Re: Missing Victory Bell?

Post by bengalfan76 »

The Darn West Siders :lol:

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

All the "other" teams are MAD cause we kept ringing it!! 7-0

Why would any team want "OUR" bell??? can we say jealous?????

No big deal...BURG is still #1!!!!

We are...The BURG!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ahh! Nothing like good old rivalry hijinx! :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Maybe West got it and will have it at the final game of the year so the Pirates can ring it after finishing off the 10-0 season. lol

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Some guy was ringing a bell in Bigdowggs ear all night at the game last friday. He was a Burg fan.

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

burggrad_2000 wrote:All the "other" teams are MAD cause we kept ringing it!! 7-0

We are...The BURG!!!!

look at how u act....is there any reason people dont like burg??....its not the players.....its the people

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

yea i agree the reason burg is hated so much by other schools is because they all are real cocky and that remark explains it all
falcons all the way

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Why steal the bell? Someone needs to steal that stupid cannon.

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

tigercannon71 wrote:Why steal the bell? Someone needs to steal that stupid cannon.

the only problem with that is that it is locked up in the concession stand and it only has plywood covering the windows but it would be breaking and entering and a lot more trouble!!!....trust me its been thought of

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

m_martin wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Why steal the bell? Someone needs to steal that stupid cannon.

the only problem with that is that it is locked up in the concession stand and it only has plywood covering the windows but it would be breaking and entering and a lot more trouble!!!....trust me its been thought of

yea i agree there has been alot of ppl that has brought up stealing the cannon because it is so annoying but like m_martin said if someone did try to take it and they got caught that would be a big felony so who ever tries to take it better have a good plan

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

How about this, keep the Burg from scoring and then you don't have to hear it go off. That is something that has been hard to do here lately. Been awhile since that happened.

m_martin wrote:
burggrad_2000 wrote:All the "other" teams are MAD cause we kept ringing it!! 7-0

We are...The BURG!!!!

look at how u act....is there any reason people dont like burg??....its not the players.....its the people

Just what did he say that sounds cocky???? Yes, the Burg has kept winning, so therefore they can contiue to ring the bell. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Let's see, why would someone else want another teams victory bell? I don't think it is jealousy, maybe envy. Maybe they feel that since they now have the bell it will bring victories to them and they can ring it themselves.

Then lastly, if you go by the computer points, then yes, Burg is still No. 1.

I think that just about covers it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

m_martin wrote:

We are...The BURG!!!!

People in this area don't like the Pirates because they put a consistent winner on the field, the court, or the diamond every season. Only one losing season in football since 1964 and 27 SOC titles to go with that is why people hate the Burg. State titles in football and baseball are why they hate the Burg. Actually I believe it more of a jealousy thing than a hatred because they wish they had the success that the Burg has had over the past 37 years or more.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

I think people dislike the burg because they keep pounding their chest about all that they have done.
They tend to use their accomplishments as rebuttals to anyone that says anything they disagree with

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
m_martin wrote:

We are...The BURG!!!!

People in this area don't like the Pirates because they put a consistent winner on the field, the court, or the diamond every season. Only one losing season in football since 1964 and 27 SOC titles to go with that is why people hate the Burg. State titles in football and baseball are why they hate the Burg. Actually I believe it more of a jealousy thing than a hatred because they wish they had the success that the Burg has had over the past 37 years or more.

Well said....The BURG is a consistant winner...how many other schools can say that????? I am NOT going to say that i am sorry if i made any one mad....i dont feel that i said anything bad....

Good LUCK Pirates!!! Keep the bell ringing!!!

[color=#FFBF00]We are...The BURG!!!![/color]

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:

How about this, keep the Burg from scoring and then you don't have to hear it go off. That is something that has been hard to do here lately. Been awhile since that happened.

m_martin wrote:

We are...The BURG!!!!

Just what did he say that sounds cocky???? Yes, the Burg has kept winning, so therefore they can contiue to ring the bell. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Let's see, why would someone else want another teams victory bell? I don't think it is jealousy, maybe envy. Maybe they feel that since they now have the bell it will bring victories to them and they can ring it themselves.

Then lastly, if you go by the computer points, then yes, Burg is still No. 1.

I think that just about covers it.

Hey yabbadabbadoo..thanks for the backup...and good point about the points, i was not going to say that then i will be a "bad" person...LOL

And I agree the ENVY is a better word then jealous....and who ever has the bell...i hope it brings them BAD luck....we have the cannon and get another bell... remember...we are...The BURG!!!!

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

LOL..Hammerdown....

its just the point...who would want it and WHY??? so others can ring it?? What else do u do with a victory bell?? RING IT!!! LOL

We are...The BURG!!!!

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

hammerdown wrote:wait a minute i bet i know who stole it they have Pirate Envy really bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

you never know... :lol:

to all the "haters" out there....

We are...The BURG!!!!

BURG'S the WORD!!!!

Return to “Football”