Ironton's Opponents - A Thought

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ironton's Opponents - A Thought

Post by kantuckyII »

Just checked, Ironton has yet to play a team this year that is currently carrying a losing record. Two of the schools are undefeated.

Just a thought

MariettaPride21
S

Re: Ironton's Opponents - A Thought

Post by MariettaPride21 »

well good for them

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

john you cant see me
Waterboy

Post by john you cant see me »

Heres a thought Just learn that they run the T offense and stop it and you will win it sucks. Move on add something new. Why do you think we could never win when we would play big games in the playoffs. Yes we could beat russell ashland and boyd county back in the day. Boy thats saying alot too. I could have the most wins in Ohio too If I played against grade school level teams my whole coaching life.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Just a thought try holding on to the ball. Your opponents may have a winning record but Ironton still has LOST 3 games while winning only 3 games.

john you cant see me
Waterboy

gahs4ever wrote:Im sure the good people at Portsmouth, Burg, Gallipolis, the rest of the SEOAL, DeSales, etc agree that their programs are "grade school level."

I promise you he has made a carear of beating "back in the day" Kentucky schools more than Ohio ones. Im talking OKAC. Greenup, Boyd, Ashland,Russell, and I cant tell you how many years we beat HHS. We would get beat by Desalles when we would play them in the playoffs. Half you people have probablly never even been on a field, and I never said one thing about the SEOAL cause we cant win in it. We beat Ashland back in the 90's by how many points and they won the state and we ddint get out of the first round of the playoffs.
Last edited by john you cant see me on Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

queenofhearts
Freshman Team

Post by queenofhearts »

Any team that plays ironton.. just pass the ball. Ironton has never been able to defend the passing team. And yeah the fumbles dont help.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

And yet the man has two state titles and numerous trips to the final game, but he plays "grade school" teams. Sounds like someone from Ironton, since he keeps saying "we" as if he is involved with the team, has some sour grapes with Lutz.

tigerpride
Waterboy

Post by tigerpride »

john you cant see me wrote:Heres a thought Just learn that they run the T offense and stop it and you will win it sucks. Move on add something new. Why do you think we could never win when we would play big games in the playoffs. Yes we could beat russell ashland and boyd county back in the day. Boy thats saying alot too. I could have the most wins in Ohio too If I played against grade school level teams my whole coaching life.

You wish you could.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Who does Ironton play next?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Black Panther wrote:Who does Ironton play next?

Jackson at Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

jackson is 5-1 arent they. nuff said.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

john you cant see me What team do you support?

john you cant see me
Waterboy

Good teams that dont let politics control who coaches their teams and set up people to fail. I beleive people like to call them the dynamic duo, well them and the rest of the non justice league need to move on. Let somebody fresh and young take over and go ahead and put a bronze statue out front for them. Just better order some extra bronze to cast them bodies.

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

Chillicothe's two losses have come to teams that have a combined record of 11-1. That's just the way it is though, not trying to make excuses but they could have easily scheduled teams around the area and beat them and be sitting at 6-0 right now, but personally I think that exposing the kids to this type of competition will only make them better and help them even more if they advance to the post-season, hopefully both Chilly and Ironton will be there week 11.

BUCKNUT79
Waterboy

Post by BUCKNUT79 »

I am a big time tiger fan. But until Lutz sets out the one that is fumbleing all the time he is not going to learn. Why dont he, its not like that would hurt them. May even help them. Lutz just use your dang on head.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

What one are you talking about fumbling all the time? There have been fumbles, but it has not always been the same player. I don't like to see us lose anymore than the next person, but I think Coach Lutz knows what he's doing and we have a good team of boys playing for us. I would like to see people be more supportive of the Tigers and their coaches instead of complaining about them. At the games, very few people stand up and cheer when the Tigers take the field but they sure yell loud enough if someone drops the ball. Also, if the Tigers fall behind, the stands really start to empty out. I know that it is easier to support a team when they are winning but a true fan will support them all the time, jmo.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

tigermama wrote:What one are you talking about fumbling all the time? There have been fumbles, but it has not always been the same player. I don't like to see us lose anymore than the next person, but I think Coach Lutz knows what he's doing and we have a good team of boys playing for us. I would like to see people be more supportive of the Tigers and their coaches instead of complaining about them. At the games, very few people stand up and cheer when the Tigers take the field but they sure yell loud enough if someone drops the ball. Also, if the Tigers fall behind, the stands really start to empty out. I know that it is easier to support a team when they are winning but a true fan will support them all the time, jmo.

Great post Tigermama, Support means alot when you got one out there bustin his butt through every physical fitness, practice daily and every ball game, the boys know when they get the support through the good times and bad

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Thats the worst thing about the Ironton fans. When they are winning big or losing with about 6 or so minutes to go the stands start to empty. Thats not right. Whether winning or losing you need to stay in the stadium till the clock hits 0:00. You team definitly needs you to be supportive at that time if losing and if winning those 2nd and 3rd stringers work hard in practice they deserve your praise and respect to stay around and watch them play on friday night too.

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

Im looking forward to the NY-Ironton game thats for sure!!!

Return to “Football”