Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Game of the Week 7: Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by awesomepossum »

Here it is... Going to be a barnburner..

Go Falcons!!!

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Week 7 - Minford (6-0) vs. Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by Neutron Man »

This will be a Dandy!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

14-0 Burg before the falcons even show up! Burg has the refs loaded for this game! :mrgreen:

Figured I would get this moronic post out of the way before someone tries to.

Minford showed what they are made of this week by dominating Waverly. Burg took a half off and still plastered Valley.

Burg fans need to be VERY LOUD as they are a senior group of ticket holders every year and I am sure the falcon fans will help fill up the hill and the fences and be VERY BOISTEROUS!

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

I say thei game will be as exciting as the Burg's first game of the year against Ironton. This game will come down to who can win the battle on the line and who can win the turnover battle.

On the lines with demaniac, how about we keep the chatter to about the game and not how Burg is going to beat Minford 42-7 or vice-versa. Let's let the kids settle it on the field.

I guarantee you that anyone coming on here predicting a Burg blowout is NOT FROM THE BURG, so before any Minford fans get all riled up, keep that in the back of your minds. Any true Burg fan or Minford fan knows this game could possible come down to the last play of the game. You will always have outsiders on here trying to stir the crap and then things get twisted all out of context and it just ruins the fun of talking up the game.

Good luck Pirates and here is to an injury free game for both teams.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I am going to have to go with the Gallia Connection on this one and take the burg in a close one...

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

loyaldevilfan wrote:I am going to have to go with the Gallia Connection on this one and take the burg in a close one...

You're starting to scare me with loyalty. :122248

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

oldcoachb wrote:
loyaldevilfan wrote:I am going to have to go with the Gallia Connection on this one and take the burg in a close one...

You're starting to scare me with loyalty. :122248

I went to school with Coach W...I knwo him and his family very well.....He is a very good guy...

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

i guess burg wins this , minford doesnt play anyone... 8)

earp
S

Post by earp »

I would LOVE to see this game! :aaaaa84

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

^^^^^this game will be one of those that people talk about for a while...I can feal the intensity allready....lol

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Faber, have another drink! I didnt say anything about a blowout by Burg, and honestly, I dont know what the he## your talking about. All I know is that Minford people talk about how they get homered at the Burg years past. Thats why I said 14-0 before they even get to the field. 42-7, why dont you go crawl under a fence and act like a dog. Maybe you will get out once in a while, until someone beats you with a newspaper.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

:122249 The focus was already on the Burg after the game. I talked to several players and they barely mentioned anything that happened last night. All they talked about was the Burg. Somebody said on another topic that Minford was on a mission, and I couldn't agree more. This should be a great game between two unbeaten teams.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Heres the take, Burg D will try many different sets and schemes. The Falcons will definately get their yards early and often. Will they score? I dont know. 2nd half, Burgs Dline will do what they have all year long so far, they will be really strong. They will push the oline and make plays.

Burgs Oline is another. Minford plays a small Dline like ours and they are very good and stay low. Valley did a great job submarining the oline for Burg. Burg adjusted and ran to the corners. Speed against speed.

Who is faster? ????? Who doesnt read keys and gets beat by quick traps? this game will be awesome.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Luck to both teams!!

Minford 27

Burg 21

OT

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg 21-7. EdMiller stadium will absolutely be rocking for the Burg!!!!

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

Gotta go with Wheelersburg in a close one. Wheelersburg with to much speed, and a solid running game, and wheelersburg has shown they can win the big games. Its gonna be rockin on the hill baby get ready for one of the best games of the year.

Wheelersburg 21

Minford 14

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Oldcoachb, Minford is in for a torrent Friday night! Burg is waiting for them! No turf digs this friday!!

GO BURG GO!!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

demaniac, you misread faber's post.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I have to say that I went to the Minford game last night and I went to the Wheelersburg game last week and we are in for a dandy ballgame next week! I have been in this area for a long time and that was not a typical Falcon team I watched. If you ask this old coach I will have to actually pick Minford in a close one at Burg next week.

Minford 28
Burg 27

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

This should be a great game. Two well coached teams at 6-0. I don't know enough about Burg to get in depth on theam, but Minford has improved each game and has played a different personnel package about each game. Minford has the best speed they have had in a long time. Minford is strong in all areas of the game. Minford did not pass except 4 times but never had to as they were pushing Waverly yards off the ball. Minford has a great O line and running game and Burg has a great defense from what I hear. Both teams are good on special teams. Sounds like the making of a good game.

Return to “Football”