R 19 Standings/Predictions

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

R 19 Standings/Predictions

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

How are things panning out in R 19 over the final few weeks of the season?

Any surprizes forcast in the next three weeks?
Last edited by NYBuckeye96 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: R 19 Standings/Predictions

Post by buckeyeguy »

well NY will finish 8-2 that will drop them from 2 to around 7 or 8th but they will still make the playoffs I look for the Burg to stay #1 Kinda like the bishop ready game last year, Ironton is that game for NY this year they are just to much...

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I agree that Ironton will definitely be NY's biggest test. I will not predict who wins that game but will say that NY will have to play their best offensively. Defensively we are very tough against the run and this will give us a chance to play with the Tigers provided we can execute on offense and score some points. Either way Ironton coming to Boston Field week 9 is the type of game NY has needed late in the year to prepare them for that playoff atmosphere. In my opinion this is one of the best scheduling moves I have seen from the Bucks in recent years.

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

If NY can beat Ironton then things will be different, but IMHO i dont see that happening...but who know's....

If BURG can beat Waverly and West(both away games for us)...then we will be the #1 team...but if either team beats BURG, then hard to tell what will happen...

After BURG beat Minford they only droped from 1 to 3, BURG went from 3 to 1....the "ball" is in BURG'S hand so to speak....

Good Luck PIRATES!!!!

We are...The BURG!!!!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Ironton has size and speed, NY has speed, but Ironton's size gives them the advantage to score twice as easy as it will be for NY to score.... NY has a good D yes but Ironton will over size and power there way.... where NY just aint got size on the line to stop them thats are weakness this year,,, irontons line is big, so it will be easy to get 4, 5 yards at a time because of size..... ny will struggle if Ironton gets 26 shutdown,, i mean look how easy it was for bishop ready and ironton is just the same.. we have to go outside all night we cant go up the middle in this one their will be nothing

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Every team we've played this year has been bigger than us up front on both sides of the ball. The key to run defense is getting people to the ball, not size. I am not saying that NY will win but I'd just as soon go ahead and play it anyway. :122249

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I agree... Goodluck bucks

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

As an Ironton fan,I can't wait for the trip to NY.
Never been there.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I cant BELIVE NY PEOPLE {SAYING WE CANT WIN THATS CRAP} I THINK NY CAN WIN!!!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I so hope your right!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Ironton is a whole different beast than what N-Y has played this year. 54-6 over a very good Jackson team.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I FOLLOW IRONTON been to alot of IRONTON GAMES AND YES THE TANK SEEN THE 5 DOWNS GAME A very good TEAM TO GET WHERE IRONTON IS WAS WILLBE YOU CANT BE SCARED OF PLAYING THEM,WILL NY WIN I SAY THEY CAN BUT WHO AM I ,I WILL TELL EVERYBODY WHO I AM [size=200] IM A NELSONVILLE YORK BUCKEYE

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I think NY should play teams like IRONTON,BURGH To get where they are at the tvc not getting us READY.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

NY will give ironton a good game but I think the NY team could still sneak into the playoffs if everything goes good for them. Teams they have beaten need to win. Bottom line. You guys need the 2nd level points to get a home game. After that, I have NO FRIGGIN IDEA WHO does what in region 19!!

West and Minford play this week and Burg and West play week 10. Take all that and Heath could possibly be playin #1 or Freddies are primed for a #1 ranking. Johnstown Monroe could be #1. heck so far, anyone has a chance at the playoffs if your losing only 2 games so far.

And dont forget about LU, playin good ball right now! Or how about Bishop Ready!!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

SIMPLE BUCKEYE FANS.........beat the ''tiggers'' and your in :12224 GO CHIEFS 5 PETE :shock: :-D :!:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I didnt mean to get anyone worked up. My Rockets havnt beat the Buckeyes on the field since 2002, but give them a run for their money this year.
I have seen both teams play THIS year and I just think Ironton will win by as many as Lutz wants.
This doesnt mean I dont think N-Y is any good,just that Ironton is much better in my opinion.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

This is what im trying to say.Wellston ALMOST BEAT MINFORD - almost beat Burgh-Beat IRONTON .I know that its not much to go on but the buckeye CAN WIN TIHIS GAME.GOBUCKEYES

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

I agree lets go bucks we can win this and host a game wk 11

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

All you can do is play your best each week, hopefully win, and let the chips fall where they may :122249

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

Any one can win the NY vs Ironton game...what team wants it more and make the less mistakes...but the is a DV Reg 19 thread...

With BURG playng Waverly and Minford, Minford playng West...ANYTHING can happen....and this is just 3 teams...we still have 5 others playng for a playoff spot including NY....

so it is far from set yet....we will have a better idea after week 10...LOL

Good Luck PIRATES!!!!

Make it 10-0!!!!

We are...The BURG!!!!

Return to “Football”