Playoffs D6 R23 (8-2) Caldwell at (8-2) Trimble

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Warpig
Freshman Team

Playoffs D6 R23 (8-2) Caldwell at (8-2) Trimble

Post by Warpig »

On "another site" the Caldwell posters are already planning for week 12.

"I wish i could go, but it is my little girl's first trick or treat, i'll try and make it for week 12. Keep me posted on the updates."

whompascat
All Conference

Re: Playoffs D6 R23 (8-2) Caldwell at (8-2) Trimble

Post by whompascat »

should be a good one at the dome.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Trimble needs to establish the run to set up the pass against these guys. I am daring enough to say if they are anything like they were a few years back when Newark Catholic took them on this plan will work.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This will be a great game. Two well-coached teams. NCF - New coach and new scheme at Caldwell. Mike Devol coaches much differently than his predecessor, so I would not bank on the strategy that you laid out.

Caldwell runs the ball very well, and defends the run well. This is going to be one of the better games next week.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

You can see highlights of some of Caldwell's games at:

http://www.wtov9.com/caldwell/17024590/detail.html

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Steely Dan wrote:This will be a great game. Two well-coached teams. NCF - New coach and new scheme at Caldwell. Mike Devol coaches much differently than his predecessor, so I would not bank on the strategy that you laid out.

Caldwell runs the ball very well, and defends the run well. This is going to be one of the better games next week.

I remember that team Newark Catholic played at least on that night was a one man show. Newark Catholic's small line on defense was able to put major pressure on the qb and the defense for Caldwell seemed to swarm to the ball big time but had problems defending the pass.

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

This is a great match-up. i hope the tomcats can get it done.

TVC Ohio Champs Support TVC Hocking Champs... Good luck Tomcats.

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

If I am not mistaken did'nt Caldwell play Federal Hocking? Give me some details of that game or if it was another opponent I am thinking of. Anyone have any stats on that game?

Let's Go Cat's

It is hard to beat the Tomcats at the dome!!!

Texastomcats
Freshman Team

Post by Texastomcats »

NYHSvarsitycheer10 wrote:This is a great match-up. i hope the tomcats can get it done.

TVC Ohio Champs Support TVC Hocking Champs... Good luck Tomcats.

now thats what I call good sportsmanship....

TVC HOCKING CHAMPS SUPPORT TVC OHIO CHAMPS... GOOD LUCK BUCKS !!! BEAT LU !!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE ATHENS AND HOCKING COUNTY TEAMS !!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Good Luck to the Tomcats.

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Good luck Tomcats!!! You represent the TVC well!!! :-D

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

should be a good one. giving the edge to the Tomcats since this game will be at the Dome

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

As a guy with ties both to Mike DeVol (Warren '94-'01) and some longstanding family ties at Caldwell,

I'll have to wish the Redskins nothing but the best.

Between Abbott and Mettler, DeVol has an awesome running combo behind an excellent o-line. Mettler can throw a little, too, and if the game gets close, he can throw in the backup QB and use Mettler as the TE, just in Caldwell's homecoming win.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Ill take the Tomcats at Home by 6 points , I hope everyone in this area can get to the game , pack the stadium and make some NOISE for the tomcats!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

GO TOMCATS!!!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

It's the playoffs and shame on anyone that takes an opponent lightly. That being said I'll take the Cats.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I'll go with Caldwell in this one simply by the fact that DeVol's 'Skins play tough at home as they only lost to #1 seed River 14-7 at the Noble County Fairgrounds.

One thing I don't care about this site for a game is all the fans sit on one side and very far from the playing field. Hope there's some great tailgating there because the only other option is the McDonalds just a block away.

Mettler's tough as nails, CHS has a 270-lb. punter who doubles as a lineman.

Caldwell won't throw it much but I'd watch Abbott. You can find a lot of CHS highlights on www.wtov9.com and follow the h.s. sports promps. You'll see 'em.

Trimble I don't know much about but from what i've seen on highlights it's not the SE Ohio slouch I've seen in past playoffs against teams from the OVAC/PVC.

hog belly
Waterboy

Post by hog belly »

I have had a chance to see both teams play, however, I've seen alot more of Trimble than I have Caldwell. I was there for the Waterford and Fed Hock game and left scratching my head because I couldn't figure out why they didn't give #5 the ball more. He would take them down the field and they would take him out. I've also had a chance to watch alot of film on Trimble. Their defense is pretty tough but seems to fade late in the game. If Trimble wants to keep this one close they had better give Caldwell a steady dose of #5 and keep that D fired up all the way through the game. Good luck to both teams, stay healthy during week 11. :122245 :122245 :!:

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

carbon_dated wrote:I'll go with Caldwell in this one simply by the fact that DeVol's 'Skins play tough at home as they only lost to #1 seed River 14-7 at the Noble County Fairgrounds.

One thing I don't care about this site for a game is all the fans sit on one side and very far from the playing field. Hope there's some great tailgating there because the only other option is the McDonalds just a block away.

Mettler's tough as nails, CHS has a 270-lb. punter who doubles as a lineman.

Caldwell won't throw it much but I'd watch Abbott. You can find a lot of CHS highlights on http://www.wtov9.com and follow the h.s. sports promps. You'll see 'em.

Trimble I don't know much about but from what i've seen on highlights it's not the SE Ohio slouch I've seen in past playoffs against teams from the OVAC/PVC.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? They are close to the field and their is no McDonalds.Only thing there is a dq witch is so slow you better get there a day early :12223

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Good Luck Cats!!!!!

Show em just how tough you guys are!!!

Return to “Football”