Site Admin

Round 2 Chillicothe vs. Logan Elm at Teays Valley

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

heavy_hitter
Waterboy

Re: Round 2 Chillicothe vs. Logan Elm

Post by heavy_hitter »

I'm going to have to take Chilli in this one. IMO, the Cavs could've beat Canal by a good 2 or 3 more touchdowns. But hey, a win's a win, and I couldn't be happier for the Cavs. But does anyone know where this game is going to be held? I've heard from a few different people, and I've heard Jackson or possibly Logan. Anyone know for sure???

GO CAVS

pdracing23
Riding the Bench

Post by pdracing23 »

I heard the game would be held at Teays Valley. After the Waverly Westfall game last year i think this would be a poor decision as a venue for this game.

I am taking Logan Elm in this one. I do believe believe Chillicothe has more talent but i just can't bet against LE they seem to find a way to win when they probably shouldn't

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I have to go with my ole buddy "Shep" in this one. He and his Braves keep rolling. Hey Shep you want to borrow Ralph for this one :?: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Out of the three SEOAL teams this game looks like a winner

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I like our chances in this game. I believe the CAVS will show up, be preapred for the Braves and defeat them in, what I say was a bad choice for the OHSAA to make, by putting the game at Teays Valley only 12-15 miles from LE and is a MSL school. Another Waverly situation, but our CAVS won't be like Waverly. I agree with the poster that stated our CAVS came out slow last night and could of won by 2-3 more scores. Missed opportunities and mistakes. But that's football. I don't know if the CAVS were down because of the lost to Logan or what? They came out in the first half looking like they were running with weights on their legs, slow and predictable. But when they finally scored, you could see the old CAVS kick in. It wasn't but seconds and Chillicothe scored a second TD. I look for our CAVS to have a great practice week under coach D and go up to Teays Valley's field and defeat the Logan Elm Braves.

Lets continue to show the MSL what the SEOAL is all about CAVS :!:

Here is the story from the Chillicothe Gazette:

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/artic ... GECAROUSEL

Refuse to lose CAVS. Lets make a first for Chillicothe with a second CAVALIER win in the Playoffs.

GO SEOAL keep the streak going in the playoffs :!:

Keep up the tradition Chillicothe, Ironton and Logan. Believe in yourselves and program and lets make another statement this week for our league, the SEOAL.

GO CAVS :!:
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Good Luck Cavs.

kranky
Riding the Bench

Post by kranky »

Have they already released the next round playoff sites? If so, where do the other area schools play?

Logan
Burg
West
Ironton

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm finds another way to win and continues the march. The team might not be flashy but they are solid and have a very good coaching staff.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Although it is yet to be made "official", Teays looks like the site of this game per 1490 WBEX. Before the Chilly fans get on here and start complaining about where this game is being played (well, one already has), keep in mind, the Cavs are EXACTLY where they want to be: still playing football in week 12, while most schools in the state are getting ready to shoot hoops!! Personally, I could give a "flyin' fart" if this game is played on MARS!!! It will be on a field 100 yards long, with 10 foot goal posts at either end. And, i'm pretty sure our football team feels the same. Every year the OHSAA chooses these "neutral" sites based on the advisement of their respective District boards. Just keep in mind who is on the SE District board, and where some have spent the majority of their careers as an administrator... it's all about whose "bread is getting buttered". Chilly's team will show up, their fans will squeeze their rear-ends into whatever seating is available, and the Cavs will be ready. Now, onto the game... we have no control over the site. Go Cavs!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Cavs overcome the site unfairness to win,21-20.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

The CAVS will win, with a team dedicated to moving forward.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe is only like 35-40 minutes from Teays, it's not that big of a deal.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Good Luck Cav's Go SEOAL!!!!! :aaaaa88 :aaaaa88

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

gahs4ever wrote:Traditionalists, which is another name for old farts, will say that football is meant to be played in all kinds of weather on all kinds of field conditions, but this is the 21st century. Surely the powers that be can find enough stadiums with rugs and adequate seating to make the playoff experience more enjoyable for the participating schools.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but to me the mileage isnt as important a consideration as the venue once you get there. I would rather drive an extra hour if necessary to find one.

There is no place between chilli and logan elm with turf. to get somewhere big enough and with turf you are talking going to C-bus or somewhere further south. teays is as good of place as any for this game. I look for this game to be a good pickaway county V ross county game.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

mstangmom wrote:There is no place between chilli and logan elm with turf. to get somewhere big enough and with turf you are talking going to C-bus or somewhere further south. teays is as good of place as any for this game. I look for this game to be a good pickaway county V ross county game.

Your right, there's no stadium with turf. In fact, there is NOTHING between Logan Elm and Chilly. The best turf option is Logan, but Bishop Ready and P West play there on Saturday.

bman
SEO

Re: Round 2 Chillicothe vs. Logan Elm at Teays Valley

Post by bman »

So let me get this straight: Chillicothe having to play Logan Elm at an MSL school is bias but Logan Elm having to play at an SEOAL stadium like some have suggested is not? Interesting. I'd also remind you that LE is the higher seed so if the venue is going to be a bit closer to one school it should be LE.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

some great chilli le bball games....so why not add football to it. I think LE is the coolest story in the state...hope they keep it going.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

mstangmom wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Traditionalists, which is another name for old farts, will say that football is meant to be played in all kinds of weather on all kinds of field conditions, but this is the 21st century. Surely the powers that be can find enough stadiums with rugs and adequate seating to make the playoff experience more enjoyable for the participating schools.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but to me the mileage isnt as important a consideration as the venue once you get there. I would rather drive an extra hour if necessary to find one.

There is no place between chilli and logan elm with turf. to get somewhere big enough and with turf you are talking going to C-bus or somewhere further south. teays is as good of place as any for this game. I look for this game to be a good pickaway county V ross county game.

We went up to Teays Valley today. The distance is really a short drive from Chillicothe. And that is great. Chillicothe is going to play well any place they are blessed to play a second game. Their last playoff game in 2006 with Bishop Watterson when the CAVS were still DII, was on the old Columbus North High School Field which was an old football field to play on.

But with that said, McArthur Vinton County's New Football Stadium with natural turf is larger than Teays Valley. It is close to both schools likewise too! A true neutral site. I don't know if VC petitioned to hold a playoff game or not? Our CAVS will be ready to play if they have to play in a farm field. GO Cavs, lets continue the winning streak against the MSL and show them what the SEOAL is all about.

GO SEOAL :!:

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck Cavs.........keep on winning.

Return to “Football”