you are. After week 7 when our reserves and freshman have scored, how about you shut the @#$% up.
As for the game.........Athens by one score.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

The comments seem to be getting out of hand but it doesnt look as if it will stop anytime soon. I dont believe there is any moderating on this site. It does get tiresome to want to discuss sports and have to get through the crap to do so. Rut, I love that your a die hard fan but dont fall into the same trap that you're getting mad at AS about. Sure we want to beat the spartans in week 7 but why would we want to run the score up because of one poster that cant look past the hate. It comes down to a bunch of kids from 14 to 18 years old that will be out on the field trying to win a football game. Thats it. We want to beat them for a couple of reasons. For a league victory, and no one wants to be the first class that loses to Alex. At some point it will happen but each and every class tries to make sure its not theirs. And thats pretty much it.
As far as Athens and Alex, they have had some pretty good games the last couple of years. I dont think Athens is as bad as their record. This will be a good game and I give Athens the edge. I think they have played some pretty good teams and will edge out Alex. Good luck to both and No injuries.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with DiamondD1 on this issue. There is way too much smack talk, without any intervention from the Mods, as of late.

I've grown tired of it and lashed back at some of the "free wheels" on this site, and some folks have not agreed with my approach to my rebuttals. And I am fine with that, too.

Yes, I'm an adult, and should be above it all. I will try to do better. I hope that some others, who have erroneously called me out, with bad information, will retract their statements. I've PM'd them, and I hope to hear from them soon. Some of the things stated on here about me, are way off the mark, and are based on hearsay, some really bad hearsay. So, you know who you are, please respond to me, or retract your comments on some other threads where you have gone out-of-bounds.

All of this BS aside, I like Alex in this one. I see the Spartans building upon this week's game with Fed. Alex is going into this game on a roll, at HOME, which makes me feel even better about an Alex victory. If the Spartans play like they did last night, Athens will end up on the short end of the stick.

Good luck to both teams, play safe, and play hard.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Brutus8907....Actually, it was 2003 when Gregory, Hewitt, etc. were seniors and enjoyed a winning streak as you mentioned. I was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to cover that group regularly between 2001 and 2003.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I hope Alex wins the game , Trimble will get more points that way.

Return to “Football”