Round 2 (11-0) Sheridan vs. (10-1) Eastmoor at DeSales

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Runner
SEO

Round 2 (11-0) Sheridan vs. (10-1) Eastmoor at DeSales

Post by Runner »

Lets have you opinions on this round 2 matchup.

Game is to be played Saturday at Columbus DeSales.
Last edited by Runner on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chiefswrestler2010
Riding the Bench

Re: Round 2 (11-0) Sheridan vs. (10-1) Eastmoor Academy

Post by chiefswrestler2010 »

a few guys and myself from our team went and saw sheridan play last night too much for any team in state to handle sheridan big go red rage

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Round 2 (11-0) Sheridan vs. (10-1) Eastmoor at DeSales

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The drive though short for both favors the Columbus team and then putting the track team Eastmoor has on that fast track is another obstacle that the Generals must overcome.

I think Sheridan is the better team but on this night at that location I am going with Eastmoor to win a close game.

This is another one of those games that either team could win and I as a fan would not be shocked.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Sheridan has been in that position before, playing a team with all this perceived athletic advantage -- and then kicked 'em. Let's not forget the famous "Shock and Awe" Dover team (on THEIR field) and then Steubenville at Dover (the last Steubenville loss before Mooney bumped them in last year's playoffs).

Sheridan gets that bad "hayseed farmboy" rap, but those fellows running around on the sideline in red pullovers have been together a long time and will certainly have everything in order for Friday night.

Generals win because of better coaching, better fundamentals and being less likely to cave in at the first sight of adversity.

maraudermom
Waterboy

Post by maraudermom »

Good Luck Sheridan!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Sheridan is very physical. It will take a stout D to stop them. They will control the line, control the clock, shorten the game and eventually wear down Eastmoor.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

SHERIDAN 21 EASTMOOR 07.........SHERIDAN JUST TOO TOUGH FOR CITY BOYS......bird78 :shock: :-D :!:

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Good Luck Generals

tigers2013
Waterboy

Post by tigers2013 »

a columbus team is not losing in columbus

GO EASTMOOR!!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I like NC's view. I wouldn't be surprised if Eastmoore wins this one. Chillicothe has played against both schools. Eastmoore in the passing scrimmage this summer at Capital University and Sheridan in week three, getting defeated 34-14 on Herrnstein in the rain. I noticed Sheridan had a ruff game against NL at home in week 10. And one against John Glenn and Tri-Valley too. So lets see how CE performs. Columbus does favor CE. Sheridan has a large line and backfield. But if CE can use their speed to perform, look out. Only time will tell. I like Columbus Eastmoore Academy's chances, but again, if Sherdian starts to roll with their big line and running game, who knows. :-D

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

:122246 Oh my gosh. Sheridan wins number 12. But in a hard fought shoot out 42-36.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

As a few others have pointed out Sherdian will come to play and do all the things right to win the game. Speed wont matter Sherdian will win because they are a team from top to bottom!!!!

Go Generals!!!!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Sheridan will win big.

Last time Eastmoor played an MVL team (with a running back now at Cincinnati) they got it handed to them.

THIS Sheridan team is better than that New Lex team, and I don't think Eastmoor is much better than they were that sesaon.

Sheridan rolls to week 13, and then beyond IMO.

Hopefully we'll get the Generals at "The Chief" vs the winner of the Logan Elm/Chillicothe game (Go Cavs and SEOAL).

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Comparing oranges and apples are we? :roll:

How long ago was that when Columbus Eastmoor Academy played a MVL team? This is 2008! And a 2008 new playoff season, meaning anything can happen. Especially, playing at Desales in Columbus. I look at Sheridan's last few games, they had difficulty with NL at home. Let's wait and see. Just like all the folks are talking about Louisville making a statement this week. Hopefully, they won't and Logan will surprise them, but don't count out Columbus Eastmoor either, if their speed kicks in and they can stop Sherdians running game.

We'll have to see. :-D

Hopefully, if Chillicothe moves on and has to play Sheridan again, we will get Lancaster or Jackson as a site to play on. :-D

Although Logan is a SEOAL school it's way to close to Sheridan. Our CAVS are already playing on a playoff site that is only 10 miles from LE. And is a MSL School site.

Thanks but no thanks :!: :mrgreen:

Peanut Butter
Waterboy

Post by Peanut Butter »

Come on Sheridan remind those city boys what southeastern ohio football is all about, Just like Trimble did in the Cincinatti 7 on 7.... thats right :122246 ...Go Generals

beans
Waterboy

Post by beans »

Good-luck Generals....I'll be rootin' for ya!!

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Generals win because of better coaching, better fundamentals and being less likely to cave in at the first sight of adversity.

Agreed. I would add "more discipline" to that list. Eastmoor played my hometown team a couple of years ago and jumped on the midfield logo before the game. After being cleared off the field, they fell behind early and were soundly beaten 52-14.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

BuckeyeCAV wrote: I look at Sheridan's last few games, they had difficulty with NL at home. Let's wait and see.

Are you seriously dogging the Generals because of a 7-0 win over New Lex? First, they played in the pouring rain and, thus, sloppy conditions. Second, they played a 9-0 state-ranked team that has one of the best defenses in Southeast Ohio. Lastly, these two teams are rivals, so it doesn't matter how good either team is coming into the game. That win is just as important as the Chillicothe win.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Hopefully, if Chillicothe moves on and has to play Sheridan again, we will get Lancaster or Jackson as a site to play on. :-D

Logan and Lancaster are about as centrally located as it gets when looking at Sheridan and Chillicothe. I would think that Jackson would be out of the question. IF Sheridan vs. Chillicothe does happen, I would guess the game would be on turf at Logan, but that's just a guess.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

A guess...hopefully we would get Lancaster :!: :-D

Return to “Football”