Site Admin

WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: WK 8 South Point @ Fairland

Post by fuzzhead »

Big game for both teams. I like Fairland's offensive weapons, but Dragon fans have me holding my breath week after week hoping there are no key injuries. The Dragons could rack up big yardage on the Pointers, but South Point has some quality weapons in the backfield, too. I like South Point's defense more than Fairland's, also.
The game's at Fairland, but I have to go with the Pointers in this one - but not by much. Could easily be a 3-way tie for 1st in the OVC this year.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Dragons seem to be staying healthy now,2 weeks injury free now.This could be a really entertaining game to watch.This game may come down to the end like South Point vs Coal Grove last night.Whoever puts it on the ground less wins I think!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I have seen both teams play now, and based on what I saw in those two games, I have to give the edge to Fairland.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

I think the pointers will be ready for this one coming off a tough lose against coal grove

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

fairland has an excellent kicking game. if south point can exploit the corners you can score in the air.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

SP has been a huge disappointment record wise this year. IMO, the Dragons win.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

If Fairland can play in the 4th quarter they will win.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

South Point's still at #11 in Region 15. If they win out, the Playoffs are possible.

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

After coming off the big loss for SP they will come out ready to play.....Jake Seagraves, Doug Dillon, and Chase Woodson will be to tough for the Dragons to handle.

SP wins this big by 3+ TD's

earp
S

Post by earp »

O.V.C '11 wrote:After coming off the big loss for SP they will come out ready to play.....Jake Seagraves, Doug Dillon, and Chase Woodson will be to tough for the Dragons to handle.

Okay this is obviously a player here!Thanks for the bulletin board ammo there! ;-)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Just remember Earp, they were saying the same things about the same players all week before the Coal Grove game.
Yeah, those are some talented players but Fairland has some very talented players, too. And - as I warned you all week last week - South Point is VERY suspect at defending the run. The Pointers were loading the box against Coal Grove - safties were playing about as deep as linebackers as times - yet the hornets were probably averaging about 4-5 ypc in the 2nd half, especially. Everyone in the tri-state area could have told you what was going to happen on the 2-point conversion and South Point didn't have an answer.
And here's another thing to think about: Coal Grove had a good bit of success passing - they ran two successful screens and then they had a long pass that was dropped by a Coal Grove receiver late in the 1st half in man-to-man coverage. If South Point plays like it did against CG with penalties and all the other mistakes, they'll lose - probably pretty badly. Hatfield will pick SP's man coverage to pieces and if SP's D-line can't stop the run any better than that, it'll throw the whole defense out of wack against Fairland's balanced offense.
Personally, I expect a shoot-out....

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**BUCKEYESHOTS.COM** Photos from the South Point vs. Coal Grove are now online. Click the link to check them out: http://www.buckeyeshots.com

earp
S

Post by earp »

Thanks for the scouting report Fuzz! ;-)

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

I believe Fairland wins but not big. They will squeak away with a high scoring 38-41 win. After that I see fairland beating chesapeake and coal grove beating river valley and rock hill and coal grove will go into fairland week 10 with both teams being undefeated in the conference playing for the OVC title.

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

O.V.C '11 wrote:
After coming off the big loss for SP they will come out ready to play.....Jake Seagraves, Doug Dillon, and Chase Woodson will be to tough for the Dragons to handle.

Okay this is obviously a player here!Thanks for the bulletin board ammo there!

Ok well ur obviously wrong....Im a South Point fan that goes to every game, and after watching all of these games that SP has played and how tough they have played...They are too powerful for the Fairland Dragons...sorry to say it, but its true....SP had CG beat late in the 4th but as we have all talked about, penalties that were not called cost them the game...Yes i know there were some that were not called for CG so dont start. Im saying that big plays for SP were called back on alot of cheap calls.

so like i said SP by 3+ TD's

Sportsfan34
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan34 »

I hope that the Pointers win this one. The dragons are good, but not good enough to stop the Seagraves Run! :122249 My prediction is 35 South Point 14 Fairland

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

O.V.C'11

[quote="highlightreel25"]Ok well ur obviously wrong....Im a South Point fan that goes to every game, and after watching all of these games that SP has played and how tough they have played...They are too powerful for the Fairland Dragons...sorry to say it, but its true....SP had CG beat late in the 4th but as we have all talked about, penalties that were not called cost them the game...Yes i know there were some that were not called for CG so dont start. Im saying that big plays for SP were called back on alot of cheap calls.

Oh come on, enough already with the excuses for your loss against CG. Geesh, have some dignity and don't make excuses. Those calls or lack of didn't cost you the game. Both sides could complain but it all evens out in the end. You're making a fool of yourself. SORE LOSER! :lol: :lol:

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

TigerMack wrote:O.V.C'11

highlightreel25 wrote:Ok well ur obviously wrong....Im a South Point fan that goes to every game, and after watching all of these games that SP has played and how tough they have played...They are too powerful for the Fairland Dragons...sorry to say it, but its true....SP had CG beat late in the 4th but as we have all talked about, penalties that were not called cost them the game...Yes i know there were some that were not called for CG so dont start. Im saying that big plays for SP were called back on alot of cheap calls.

Oh come on, enough already with the excuses for your loss against CG. Geesh, have some dignity and don't make excuses. Those calls or lack of didn't cost you the game. Both sides could complain but it all evens out in the end. You're making a fool of yourself. SORE LOSER! :lol: :lol:

Yea...ok...When you play a team with refs that dont call anything, you would probably complain too...like i said we got a few calls but alot, were'nt.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

Return to “Football”