Rank the Scioto County football fields/stadiums.

battlecats
JV Team

Rank the Scioto County football fields/stadiums.

Post by battlecats »

1. Valley- Everything about this place is nice,awesome turf, plenty of seating and parking. It just looks good.

2. Portsmouth / Notre Dame- You just cant beat the history and size of this place. It can actually be intimidating playing there sometimes with a large home crowd. It definitely needs alot of work but its still a jewel. Probably her last year for PHS, but their new facility downtown will be amazing from what I hear.

3. Wheelersburg- You cant beat the atmosphere at the 'Burg. No team in the area has the kind of following or school spirit that they have. Once they get their turf this will be a top notch facility. Parking can be an issue sometimes but only mostly for huge games. And the cannon is going to give someone a heart attack one day while there are buying some pizza.

4. Portsmouth West- Somewhat of a cookie-cutter facility but I do like the concession stand under the home stands. Parking is decent and its usually a clean place.

5. East- Right in the heart of good 'ol Sciotoville, a working class neighborhood with a hard nosed and hard working football team. Nothing fancy about this place but its a great place to watch a game. You cant get any closer to the action either then you can at East. Parking is usually fine but it can be a pain sometimes, but they have great funnel cakes.

6. Minford- Another pretty plain facility but its pretty new and clean with nice bleachers and bathrooms. Parking isnt usually a problem. Great baseball field though. Probably a little "nicer" then East but doesn't have as much charm. Could go either way.

7.Northwest- Another pretty plain and simple place. I think the lack of atmosphere really hurts this place due to the lackluster teams Northwest has produced. Good band though.

8. Green- Another place that could use some W's and it might move up a little. Pretty plain Jane, nothing that sticks out at you.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Rank the Scioto County football fields/stadiums.

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wheelersburgs parking problem will soon be a thing of the past after they tear down the old school.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

5. East- Right in the heart of good 'ol Sciotoville, a working class neighborhood with a hard nosed and hard working football team. Nothing fancy about this place but its a great place to watch a game. You cant get any closer to the action either then you can at East. Parking is usually fine but it can be a pain sometimes, but they have great funnel cakes.

Go to Buffalo, that place on the visiting side makes East look far away.

whodey1989
Waterboy

Post by whodey1989 »

battlecats wrote:2. Portsmouth / Notre Dame- You just cant beat the history and size of this place. It can actually be intimidating playing there sometimes with a large home crowd. It definitely needs alot of work but its still a jewel. Probably her last year for PHS, but their new facility downtown will be amazing from what I hear.

great history many great games played there.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I love the Original Tartan Turf! :aaaaa59

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

VALLEY IS BEAUTIFUL. , BUT I'M GONNA MISS SPARTAN STADIUM, BUT SHE'S SEEN HER BETTER DAYS. WHEELERSBURG. IS A TOP NOTCH PLAYOFF ATMOSPHERE, EVERY TIME YOU GO THERE. CROWD'S ON TOP OF YOU. BEST FAN FOLLOWING AROUND.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BUT I'VE BEEN IN , AND SEEN MANY WARS, IN SPARTAN STADIUM, DANG I'M GONNA MISS THAT PLACE. HOPE IT'S SIMILIAR TO JACKSON'S DIG'S. OR LOGAN'S.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I'll bet it looks like West or Minford. No flash, just good metal stands and a few seats on the visitors side!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Darnit, GREEN should have the best facilities around with all that construction going on down there!! New ballfields and a new football stadium!! Demand it!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I like the atmosphere at Spartan. I have always liked coming out from under the stands into the stadium. Don Drumm Stadium down in Marietta is the same way.

If I were going to build a brand new stadium, not a field, I would build it like Spartan with locker rooms and concessions under the stands.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I like Spartan Stadium and the Burgs field. I havent been to Northwest or Valleys. The other three East, Green, and Minford are nothing to write home about. West has a nice stadium, but the only drawback is the visitors side is so far from the field. I think Spartan could be the best if some money was sunk into it to give it a facelift.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

With some renovation and some FieldTurf, Spartan Stadium would be one of the best places in the southeastern part of Ohio.

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

COMING SOON!!!!!

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I'll expand my list to cover all of SE Ohio:

1. Jackson
2. Oak Hill
3. Logan
4. Valley
5. Rock Hill
6. P. West
7. Burg
8. Vinton County
9. Ironton
10. Minford

The order could change depending on what factors you are basing your opinion on. I have never seen P. West's stadium but I hear it is a very nice place and I know that it is fairly new.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The visiting side at East is not a great place to be... all of the seats are way too low to really watch the game very well.

Jackson is by far the best stadium in SE Ohio. Watched JAX play Vinton county from the top row, 50-yard line, visitors' side, and it was the best view I have ever had at a high school-only stadium.

Oak Hill is pretty darn nice for a D-V school. As much as I like track, though, having a track around the field tends to push the stands farther back than I like. I like steep stands.

I don't really get too excited about all that atmosphere they talk about at Ironton.

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

Any field with a track around the field stinks. Your to far from the action. Valley has the best hands down.

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

KarlAgathon wrote:I like the atmosphere at Spartan. I have always liked coming out from under the stands into the stadium. Don Drumm Stadium down in Marietta is the same way.

If I were going to build a brand new stadium, not a field, I would build it like Spartan with locker rooms and concessions under the stands.

yeah its sucks we are getting ripped off big time :evil:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE, ABOUT THE TRACKS DON'T LIKE EM AROUND A FOOTBALL FIELD.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I think that if a school district is going to build new facilities; they need to at least when building a football venue; have a brick wall around their football field! Otherwise... it's just a field!

Spartan Stadium is just that a stadium. Valley done it right! Great planning went into this design and the results are... Great! Oak Hill has a great facility but, if they put a wall around that place it would be great as well! Minford... I like it alot! I think they should incorporate a brick wall as well and make it more of a stadium! Portsmout... I can only hope that they put a wall around that facility! It would look pretty silly to go threw all of this to get a new place and then put a fence up!

I would love to see ND get Spartan Stadium all for themselves and renovate to show Portsmouth that it can be done and done right!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

1. Valley- hands down winner, no one else is close.

2. Minford- very nice facility after the remodel.

3. West- the only thing lacking is visitor seating.

4. Burg- best atmosphere but in much need of seating.

5. Spartan/nd- I dont know what it is but I just dont like going to games here.

6. Northwest- nice home side, beautiful view and no visitor seating.

7. East- much work to be done

8. Green- oh my!

Return to “Football”