What might the future SEOAL look like?

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Re: What might the future SEOAL look like?

Post by oldschoolblue »

To beleive that the SEOAL will never change is ridiculous, all leagues change for some reason or another. This whole cost thing is what it is all about, but dont fool yourself it is not football with the cost it is all of the other sports. Football just happens to be the leading revenue generator in most cases. The SEOAL will change just like it always has. I still have no idea why it makes people so upset, and by the way speculation is what most of SEOPS is about. Most of us have no idea who is starting on Friday nights or what scheme a team is using it is pure speculation just like teams joining or leaving the SEOAL.

Army
S

Post by Army »

oldschoolblue wrote:To beleive that the SEOAL will never change is ridiculous, all leagues change for some reason or another. This whole cost thing is what it is all about, but dont fool yourself it is not football with the cost it is all of the other sports. Football just happens to be the leading revenue generator in most cases. The SEOAL will change just like it always has. I still have no idea why it makes people so upset, and by the way speculation is what most of SEOPS is about. Most of us have no idea who is starting on Friday nights or what scheme a team is using it is pure speculation just like teams joining or leaving the SEOAL.

oldschoolblue
I agree. What's so funny is, most of those SEOPS SEOAL know alls never played one sport in H.S. within the SEOAL. For that matter Football. :roll:

I believe with my whole heart, if and when the SEOAL changes again, and we shrink to a 5-6 team league, Chillicothe will be extremely content and happy. :-D

It's the part if we shrink too much, like a 4 team SEOAL format that I doubt Chillicothe would stay then. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

No, I think instead of calling it from the bleachers, reflect on those that have been there. :-D

As for the OVC-TVC, remember all the smack you talked about Chillicothe, telling them to leave, and that we don't travel very well, remember? :-D

Well we are not leaving the SEOAL, unless the situation presents itself that the league crumbles apart. Or 4 teams are left standing :!: :-D

There you go again. As for know all. That is an acceptable term. I was not trying to place know it all, just know all, as The term SEOAL Guru :!: :-D

So, professor you are not. :-D :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, there will be a few more teams leave soon. Which ones? Who knows. Most likely, the teams suspected or rumored to. :-D

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Army,

Let me get this straight.

gahs4ever can't talk about the SEOAL because he didn't play a sport in it? Of all the ridiculous things you have posted over the last couple years, I think that one might be #1 on the list. I'm just baffled by how you think that makes sense.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

From my conversations with school administrators around SE Ohio, the main reason that I've been told that schools jump leagues from time to time is financial.
Future changes to the SEOAL, TVC, OVC, SOC, etc. membership will probably reflect changes to the demographics of SE Ohio itself.
In the 14 years I've lived here, I've witnessed pretty steady population and employment decline. That economic decline has also been reflected in changes I've witnessed in our local school districts. Hopefully, we will see a reverse in that trend. And soon.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I will cheer for the Devils no matter what league they are in and I dont care if we have an SEOAL or not. Some teams like to test greener pastures and others are content to stay put. I would say with out any argument Gallipolis will stay put, but to speculate on any other team would be just that. I think it is a good idea to explore other options and different scenerios. IMO

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

hammerdown wrote:Image guess not.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:I dont want Chillicothe to leave. I wanted them three years before they were even invited. All I said was if you are going to continually speculate on who is leaving when and why when there is little to no basis in fact, it makes no sense to be a part of something and then be all gloom and doom before things even happen.

I would bet my house that the SEOAL will outlive either of us, but Im just as certain that it will undergo changes from time to time. Teams leaving the SEOAL didnt just start with Athens and Zanesville. I dont know anyone who thought the league would remain forever with the ten teams we had two years ago, but at the same time history teaches that the league has survived all the abdications for 83 years, and the only question is who and how many will remain.

No one is irreplacable, and the league doesnt depend on a set number in order to survive. Even if it gets down to four teams with three league games (doubtful), that is three fewer games that ADs have to scramble to schedule than independents. You say Marietta and Warren might leave? Hardly a new rumor, but the league was in existence about 60 years BEFORE either of them came on board. Ironton might leave? That's not news. Theyve done it two other times before and the league is still here.

According to our football program there were eight charter members in 1925; Ironton, Portsmouth, Logan, Jackson, Gallipolis, Athens, Wellston, and Nelsonville. Of that number only three have maintained continuous uninterrupted membership; Jackson, GAHS, and Logan. When the league began in 1925, Portsmouth only stayed through the 1927 season before bolting. Ironton left the first time in 1930, but Pomeroy comme on board in 1926 and Middleport followed in 1929. Do you see what I mean about the landscape changing, but the league remaining viable?

All of the what-ifs and possibilities will work themselves out and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I just believe in the SEOAL and the firm commitment of a few who will work to insure it's continued existence.

gahs4ever,

I don't see Chillicothe leaving either unless we fold. But I do see one maybe two more depart in a few years. I think that move will improve our SEOAL Bond. The teams will be closer in and most likely here to stay.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren is having a good time in the SEOAL and we are proud to be a member. Nobody, but nobody is talking about leaving these days. With gas prices and the crazy economy none of us have any idea what might happen in the next few years. But, for now, Warren is sitting tight and is not in a dialog with anybody.

You are correct about one thing, the TVC does not want Warren. They didn't last year, and I doubt Warren's chances have improved with the football team's performance this season.

Return to “Football”