Waterboy

Fairland Football 2012

Post by Codym2584 »

any thoughts about the season?

robycop3
All State

Re: Fairland Football 2012

Post by robycop3 »

I HEAR( not confirmed) that there's a lotta turmoil behind the Dragon football scene. I hope it's not true, as Peake and Fairland have had a storied rivalry & I hope Fairland can continue to provide quality opposition for Peake in football, as they did in basketball this year.

NWO
Waterboy

Post by NWO »

There are definitely some unhappy parents and players at Fairland. With that being said the Freshman class from last year is arguably the most talented class that has come through FHS in 20 years. This class is loaded with backs and linemen. Add them to a pretty talented sophomore class and you have the best backfield in the OVC and maybe the tristate. The problem is they are only returning one lineman with any game experience because the coach cancelled the JV season last year. They only had 3 juniors on the team and I have heard that one of them is moving to Peake.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

What player are you refering to NWO?

NWO
Waterboy

Post by NWO »

Dime I don't want to put the players name on here, he has 2 younger brothers that are also supposed to be moving. One of these brothers is a great ball player and would be a freshman this year. I have also heard that another of the would be freshman will be going to CG. This info came from their parents, but as you know things can change quickly with this type of stuff.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

well my understanding is that fairland wasnt the only school that didnt finish thier JV schedule. Including Chesapeake, South Point and Rock Hill. All were because of injuries. So NWO, if you are trying to stir the pot again, dont bother. You sound like another poster that was on here!!!!! ;-) Fairland will have one of the better if not the best backfield in the conference. The lineman will be young but they are hitting the weight room hard. Also there is a few more players that are coming out that hasnt played for a couple years that will help this team. Goodluck to the Dragons this year!

NWO
Waterboy

Post by NWO »

Buckeyes41 I don't believe that anything I said was "stirring the pot" just stating facts. If you read my post you will see that I said that they will have the best backfield in the league just no one to block for them. You will find that first year Varsity lineman are really going to struggle against kids with game experience. FHS had enough players to play their JV schedule. That was a VERY bad decision that will show this year.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Sounds like Fairland will be like the Point the last few years, very talented skill players but no one to block for them. btw if SP, RH, and Peak had no JV who was Fairland supposed to play? Usually JV only has like an 8 games schedule anyway? I see the numbers going down in almost every school, I think JV wil be a thing of the past a few years down the road. Sad but true.

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

Post by wheelersburg fan 89 »

i thought the campbell boy was alot faster than is stats say. only a 4.9??????

Return to “Football”