THOUGHTS ON BEST FOOTBALL FACILTY IN THE OVC

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THOUGHTS ON BEST FOOTBALL FACILTY IN THE OVC

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO YA'LL GOT HERE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THOUGHTS ON BEST FOOTBALL FACILTY IN THE OVC

SEATING, RESTROOMS, FIELD, VIEW, FOOD, HANDICAP ACCESS, PARKING,WHAT SAY YA'LL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHAT COULD EACH FACILITY DO TO MAKE THINGS BETTER FOR THE FANS, BANDS, PLAYERS, LOCKER ROOMS, SEATING.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

I would say Rock Hill, with restrooms on both sides and another at the gate, full concession on both sides, new turf, fairly new score board,with play clocks

You can't handle the truth
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think with ironton really the only changes that need made are better restroom facilities under the stadium, especially with the one under the stadium closed on the bandstand side. and if they ever redo the visitors seating to put the pressbox actually in front of the bleachers. possibly build a bigger visitors locker room onto the side of the stadium for a bigger visitor facility. or actually farther down where the concession stand is.but they have an amazing new scoreboard, awesome new turf, a huge flag, awesome seating capacity, great parking, all new schools.a historical marker, a covered home side, tiger alley, a very nice bandstand for the band,second to none lighting, completely fenced in. parking in ohio university lot, and central Christian lot. no longer the eyesore of the old closed down pool.i think it is an amazing place to watch and play an ohio high school football game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Portsmouth and rock hill also have excellent facilities. coal grove as well, but need way more visitor seating with aisles, and need more restrooms. I've not seen the new south point facilities yet what's it like. i have not been to fairland in years. gallipolis, did they ever finish the new field in centenary. Chesapeake has new facilities but I've not seen them yet either.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I've never been to Tank or South point. I always liked Portsmouth. Gallia and Fairland aren't very good. Rock Hill and Chesapeake look nice

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

In order

Portsmouth
Rock hill
South point
Chesapeake
Ironton
Coal grove
Fairland

Ironton is cool with the retro look but the visitor section and sound system are bad.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton needs new seating and a new Press Box on the visitors side. A new concession and restrooms where the old pool used to be would be nice too.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

As being a player back in the day. I always felt most schools need to improve the visitor's locker-room. Athens needs to update theirs
Steel tips + concrete = bad news lol

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Kinda biased, but Coal Grove atmosphere with the Cannon (always fun watching visiting fans from other places jump 10 feet in the air). Personally, I always loved playing at Rock Hill. Always a great atmosphere on both sides (last season was standing room only between Rock Hill and Coal Grove.) give Rock Hill credit, their fans are always loyal, and always adds to the atmosphere there. To me, atmosphere always adds A LOT when talking great faclities. Just my two cents

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think this is great. chatting about this. it may lead to changes if school official and the public read this. I think the new league will draw more crowds which in turn is more money coming in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

not having the huge long trip road games should relate to more revenue.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope so anyway.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I love the new campus at Portsmouth.....2001 was my last trip To Tanks........Im glad to see they have new lighting, it used to be very poor

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PORTSMOUTH NEW FACILITY IS AN AWESOME PLACE. THE OLD STADIUM WAS JUST LITERALLY FALLING DOWN, AS HISTORIC AS IT WAS.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth is my favorite for 2 reasons....1 is obvious my home school and 2 is
..NO TRACK !! Complain about small vistor bleachers all you want but not many other places put you right on top of the game like Portsmouth does , besides that I've only seen the visitors side full to capacity a hand full of times since it opened and one of them was a play off game between burg and Ironton...bottom line I hate tracks around football fields lol

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

biggdowgg wrote:Portsmouth is my favorite for 2 reasons....1 is obvious my home school and 2 is
..NO TRACK !! Complain about small vistor bleachers all you want but not many other places put you right on top of the game like Portsmouth does , besides that I've only seen the visitors side full to capacity a hand full of times since it opened and one of them was a play off game between burg and Ironton...bottom line I hate tracks around football fields lol
doggie, you forgot reason # 3, the Scioto Ribber is directly across the street from the field.......... :!: :!:

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Love Portsmouth and Rock Hill facilities. South Point is very nice as well. Chesapeake is a great place as well. I think there is simply not enough seating on either the home or visitor side.

Does Fairland still have the wooden bleachers on the visitor side? Been awhile since I've been there

ROLL PEAKE
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:Portsmouth is my favorite for 2 reasons....1 is obvious my home school and 2 is
doggie, you forgot reason # 3, the Scioto Ribber is directly across the street from the field.......... :!: :!:
How in the world did I forget that??? Maybe that should have been number 1? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”