Whats wrong with Tiger football

BUCKNUT79
Waterboy

Whats wrong with Tiger football

Post by BUCKNUT79 »

When I go to watch the Tigers. I see to much cockiness and foolishness going on. The previous Ironton teams were not all that cocky. They new what they had to do and they did it.

Ironton football has a long way to go, to get back to were they use to be.

I think I would try something different if I were Luts the T is not working. Try airing it out more. Maybe there will be less fumbles that way and we may win.

RUN THE BUS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tigermama
Varsity

Re: Whats wrong with Tiger football

Post by tigermama »

Fair weather fans. :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

gahs4ever wrote:Air the ball out so there will be less fumbles and yet "run the bus more?" What the heck does that mean?

GAHS, I think he is talking about Murphy when he refers to the "BUS".......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The 70's called........they want their playbook back! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

hammerdown wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:The 70's called........they want their playbook back! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

looks like that playbook worked pretty good against Russell.................

1976 Ironton (H) 6 0
1977 Russell (A) 23 14
1980 Ironton (H) 33 13
1981 Ironton (A) 21 14
1984 Ironton (A) 27 13
1985 Ironton (H) 18 0
1986 Ironton (A) 34 6
1987 Ironton (H) 33 0
1988 Ironton (A) 34 9
1989 Ironton (H) 21 13
1990 Ironton (A) 42 0
1991 Ironton (H) 54 14
1992 Ironton (A) 36 0

I wont get into history with the good folks from Logan cause the only history they like to talk about is the last 3 years.............

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

hammerdown wrote:I didn't say it didn't work against Russell there Bub.

What he said was funny

hey buster, nothing he says is funny.........

kinda nice to take pot shots at the Tigers but when it comes back to bite you in the arse, it is kinda hard to swallow........

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

hammerdown wrote:where did i take a pot shot at???????????????? and you will have to bring better than that to get me.

I dont have time to waste on you........and by the way I am not out to get you..........

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

To steal a phrase from a movie whats wrong with the Tigers? Heart.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

I don't get it - "what's wrong with Tiger football".....wouldn't most area schools jump at the chance to be where IHS is right now - 3-3 and in control of their playoff destiny?

Yo, the sky isn't falling.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

No, but it has cracks in it.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I hope no one gets mad but if I could air something I observed and thought about last night? I watched Ironton's Junior Varsity DISMANTLE Chillicothe's last night, 44 to 6, employing the same offense that Ironton has used for years, probably only putting it in the air maybe a half-dozen times. They have scored 134 points in four games as well.

Ironton's freshmen are undefeated and the combined scores of those games are 90 - 6. You can see all these schedules and scores here

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

High school sports runs in cycles. Towns produce a string of good athletes over a period of time, but then the gene pool slips a bit and so does the program. Kids also become interested in other pastimes and sports. I've seen some really good athletes sitting in the stands at football games I've attended this season, but they're waiting for basketball or wrestling or baseball or track. I've even seen some decent football players defect to soccer in my town. If Ironton or any other traditional SE Ohio football power is on the down side now, just wait a few years and the tables will probably turn.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

What I find strange is that on some threads like the one below, I see no less than TEN IHS fans questioning coaching matters. People jump ship too quickly these days. HELLO McFLY - it's not as if the season is over with.....as I previously said, most area teams would cut off their left ear to be 3-3 and in charge of their playoff destiny.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51495

Heck, they don't have those old fart lunches any more. I used to like to look at dem pretty pictures and read the eloquent minutes of da meetings.

Watcher
Waterboy

Post by Watcher »

What's wrong is that they are now playing a tougher schedule from top to bottom than they ever have. For years they only had two tough games, Burg and Portsmouth. It's now hard for them to compete every week. Being 10-0 or 9-1 is a thing of the past. 7-3 or 6-4 will now be the norm in that league.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
hammerdown wrote:I didn't say it didn't work against Russell there Bub.

What he said was funny

hey buster, nothing he says is funny.........

kinda nice to take pot shots at the Tigers but when it comes back to bite you in the arse, it is kinda hard to swallow........

NOTHING I say is funny? C'mon. Have a sense of humor. Pride goeth before a fall!! Live, laugh and love!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

kantuckyII wrote:I hope no one gets mad but if I could air something I observed and thought about last night? I watched Ironton's Junior Varsity DISMANTLE Chillicothe's last night, 44 to 6, employing the same offense that Ironton has used for years, probably only putting it in the air maybe a half-dozen times. They have scored 134 points in four games as well.

Ironton's freshmen are undefeated and the combined scores of those games are 90 - 6. You can see all these schedules and scores here

So what are you trying to say help us here.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

success at Rock Hill and South Point have hurt. As many kids don't transfer in any more.

That league is brutal.

Their is nothing wrong with the coaching or the strategy. Lutz is great coach and the same strategy seems to be working well at West (whom is 6-0 running the T formation).

I thought is was Triplett's faught?

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

I don't know why everyone brings up transfers all the time. Every school has students that transfer in and out for whatever reason. People need to give it a rest. :roll:

BUCKNUT79
Waterboy

Post by BUCKNUT79 »

I totally agree with you tigermama. If kids want to go any were to play ball then they need to come to Ironton. Just look at all the athletes that have went to the next level. At other schools it is just not possible. They dont get the attention that Ironton Football gets.
tigermama wrote:I don't know why everyone brings up transfers all the time. Every school has students that transfer in and out for whatever reason. People need to give it a rest. :roll:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Pocket Aces wrote:

Heck, they don't have those old fart lunches any more. I used to like to look at dem pretty pictures and read the eloquent minutes of da meetings.

Glad you brought that up Aces, we have a lunch in the planning stages possibly at Fred's in the Burg. We have a new scheduler and he hasn't quite got a handle on the planning techniques yet. And we would luv to have you in attendance as we have never had a College Professor eat with us and I think you would fit in very nice with the group. Keep your eyes open as that lunch thread will be hitting the board shortly.....

And as far as the minutes go, I always try to do my best with the minutes as I know the spelling police are out there looking to give someone a ticket........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”