WK 6 Jackson (4-1) @ Marietta (2-3)

Post by MariettaPride21 »

jackson just came off a tough loss to gallia but has a strong run game
thoughts?

boilermaker
SE

Re: WK 6 Jackson(4-1) @ Marietta(2-3)

Post by boilermaker »

I like Jackson in this one,they will be worked hard this week .Then they will execute on friday.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Westbrook and Company

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Huff 19 163 8.5 3

STOP THE RUN

and the tigers get their 3rd straight

Jackson has the run Marietta needs to STR; Marietta has the pass Jackson needs to stop the pass but Marietta also has a running game Jackson on the other hand dosent seem to have much of a pass game.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

the tigers are for the most part healthy and will be ready
35-28 tigers

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Jackson can throw the ball when needed . The Trace kid is one of the best tightends in the area.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Ironman02 can correct me if I'm wrong - but 2001 is the only time I can remember Jackson losing at Marietta in a long time. But Marietta won at Jackson in 2002 and 2004.

Jackson has to play much better than Friday. No costly turnovers. Play better defense or it will possibly be another high-scoring contest.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I agree with boilermaker....this week is huge for Jackson...a win and they have some things to shoot for that are very good.....a loss and it'll be tough to turn things around.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Do-Your-Job is correct. Jackson won at Marietta in 2003, 2005, and 2007. The Ironmen are making the long trip to Marietta for the second straight year.

In order for Jackson to win this game they need to continue to run the ball well, but the defense needs to step up its level of play. Marietta can really throw the football and Jackson really struggles to defend the pass, as usual. The Ironmen need to play well in the secondary and they must get to the QB. Another tough loss to Gallia Academy last week, but there's nothing that can be done about it now. Time to move on and get back on the winning track.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Ironman92 wrote:I agree with boilermaker....this week is huge for Jackson...a win and they have some things to shoot for that are very good.....a loss and it'll be tough to turn things around.

Very well put.

Marietta has to stop the run. And Jackson will need to stop the pass. Whichever team accomplishes that(in my opinion) wins the game.

After last week's loss at GA, the Ironmen need to get back on the winning track or things could get ugly for the rest of the year....fast!

SEOFootballFan
Waterboy

Re: WK 6 Jackson (4-1) @ Marietta (2-3)

Post by SEOFootballFan »

All Marietta has to do is throw it right at Boggs. Don't seem like he can defend the pass very well :lol:

Jackson's pass defense better come ready to play or they could very easily lose this game.

I look for clock management and time of posession to play a huge favor for Jackson.

Much like the Waverly game was.

And I look for there to be a lot of Huff, Huff, and Huff in this game :122245
That boy can flat out run the ball. I dont think I have seen a back that breaks tackle after tackle like him.
He truely is a lot of fun to watch.

Westbrook will need to have a good game. They MUST keep Hughes blocked or Westbrook will not be able to do anything. I would hate to see what could happen if he gets a nice hit on Westbrook, that could be ugly :122246
Derek Roback had a hard time getting away from Hughes and nothing toward Westbrook but he is no Roback either.

I look for a good game but I think Jackson comes back fired up from last week and wins this game

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

SEOFootballFan wrote:All Marietta has to do is throw it right at Boggs. Don't seem like he can defend the pass very well :lol:

Jackson's pass defense better come ready to play or they could very easily lose this game.

I look for clock management and time of posession to play a huge favor for Jackson.

Much like the Waverly game was.

And I look for there to be a lot of Huff, Huff, and Huff in this game :122245
That boy can flat out run the ball. I dont think I have seen a back that breaks tackle after tackle like him.
He truely is a lot of fun to watch.

Westbrook will need to have a good game. They MUST keep Hughes blocked or Westbrook will not be able to do anything. I would hate to see what could happen if he gets a nice hit on Westbrook, that could be ugly :122246
Derek Roback had a hard time getting away from Hughes and nothing toward Westbrook but he is no Roback either.

I look for a good game but I think Jackson comes back fired up from last week and wins this game

Marietta usually does a great job of getting the ball out quickly. They don't take a ton of sacks.

Marietta will win or lose this game based on their defense. They have struggled with backs like Huff all season. They are finally healthy. Can they step up and get a key stop or two?

And for Jackson, the Ironmen will need to protect the football, make big plays with Cody Huff on offense, and get stops on defense. Jackson can not fall behind early. Marietta is a team that would be tough to "come from behind" against.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Looking forward to this game, it should be a challenge. Hope for no injuries on both sides.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

If pass defense is a problem, then i suggest jackson grind it out. Keep marietta from getting any consistency. This will be an interesting week in the league.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Westbrook pads the stats this week

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Jackson will try to grind it out. I think we can get back on track. WE have to with Ironton and Logan looming in the future. Logan is the real deal. Can't hang our heads now.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Westbrook can pad all the stats he wants.......except the win column......Jackson needs to pad that one.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson will definitely try to grind it out. They haven't found a defense so far this year that can consistently stop their running attack, so I'm sure you'll see much of the same against Marietta. The big question mark is the defense. Jackson had a huge let down on the defensive side of the ball in the 4th quarter at Gallipolis. They need to learn from those mistakes and make some corrections to prevent it from happening again. The Jackson linebackers and secondary will have to step it up against Marietta and really cover their receivers.

If Jackson can control the clock and limit the Tiger passing attack, they can get the win. If they don't play well defensively, this could turn into a shootout and I don't like Jackson's chances in a shootout.

Work hard this week, Ironmen. Get it back together and play Ironmen football on Friday night!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Westbrook just might get those boys that play both ways a little tied.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Quite the Westbrook fan aren't you?

Return to “Football”