WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

mattash
Site Admin

WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

2trap_4ever
S

Re: WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove

Post by 2trap_4ever »

You can throw out records in this one, it's Coal Grove vs. Rock Hill, nuff said.

allsport
Freshman Team

Re: WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove

Post by allsport »

A tall order for the Hill, but stranger things have happened... one things for sure... the Redmen will not lay down... they will come to play!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK 8 Rock Hill @ Coal Grove (Rival Game)

Post by mattash »

Picking Rock Hill for the upset.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

No upset here, CG 28 Rock Hill 7. I have relatives who play for both teams. So good luck to the Redmen and Hornets..hoping for an injury free game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The Hornets will run all over that Rock Hill defense - they could easily get well over 200 rushing yards. Rock Hill's offensive line doesn't impress me at all. I can see Coal Grove putting tons of pressure on McCollister and forcing him to make some bad decisions.

cgllmom
Waterboy

Post by cgllmom »

It will be a good close game I would say. It could mirror last nights game. They will play hard to the end. Go Big Grove!!!!

CGfan09
Waterboy

Post by CGfan09 »

With Rock Hill 0-2 in the OVC with losses against Fairland and Chesapeake, I think this ought to be an easy win for CG. But this will only happen if CG keeps up the improvements made in the last couple games and doesn't get too big of a head.

But like allsport said, stranger things have happened. This is a rival game and could definitely bring an upset if Rock Hill is pumped enough.

Also, having home field advantage for such a rivalry game is key. (with the exception of last year's game ;-) )

So GO HORNETS ! let's bring home another OVC victory :!:

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Should be another Grove victory, but, as rivalry games go you never know.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Coal Grove wins big.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ok, I know that a lot of people have been saying that anything can happen here - and maybe it can. I think if Coal Grove allows McCollister to stand up and make throws, he'll give the Hornets fits. (Advice for Rock Hill: DO NOT TRY TO OUT-COAL GROVE!! YOU'VE TRIED IT THE PAST TWO YEARS AND HAVE LOST GAMES THAT YOU WERE FAVORED TO WIN. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE - THINK OUTSIDE THE TACKLES!)
But I digress... While I know that there has been some bad blood between the two schools, is it really a "Rivalry Game" when Coal Grove is 43-14-0 all-time against Rock Hill? The only current OVC team (I'm not counting RV because they haven't been in the conference as long as the others) that Coal Grove has been nearly as dominant against is Chesapeake.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

That's an impressive record against Rock Hill, but reality is the most important game is the one at hand and the others serve only as much purpose in this game as the teams allow them to. No one can argue with Coal Grove's success on the grid iron and speaking in present terms... there success thus far this year in the conference... I too hope the Rock Hill coaches think out side the tackle boxes and the proverbial box as well... putting aside all of the pyschology, the bottom line is we need to have guys who can make tackles and put pressure on QB's... I don't recall a blitz this season and although we are getting better at getting to the right spot, we must now learn to seal the deal... perhaps tackling fundamentals would serve us well this week in practice... I look for McCollister to adjust fine... he has a lot of options so that if Coal Groves attempts to apply too much pressure on him, it could just spring a big play because of over pursuit... This is always an electric environment and it should be a beautiful fall evening for some good southern ohio high school football!!! Go Hill!!

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**BUCKEYESHOTS.COM** Photos from the South Point vs. Coal Grove are now online. Click the link to check them out: http://www.buckeyeshots.com

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I think Coal Grove will win...Rock Hill just a little to young..Best of luck to both teams.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

the grove smokes the worst team on the river easily.......

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I'm gonna go with Rock Hill over Coal Grov....

I can't pull the trigger on that one.

Coal Grove big over Rock Hill.

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

I'm impressed with the RH coaches ability to keep the guys together and focused in the face of such adversity... that's a hard thing to do and I think that is a part of coaching that goes unnoticed... we tend to concentrate so much on the x's and o's and sometimes forget about the jims and the joes... but after all, their development as young men should be the main focus... learning to work through adversity is a major part of life... these coaches are teaching these young boys that just because they have lost games does not make them losers... the poster who called them the "worse team on the river" has his eye on the wrong ball... that is all the attention I will give to that unfortunate comment... but I will applaud the coaches of Rock Hill beginning at the top with Coach Knipp and all the way through his staff... thank you for keeping the boys heads up and their overall development as young men paramount... I'll close with this... After the game Friday night I was able to hear one of the RH coaches comment to one of the parents who had a son playing... he said to the parent, "I was proud of your son tonight, he played through adversity and never gave up, he grew to another level tonight." That is a coach who has his eye on the right ball... Football is a means to a much bigger end... yes, winning is the objective and I have personally seen and played with guys even on the professional level who were good at winning, but were losing in life... I'm pleased when I see coaches who seem to see the bigger picture and are getting it right!

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

coal grove by 2 TDs.... not any more cause they only run the ball!!!!!!
:122246 :122246

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Grove by 3 td's

Return to “Football”