Site Admin

WK 8 Meigs @ Alexander

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: WK 8 Meigs @ Alexander

Post by buckeyeguy »

meigs wins by alot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a rough 2 weeks ny40 alex19 ,...... meigs 40 alex 7 :lol: :lol:

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Once I heard that the Well kid was OK........ This became a pretty easy decision..... Meigs will win, thanks in large part to the throwing arm of Jacob Well. (the kid is pretty tough)

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

LET’S GO ALEX you can beat Meigs play hard all 4 quarters Meigs has a real good team.

Hope both teams have an injury free game.

FROM the BUCKEYE DAD once a SPARTAN

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if meigs has any hope of making the play offs then they must win the rest of their games. this team is too good to let this slip. i guess this time for meigs to decide what they want. they can do it. do they have the "wanta", i certainly hope so.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

If Meigs plays as hard as they did against NY... THEY WILL DOMINATE this game!!!

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

fasteach wrote:if meigs has any hope of making the play offs then they must win the rest of their games. this team is too good to let this slip. i guess this time for meigs to decide what they want. they can do it. do they have the "wanta", i certainly hope so.

Fasteach-

I have a lot of family in Meigs, and we have talked about the "playoffs" a lot. I think there was a Meigs team in the 80's (Chauncey, Robinson and Co.) that went 10-0 or 9-1 and did NOT make the playoffs :!: Maybe you can clarify that for me (the were a pretty darn good football team by the way..... kicked our butts) ;-)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Meigs should roll.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

bushhawg
Waterboy

Post by bushhawg »

85 team (chancey& robinson) 9-1 loss at warren
86 team (bartrum& bush) 10-0

lancerfan16
Waterboy

Post by lancerfan16 »

Good Luck to the Spartans from Lancerland!

You can win this!
:122249

Go Spartans!

Alex 21
Meigs 14

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I don't want to tick anyone off, so please understand the "spirit" of my question.......

After having multiple seasons through the years where Meigs has won a lot of games, but missed out on the opportunity to play in the playoffs, (primarily because they are a bigger team in a smaller league) have they ever considered "beefing-up" their non-league schedule?

I am not saying they play a weak schedule, I am just saying that I know that some folks in Meigs County felt like they missed out on the chance to play in the second season, and wondered if their was ever any thoughts of changing things up to get a playoff shot................

Just Curious ;-) ;-)

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

I beleive that during that time period Meigs was D3 and that only top 4 teams in each region got to play the "second season" instead of the current format of top 8 teams.
Meigs schedule is mainly currently made up of same size schools or larger with exception of NY and Belpre which are TVC games.The main problem here is strength of TVC schools vs rest of teams in top of region.Without wins against the strongest TVC teams each year, there is little value in scheduling sronger non TVC schools.The logic her is if Meigs can't beat the best of TVC with conferences relitive weakness,then of value is a loss to stronger nonconference schools?
This week Meigs will get another win,but little help in computer points.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Bluetraveler-

Great points all the way around......................

Meigs has had some incredible talent the last couple of years, but things just haven't gone their way. Good luck this week. (I think you guys will roll in this one)

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

That seems to be the problem. Meigs has not beaten the teams in their own conference. The question is why?

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

there is no doubt in my mind that the spartans can come out and win this game. they played well at ny, made some mental errors and came out on the short end...they play well and i think they have a legit chance at winning this game.

GO SPARTANS!!!

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

Meigs wins 35-10. Wells is a tough QB and has the recivers to finish strong in the tvc.

I wanna see more from the running game and they'll need it if they don't plan on passing the ball when their up 3tds this week

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs has a fine set of running backs. jeremy smith is usually good for 70-80 yards a game and cory hutton does not run much but when he does he is very good. he mostly blocks and does the dirty work that makes the o go. i think meigs works on some plays to use against wellston next week.
we should make the play-offs if we run the table. right now meigs is #9 but gallipolis is #7 and their schedule hopefully has 1 or 2 l's on it. if meigs gets some breaks both they and ny go to the big dance.
2 teams from the tvc? :122246

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

I'm rootin for the Spartans but I dont know if they can stop Meigs passing game.Seen Meigs play NY and they can move the ball though the air.If not for Arnold's KO's for TD's, Meigs pretty much whipped NY's defense to shreds.Good luck Alex,you played 4qtrs against NY do it again instead of packing it in. 8)

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I'll go with Meigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Meigs is beatable. They lost to the worst team in the SEOAL. We just don't have the ground game and depth that Warren does.

Return to “Football”