Week 9 ~ River Valley @ Coal Grove (Senior Night)

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Re: Week 9 ~ River Valley @ Coal Grove (Senior Night)

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:What is going on with RV? 61 points? WOW How do you let that happen?

Did Clayton Curnutte even play? He had a broken finger?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Curnutte played. He had around 80 yards of combined offense running and throwing and he scored the lone TD. He had two big pass plays on the first drive as well as a 19 yard run, but that was about it. There was nothing CG could have done to keep the score down except just run out of bounds. How are you going to tell freshmen and other reserves to do that?

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

I could never hold it against kids for running up the score,They play a 4-4 without the personnel to run that scheme.
They switched to a 5-2 last year against Coal Grove and almost pulled off the win and should have won.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I said from the get-go that River Valley should have just loaded up the box with 8 or 9 people and made Coal Grove air it out. But the corners were open all night for Coal Grove Running Backs and that's where a lot of the monster gains came from. Just not enough pursuit speed from the Raiders to handle Coal Grove's running game.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

That's what happened all year!!
I have never seen a team who runs one defense and never changes to match the offense or to see if the offense can adjust? 4-4 or die? you have 5' 7" 125lb outside backers and try to stop sweeps??

Return to “Football”