Waterboy

Re: Week 9: South Gallia @ Oak Hill

Post by OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN »

OAKS by as many as they want!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

sghs seems down but number 5 is a burner not sure if he is back for sghs but oak hill has the nicest qb :!:

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

OAKS 44-13

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I watched Oak Hill and Symmes Valley...

Oak Hill does have some speed.

I believe SG will match up better against Oak Hill than Symmes did.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

Ouch...that was low. In fact, I dont think South Gallia has left their starters in the entire game when down this season....know what youre talking about before you say anything.

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

That is what one of my buddies from east told me.

I did not go to SG vs. East; I watched Burg and Northwest.
Last edited by VernonHowell on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

Axe N Shield wrote:
mercerville monster wrote:
wanna no what ticks me off, is that when we being ( EAST ) win and move down in rankings now wile the rebels weren't werth that mutch we went frome 2nd to 4th with a 6-2 team ahead of us and i no its because the points but THATS WHAT TICKS ME OFF and if that makes me mad i no it will make the team mad!

You wanna know what ticks me off?

1.) When I drive 1 hour and 30 minutes after reading about East all week expecting to see a "awesome" team that is "fast" and has a back nobody can stop and see a mediocre team that in week 11 will take a beating from any team they draw. If East has to play Covington, I would take Covington by at least 20.

2.) Watching that game last night and an East player decides to give one of our players a WWE foot stomp on his back while he is laying on the ground and taking numerous other cheap shots.

3.) People getting on here, mostly players, crying about the computer points and the way they work. Then people say your schedule is weak and that is why you drop and you deny that you have the weak schedule. And before you talk about our schedule, if you went up against Wahama, BEATING!!!

4.) Our people getting on here and complaining about peoples playing time. Now come on, there is obviously a reason you are not playing, you might wanna look into that. I doubt Burleson is doing it on purpose or anything. Let him do his job. I will give you this, Clyburn is a good back, but if you go by stats, he is not the best.

5.) Our fans = EMBARASSING. We need to act like we have some class. Yelling at the other teams players isn't the way to do it. If you havent noticed, they cant hear you if they are on the field. Nobody pays attention to it.

I know we are not world beaters and no we dont have the toughest schedule in the world, but at least we are real! If you guys think you are that good and can run through the playoffs, you better watch some other D6 teams. I think you saw where you stacked up against the rest last year against Mechanicsburg, as we did against River and Danville. Lets just face it, our D6 football isnt the same as it is on the west or the north side. Thats a whole different breed of animals.

1. Last year that back ran for over 200 yards against what I think was a better South Gallia team than this year!

2. We played like crap and still scored 31 points and pitched a shut-out! If we were firing on all cylinders it could have 50 or 60 points!

3. That weak schedule you are talking about that we have; your on it pal! And, one of the teams that is in the bottom half of the bad records! And, if you played Matewan!

4. We would love to drop you from the schedule! Sciotoville fans don't like the drive as you do and it hardly is ever enough points! I only hope and pray that they never allow South Gallia into the SOC I Conference!

5. Our JV team played from the 8:00 minute mark in the forth qaurter! Your starters took the final snap! Still couldn't score on the 2nd teamers!

6. You folks appear to have alot of issues within yourselves up there; according to other post on here for the last several months. Coaching, talking about your own players! WOW! Sounds like alot of people there play the "Blame Game"!

As far as the Covington scenario! I guess that means they would beat you by 51!

As for East players taking cheap shots at South Gallia players! I don't know what game you was watching but I thought it was a pretty good game as far as sportsmanship! Now, I did see several players from South Gallia get "starched"! Thankfully none of them suffered any serious injuries!

I'll tell you what! If East has a home field playoff game; I'll pay your way into the game and give you gas money for the ride down and back! But, you have to wear Tartan gear and sit on our side and cheer the Tartans on to victory! Who knows! You might become a Sir William Wallace fan and learn to appreciate the Celtic music!

SEE NUMBER 5!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

91blue14 wrote:sghs seems down but number 5 is a burner not sure if he is back for sghs

He'll be back next year, he is only a junior. I know for a fact that #5 will be working on improving his speed this coming summer!!! :-D :-D

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

With all the problems that I have seen caused by post on this site over time I wish I had never told anyone about it!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

#5 will be back this week at 100% hopefully. Got his problems fixed after the East game which really slowed him down. Was really only running at around 50-60% Talked to him today and he says he feels ALOT better. This could turn out to be a VERY good game.

Oakmom12
Waterboy

Post by Oakmom12 »

I predict Oaks to win. Perfect B-Day present for #12 Perkins. He will turn 18 on Friday. Last home game. Best of luck to all the players.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

As for SG leaving in its starters...

SG is a small school and they do not have 50 kids to choose from. So, yes, some of the kids will have to play the whole game.

SG does not have the luxury of syphoning off talent from bigger schools from bigger population densities.

As for the matchup against Oak Hill...

I couldn't tell much when I watched last week's game. Oak Hill blew out Symmes Valley. And SG hasn't played Symmes yet.

I do know that Oak Hill is talented and fast, but I think SG can run inside on Oak Hill. they have a tendency to run upfield on the D-line. I would run the buck trap against them, maybe the midline option/ inside veer.

Good Luck SG!

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

WOW! There is some serious crap on this thread. I will do my best to stay out of it. Here is my humble prediction:

Oak Hill has a lot of offense. The Rebels have improved all year.

Oak Hill 30
South Gallia 12

tartan_fan
Waterboy

Post by tartan_fan »

i'm going with the oaks 49-0

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO OAKS

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

feel free to jump in on that turkey!

No one ever delves deep into matchups and the x's and o's.

It is always my team is better than yours.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

That's because current coaches stay out of it for fear of looking bad and most -- not all -- of the fans aren't really that technical in their understandings of the game.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

Anyone seen battlestar galactica lately? I am looking for "Helo".

Return to “Football”