WK 7 West @ Waverly

West Senator
Waterboy

WK 7 West @ Waverly

Post by West Senator »

Here we go, week 2 of SOC II. Should be a great game. Thoughts on the game!!!!

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Re: WK 7 WEST @ WAVERLY

Post by MuletownManiac »

Time to see how athletic West really is, I'll give the siders a hint, bring your track shoes, cause Roback is the real deal, if he cant beat you with his arm he will run right past you if you dont keep him contained. I think that West should win this game, but Waverly has a lot of weapons and will be hungry for a win.

Good Luck & Good Health to both teams.

Andy
Waterboy

Post by Andy »

Nextvsports.com will be covering this game and also providing LIVE audio. We can provide live audio from any game we do as long as the press box has internet access. So far we know that, Waverly, Jackson, and Portsmouth West does have internet in their boxes. So if you can't tune it in on your radio, just visit our site on Friday night and listen in that way..

Thanks
Andy

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Should be a great game...GO WEST!!

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

I don't see Wavwelry slowing down West from running, but I can see Waverly at home putting up a lot of points. I predict West wins but I can also see an upset. If West is not ahead by 10 iat the begiining of the 4th Waverly wins.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Re: WK 7 West @ Waverly

Post by SPAMONY »

waverly must turn this into a shoot out to win
waverly-42
west-40

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

West 35 Waverly 14

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Watching Waverly games on the net, West should be able to run the ball well against Waverly. If West is able to sustain drives and control the ball, I think we can wear them down.

Will West stay in the base 5-2 and rely on getting pressure on Roback, or will we play some nickel like everyone else seems to play against Waverly?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

West offense too much for Waverly this year, West defense is one of the best around. Good luck West.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Could be a Tiger victory here!
I now west is very good, but think of it, who have they played?
Tigers could come in very ticked at getting man handled!

In the end West pulls it out, but wouldn't surprise me if the ol tigers nip em!

I say Go Tigers!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

After seeing West againest Portsmouth, and Minford againest Waverly........West should wing big!

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Tigers could win but only will if they change thier "mood"- seems like they are on the brink on quitting on themselves- it is up to the coaches to make sure that doesnt happen. They could still have a great season if they win out!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Maybe with the recent success (past two years), expectations were way too high for these young Tigers.

I'm sure they're not handling losing well but they have to get over the Piketon win. Coming into the season Piketon was suppose to be this powerhouse team that Waverly had no chance against. Waverly goes to Piketon and knocks off the Redstreaks in thrilling fashion. Maybe that gave us false hope and added to high expectations. Look at where the Streaks are now, they have lost two games since then. That win was no better than Wellston or Vinton County. Don't get me wrong, I think Piketon is better than VC but I hope you get my point.

What I am trying to say is no-one should have expected the Tigers to go 10-0 this year. That may be a goal each year but I think everyone in Waverly knew better. Waverly is where West and Minford were last year. Do you think those kids gave up? Keep working hard and never give up. This season is not over. All you can do is strive to get better. That's all anyone can ask.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I agree "do everything you can to get better", but we should point out that the talk is that Waverly players or coaches didnt exactly get good grades in the Minford game. The most disapointing thing I heard was the effort was poor when we got behind. Can anyone explain how we are this bad on defense? I mean, is it our line? Our secondary? Our Linebackers? Is it our style? Whatever it is, we are not good enough to score 40 points against good football teams.
I do think our recievers catch the ball well but we do not have the break away speed guy, and i think that makes it tough to get seperation and hurts the running game.
I am a big Malone fan, and i feel bad for the pounding that kid takes!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We are where West and Minford were last year. We pounded them when we had experienced, better, bigger, faster, stronger athletes. They are now in that catagory and we are the inexperienced, smaller, weaker team. Yes, we have some great athletes but we don't stack up overall team wise.

Even at that there is a problem with our tackling. We have kids in the hole but they get run over because of poor tackling. You cannot tackle a guy by trying to grab his jersery or shoulder pads. Be aggressive, deliver the blow down low, wrap and drive. Westfall exploited that last year in the playoffs.

I agree we don't have that break away speed in our recieving core and not being able to run the ball hurts the passing game. Minford dropped 7 and 8 guys into coverage many times (when they weren't blitzing). Our guys couldn't get open. Waverly is a big play offense and missed on several big play opportunities. Nothing Minford did, we just didn't make the play. The outcome may have been a loss but had we made the plays that were there offensively I think the fire would have been there. 28-14 halftime could have been 28-28 and with our defense shutting out the Falcons in the 3rd we could have even lead after 3. Give Minford all the credit, they are a very good football team and came in with a great game plan.

Remember, the year before we went 10-0 we finished 5-5. These kids have to be dedicated to getting better (all aspects of the game-basics), bigger, stronger & faster (strength & conditioning). These kids are in great shape, they just need to get stronger.
QUESTION: Why do we not have weight lifting available during school like most other schools?

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

SIDERS 37-19

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I like Waverly in the upset.

West 21
Waverly 28

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

West wins big IMO.

siderfanfourlife210
Riding the Bench

Post by siderfanfourlife210 »

On (paper) West has the edge in this game. But games are not won on paper; they are won on the field. If West stays focus on the task at hand they win this game. But if they come in this game {lack a dasical} and not focus the Tigers take this one even if the Siders have the better team.!!!!!!! good luck siders {SENATORS LOL} and roll siders roll to big 7-0.

Return to “Football”