Wk. 9 Westfall at Piketon

bman
SEO

Wk. 9 Westfall at Piketon

Post by bman »

SVC championship game is Friday with the Mustangs traveling to Piketon. What does everyone think?

Should be an interesting game. I'll take the 'Stangs in a shootout.

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: Wk. 9 Westfall at Piketon

Post by NY BUCKS »

GO PIKETON

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I know Westfall is a good team, but I am pulling for Piketon.

Good luck to the STREAKS :!:

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

wow....the battle for the SVC. Sounds like a great game ready to be played at Piketon :!:

93mustang
Waterboy

Post by 93mustang »

I'll take Westfall by 14. 42 - 28. I like what Wf has done the last few weeks getting better. I know they gave up yds to Buddy but Piketon dosen't have a back like that. Piketon uses more speed than power like buddy has. Speed is what westfall has. Piketon has an awesome receiver who gets 90 % of the recepts. I'll take gibson in that battle. Plus u have Cline and salvito back there as well. The linebackers are finally making plays for wf. The OL / DL need to keep making strides. If this game were at westfall they win by 21 or more since it is down there only by 14. I know piketon played close for the 1st half last year , but it was still 42 - 7 at the end of the game. I hope there is enough seating down there . I have not been there since my senior year and the stands weren't big then. Hope to see an exciting well played, no injury game on both sides.. Go MUSTANGS!!!!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i dont know how big a test southeastern was but my first glimpes of westfall they were unstopable :-D

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

WESTFALL BABY!

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

93mustang wrote:I'll take Westfall by 14. 42 - 28. I like what Wf has done the last few weeks getting better. I know they gave up yds to Buddy but Piketon dosen't have a back like that. Piketon uses more speed than power like buddy has. Speed is what westfall has. Piketon has an awesome receiver who gets 90 % of the recepts. I'll take gibson in that battle.

wow i'll let southworth know that one gibson wont touch him 1 on 1 quote me on that one..... and your right about buddy ran all over you guys but no back is like buddy but tackett is fast and can break some tackles so i'll come down to who ever tackles, runs, blocks better but im going with the piketon redstreaks :twisted:

Coach Coreno
Waterboy

Post by Coach Coreno »

In a high scoring battle, I see the streaks keeping the dream alive with a 51-47 victory. Good Luck Streaks and Coach G!

93mustang
Waterboy

Post by 93mustang »

ligit i don't know what you are smoking. I did not put down the kid. I simply said Gibson would win the battle.If it take someone saying something to fire up piketon then they are in trouble already. Westfall has the fastest team in the league. You can quote me on that one. Pease kick the ball to gibson and cline and see what happens. I bet Piketon kicks it on the ground or out of bounds like everyone else.
Plus with the same DB's we shut the same receivers down last year. Piketon is a good team, but westfall has the experience on their side. Piketon has played a good schedule but so has westfall and both teams have improved from the beginning of the year. I like westfall since they have a legit chance to make the playoffs. The kids do not want the season to end after week 10. It will be tough making that horrible drive. too long on a school bus. But will be good driving home after a victory against a good team. Ask waverly about the speed as well if you don't believe me. Good luck to both teams for a clean and injury free game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

For Piketon to win, the offensive line has got to protect Helton, and they have to play a penalty-free game. The Red Streak defense has got to limit the big plays by Westfall. Make each yard gained by the Mustangs a painful experience. If the Streaks play as a team, and focus only on winning, they have a chance. If anyone tries to play 'me first' ball, they have no chance. Go Streaks!

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

I think it will be a good game. For either of these teams to win they have to keep the opposition form scoring more points than they do. I don't know if it will be as high scoring an affair as some have predicted but one thing is for sure, which ever team scores the most will win this game.
:122245

piketon#54
Waterboy

Post by piketon#54 »

If anyone thinks that Southwourth can be shut down by 1 man then you're nuts. Tackett doesn't have Barnes' size but he packs a big punch and it will take alot more than most realize to slow him at all. Our defense has had a good week of practice and will come out like a house of fire and as long as we can keep the penalties to a minimum than we shot come out with the W.122249

Piketon 42

Westfall 38

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

2 0 0 8 S V C T E A M L E A D E R S

O F F E N S E-1:piketon.....38.5
2:westfall.....35.4

D E F E N S E-2:piketon.....23.0
3:westfall.....21.0

DIFFERENTIAL-1:piketon.....+15.5
2:westfall.....+14.4

best team is a given it is the streaks... a better defense lol yea mustangs u got us beat there dont u........ :lol:

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

legit,

you either have your numbers wrong or might want to retract your last statement because they way I understand it, if you average less points ppg on defense than some else than you have a better defense. You have Piketon averaging 23 ppg and Westfall 21?? Might want to check on it.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

**BUCKEYESHOTS.COM** will be at your game this Friday during the second half of the game. Picture requests can be made via email or phone: branch.42@osu.edu or 740-646-9372. Thanks!

http://www.buckeyeshots.com

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

A lot of preview stuff on this game and updated team and individual stats at www.svcsportszone.com

ligit,
If you got your info from the site then that is my fault. The averages are correct, but the position numbers were just off. I fixed it, so now everything should be updated.

Should be a great game!

ligit ownage
Riding the Bench

Post by ligit ownage »

yea i did but it's fine we both havent faced anyone as great as each other so i'll be a great game

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I think Logan Elm and Nelsonville York might beg to differ ligit! lol

Lets hold off on calling ourselves great please!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

nice shot call coach coreno. i will go with the streaks 42-40. nextvsports will be there doing the game tonite. should be a good one.

Return to “Football”