Minford 2009

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Minford 2009

Post by footballfan49 »

Congratulations to the 2008Falcons on a fine season. Although on the losing side twice to Burg, those were two of the hardest fought high school football games I have ever seen. Minford should have another great season next year. 1 senior started on offense last night. There are a lot of positions to fill on defense but many underclassmen have started on defense this year in various games. FRom what I have seen, on defense next year Minford wil be smaller but very, very fast. I hope the underclassmen show the work ethic that the last two senior classes have shown.

Congratulations to Coach Daniels and staff. The football program is coming along very well. They are well coached and always prepared. The loss last night ws a tough one, but the team played its heart out.
Last edited by footballfan49 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Minford 2009

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You are a year ahead of yourself dude. It's still 2008. :lol:

Congrats to the Falcons though on a fine season. It definitely looks like Coach Daniels has that program going in the right direction.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

I am talking about next year.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

footballfan49 wrote:Congratulations to the 2009 Falcons on a fine season. Although on the losing side twice to Burg, those were two of the hardest fought high school football games I have ever seen. Minford should have another great season next year. 1 senior started on offense last night. There are a lot of positions to fill on defense but many underclassmen have started on defense this year in various games. FRom what I have seen, on defense next year Minford wil be smaller but very, very fast. I hope the underclassmen show the work ethic that the last two senior classes have shown.

Congratulations to Coach Daniels and staff. The football program is coming along very well. They are well coached and always prepared. The loss last night was a tough one, but the team played its heart out.

dude you guys season just ended less than 24 hours ago. it's WAY TOO EARLY to start talkin about the 2009 season

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

I did print 2009 where I meant 2008 2009 starts today and officially in 4 weeks for the Falcons.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Cmon on now. Give them a break....wait until next month to start a thread when they start lifting again.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats to Minford on a very good season.

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Tradition in the making in Minford, let's keep it going..

2000 7-3 SOC2 Champs, 2 Round Playoffs
2001 5-5
2002 3-7
2003 7-3, SOC2 Champs, Playoffs
2004 4-6
2005 3-7
2006 5-5
2007 8-2 Playoffs
2008 8-2 Playoffs

2009 ?????

Cant Wait..

Hope the boys get a nice break and come back ready to work hard in the offseason, both inside and outside of the weightroom.

Go Falcons!

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

Minford should improve again next year. I think the defense will be a lot faster, and only one starter on offense is lost.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

If Aaron Oesch is back(not sure if he's junior or senior) I look for this kid to make some big noise in the SOC. He's a phenomenal QB, and the best scrambler I've seen around. He's the best QB I've watched this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

scarlet_gray wrote:If Aaron Oesch is back(not sure if he's junior or senior) I look for this kid to make some big noise in the SOC. He's a phenomenal QB, and the best scrambler I've seen around. He's the best QB I've watched this year.

He is just a Jr. this year. He will be back and Minford should have a very solid team again next year. I believe next year will be better than this year since all of those underclassmen playing this year have another year of experience under their belt and will have that hunger building up to top what they did this year.

Coach Daniels has been a fine coach for us, I was tickled to see him get the job at the beginning, I am thrilled at what he has done with the program (not that I ever doubted).

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I believe you can look at the amount of Boys coming out to play and tell what kind of coach He is!
I`m really proud of Coach Daniels, (and staff) and the job He has done with our Young Men! He will continue to build a solid program for Minford!
I think this was a record for Minford, back to back Playoff births.

Go Red !

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I would like to see Minford get a tougher non-league schedule.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

I think that next year Wellston will be one of the best teams around, Oak Hill should improve on 7-3 and Coal Grove always has a good tea,. Throw in the SOCII and the schedule won't be easy. I would like to see Minford add Portsmouth again, maybe as the first game. I'd say the schedule is about right, right now.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Bleeding Red wrote: I believe next year will be better than this year since all of those underclassmen playing this year have another year of experience under their belt and will have that hunger building up to top what they did this year.

I suppose it is a little early to speculate, but 10 of the 11 offensive starters from Saturday's game should be back next year. Center will be the void that needs to be filled but there are a couple of potential players who can step right in there. The running game should be solid, as should the passing game. Slone, McCormick, and Bryan will all be back and there are mid to long range passing threats with experienced receivers. Not sure what the average YPC was for the receivers, but the tight end averaged 17.7 YPC. Match this up with routes in the flats to the backs and the passing and running game should both be strong next year. There will be some voids on defense to fill but I think the kids are there that can step up and do the job.

falconflyer
Freshman Team

Post by falconflyer »

There look to be enough O linemen that can play. Coach McRoberts shuffled them around a bit this year so expect a shuffling next year to get people in the best position to help the team. I am excited.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

OL size will be a factor. We have all the skill players back. I also want to congrats. the Falcons on a fine season. We are close to the top of the mountain. We just need to get to the top. Which is winning the SOC and playoff games. There are a few ingredients missing that must be completed to make them a solid team or an undefeated team. Falcon fans need to make sure the team has all they need to be successful as far as funding for equipment and resources to help the team stay up with their rivals and compete. Remember, lift-a-thon, fund raisers such as buying shirts and such help to raise money to buy things for the team such as DVD recorders or video equipment to watch game film and scout other teams. Also, it buys or replaces weight equipment and uniforms. Without our support this won't happen. The boosters can only do so much, they take care of all sports not just football.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

The 5 retruning O linemen that started against Burg are all 220 to 250. I'd expect them all to improve.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I think the Falcons will be fine next year. Excited to see how Matiz works that defense next year. Next years team will be the team. They have one of the best QBs in the area, three running backs that are all hard workers for every yard they get. The recievers will step up when a big play is in need and that defense wont be as big/strong but with the speed they have they wont need all of that cause 5+ players will be swarming to the ball. Falcons next year are going 9-1 to 10-0 and anything less would be a dissapointment because of the talent and also Leadership as did some of them showed this year. BUT it's early an the Falcons of 09 still have to grow up throughout the weight room. Time to start counting down!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Minford will still have to deal with Pendleton and Murphy in the backfield at West. Also, I was told that the Frosh team and the JV team at West went undefeated. So, it should be interesting to see how that plays out.

I agree that 9-1 at the very least for Minford next year or bust.

Return to “Football”