WK 8 Chillicothe @ Jackson

Army
S

WK 8 Chillicothe @ Jackson

Post by Army »

The Chillicothe Cavailers travel to the City of Jackson next Friday night to take on the Jackson Ironmen in a SEOAL match-up.

The record between the two respected SEOAL schools:

Chillicothe leads the series 30-11-2

Chillicothe vs Jackson
YEAR W-L-T CHS vs JACKSON
1899 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 0(T)
1899 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 5(J)
1901 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1901 - Chillicothe 57 - Jackson 0(C)
1902 - Chillicothe 33 - Jackson 0(C)
1902 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1905 - Chillicothe 26 - Jackson 0(C)
1905 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 10(J)
1908 - Chillicothe 10 - Jackson 0(C)
1908 - Chillicothe 49 - Jackson 0(C)
1909 - Chillicothe 55 - Jackson 0(C)
1909 - Chillicothe 35 - Jackson 0(C)
1911 - Chillicothe 2 - Jackson 12(J)
1911 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 5(J)
1912 - Chillicothe 61 - Jackson 0(C)
1913 - Chillicothe 26 - Jackson 0(C)
1914 - Chillicothe 27 - Jackson 6(C)
1915 - Chillicothe 25 - Jackson 0(C)
1916 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 26(J)
1923 - Chillicothe 13 - Jackson 0(C)
1928 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 6(T)
1929 - Chillicothe 25 - Jackson 9(C)
1930 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1931 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1932 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 12(J)
1933 - Chillicothe 19 - Jackson 6(C)
1934 - Chillicothe 7 - Jackson 6(C)
1935 - Chillicothe 32 - Jackson 0(C)
1936 - Chillicothe 13 - Jackson 0(C)
1937 - Chillicothe 28 - Jackson 7(C)
1938 - Chillicothe 13 - Jackson 0(C)
1939 - Chillicothe 7 - Jackson 6(C)
1940 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 18(J)
1941 - Chillicothe 6 - Jackson 0(C)
1942 - Chillicothe 19 - Jackson 0(C)
1943 - Chillicothe 0 - Jackson 6(J)
1944 - Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 6(C)
1945 - Chillicothe 14 - Jackson 6(C)
1946 - Chillicothe 31 - Jackson 0(C)
1973 - Chillicothe 12 - Jackson 28(J)
1974 - Chillicothe 6- Jackson 14(J)
2006 - Chillicothe 15 - Jackson 42(J)
2007- Chillicothe 21- Jackson 7 (C)

One game at a time CAVS :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

Last edited by Army on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

chilltown
JV Team

Re: WK 8 Chillicothe @ Jackson

Post by chilltown »

Hopefully Cavs will take care of business ...I remember the last trip To Jackson and it wasn't pretty . They need to show that gametape to kids this week . It could be easy for Cavs to take Jackson lightly and that would be a big mistake . GO CAVS !!!!!!!!!!!!

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

These Cavaliers are focused right now and will not take any opponent lightly. Go Cav's REFUSE TO LOSE!!!!!! PRIDE, HIT ,AND DESIRE!!!! Hey 86 CAV's you like that!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Looking forward to this game.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Chillicothe will obviously be heavily favored after Jackson's performance tonight at Ironton. However, you still have to play the game. Jackson will be back at home for the remainder of the season. Hopefully they can put the loss to Ironton behind them and put together their best effort of the season against a very talented Chillicothe squad. The Ironmen seniors should remember that they were in a very similar situation as sophomores when a good Chillicothe team came to Jackson. I'm sure they remember how that turned out...the goal for them is to make it happen again.

The health of Cody Huff will also be a huge factor in this game. The Ironmen need to have Huff back in the lineup against what will be their toughest opponent to date.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Chilly's team is really asserting itself in all areas of the game right now. But, as we learned 2 years ago, a "trapped animal" in a corner will usually come out fighting for it's life. One would expect no less from Jackson this coming friday. They are a VERY proud program. IMO, if there was gonna be a little "letdown" from the Cavs, I would have expected it last night (Homecoming, just off a tough/physical game with Ironton, etc.). Shows how little I know. ALOT of kids playing with ALOT of confidence and hunger right now for Chilly. They really seem to be focused and on a mission. Keep your foot on the accelerator and off the brakes this week!!! Go Cavs!!!

scooterdawg
Riding the Bench

Post by scooterdawg »

Great post Lamont. Coach D and his staff will have the fellas focused. As we keep stating....one game at a time. Go Cav's REFUSE TO LOSE PRIDE HIT AND DESIRE!!!!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

JMO But,I don't see this as a close game. BIG win for Chilly!!!!!!!!!!!!

billyclydetuggle
Waterboy

Post by billyclydetuggle »

cavaliers win big.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I think the CAVS stay focused this week. They are not taking anyone lightly this season. The CAVS especially are taking every SEOAL opponent as a match-up to be ready for this season, taking none of the teams in the league for granted. I heard Coach D, telling the Cavalier kids last night, in the middle of the field as they took a knee after the game with Gallia Academy, what happened two years ago at Jackson, and put that situation on notice, they as a Team, must stay focused, stay bonded, be ready to execute and be prepared. I like our Cavaliers in this match-up. One thing I viewed was, some of our recievers were open and dropped the ball. The backs fumbled on two major drives that looked to be headed for two more scores. They have to secure the old pigskin, even when you are up 41-0. Likewise, our substitutions have to be ready! We garnished a few penalties for having to many players still on the field. I think Coach D and the CAVALIER Staff will work on those minor issues and adjust according to the game plan.

I was really impressed with the CAV Defense, especially how they stuffed and shut down Gallia Academy last night on the Hernnstein. I too was very impressed how the CAV Offensive line blew some major holes open for our backs to run threw. The pass protection was right on target too.

May this game be a safe and injury free played match-up and one that portrays great sportsmanship.

CAVS, keep driving the ball foward down the field in the SEOAL :!:

wolfmannum8
Waterboy

Post by wolfmannum8 »

The Ironmen had a rough one last night. It certainly took alot of wind out of their sails when Cody Huff went out with an injury, and they were never able to recover. The defense could not get a stop.

Hopefully the boys can get refocused this week, and get back on track. It would sure be nice to have Huff back for next week, but with him or without him, there is still a game to play and they must come ready to play!!

Go Big Red!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

GO BIG Blue and White :!:

doctorchilly85
Waterboy

Post by doctorchilly85 »

hey cavs way to go last night! looking foward to my second trip to jackson i hope i get to go.and its better than 2 years ago! eric young"showtime" is looking good and the guys on D are hittin it hard so jackson you better take plenty of IRON your going to need it cavs are comming go blue! :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chillicothe in a big way

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Cavs take the Ironmen. Jackson is just not that good.

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

After watching Chillicothe play Friday and seeing some results from earlier games, I'm gonna have to take Chillicothe by atleast 2 TDs. Anybody know if Cody will return for the Ironmen? Does jackson still run that mid-line option like they did with Holzapple 2 years ago? That play can murder some D-lines.

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

Hate to keep bringing up what happened 2 years ago but if I was Chillicothe I would completly erase that Ironton/Jackson score out of my mind, there is just too much here for them to achieve and going into Jackson and thinking that you will just step on the field and win would be a grave mistake. I don't think that this group will make that mistake though and will be ready to go come Friday night. If Chillicothe can keep getting better each week and doesn't become complacent I see some very good things coming in the next 3-4 weeks for this team. Keep working hard boys and go cavs!

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

LJ Clemens wrote:Hate to keep bringing up what happened 2 years ago but if I was Chillicothe I would completly erase that Ironton/Jackson score out of my mind, there is just too much here for them to achieve and going into Jackson and thinking that you will just step on the field and win would be a grave mistake. I don't think that this group will make that mistake though and will be ready to go come Friday night. If Chillicothe can keep getting better each week and doesn't become complacent I see some very good things coming in the next 3-4 weeks for this team. Keep working hard boys and go cavs!
Do you really think!!! we are thinking about the Ironton/Jackson score.Who cares what the score was.We beat Ironton ,they are in our past.We are thinking of the up coming battle with Jackson, that is the focus right now.We just can't go in there thinking,we are going to blow Jackson,out of the water.These kid's and coaches are taking one game at a time right now,they are starting to hit the mid peak of their game.The offense is starting to run on all cylinders,the defense can speak for it self.The Cavaliers will be ready for the Jackson game big time come friday night.With Cody Huff taken off the field with a concussion,that might hurt Jackson a little then again it might fired them up too.
GO CAVS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRIDE HIT AND DESIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

86cavs..... wasnt trying to get anybody ticked off there I was just pointing out how some people's minds work sometimes, but like I said I don't think that this group will be overlooking this team friday and i hope that they continue to keep getting better like they have the past couple of weeks.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Chilli
That QB of theirs is way too much to handle very talented kid

Return to “Football”