SE

Re: C.G. FOOTBALL 09

Post by boilermaker »

Repeat ,Same Ole Coal Grove :idea:

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

I've " heard " they have picked up wheelersburg and portsmouth west for next year. Hope the boys are up for it!!! They should be!!! Go Grove!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I thought Lucas said he would never play the Burg again after some dispute a long time ago?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I heard last year they were supposed to pick up the Burg this past year...
I definitely like the idea... Its been a good rivalry over the years.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Yeah I think it could be very intriging game
The team that has dominated the Ovc vs. The team that has Historically dominated the Soc (Even though I hate to say it)
Power vs. Speed....Next year I would take burg, though

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Honest question...would Delawder be better off at a bigger school - not trying to stir the pot but he is pretty good and may be better serve at a bigger place

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

Frank is a good player and Lucas should play him exclusively on defense, where he could be a huge factor. I think CG has enough running backs to carry the ball up the middle. He should not go to a bigger school because he would just blend in with the other players but at CG he will standout a little.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Shoelace wrote:Honest question...would Delawder be better off at a bigger school - not trying to stir the pot but he is pretty good and may be better serve at a bigger place

What grade is he in this year and what bigger school around here could you see being better for him?

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I am not an Ironton person but he would fit in real well there..again not trying start trouble but this kid can play and may be better off at a larger school that is more visable

Knowbody
Waterboy

Post by Knowbody »

Shoelace wrote:Honest question...would Delawder be better off at a bigger school - not trying to stir the pot but he is pretty good and may be better serve at a bigger place

I just don't see Lucas using a running back too terribly often. You know how he loves the pass. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay put, Shoelace. Stay put.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Shoelace wrote:I am not an Ironton person but he would fit in real well there..again not trying start trouble but this kid can play and may be better off at a larger school that is more visable

The Tigers are going to be tough the next few years. You say a more visable school, Ironton fits that description. Good luck to him whatever he does.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

If Frank would go to Ironton he would just be another face in the crowd.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I disagree - I saw the kid play twice this year and think he is outstanding!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Shoelace wrote:I disagree - I saw the kid play twice this year and think he is outstanding!

I agree........

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Just my honest opinion, Frank needs to stay at Coal Grove. If he is good enough to go to the next level, it doesn't matter where he went to high school. Also, why would a running back want to go anywhere else? Even if his carries were down from where he wanted them to be, he still had probably double what he would get anywhere else. Take previous advice and stay put.

P.S. Next year is the year that Coal Grove All-Stars become seniors. Being at Coal Grove could make for a memorable year next year.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg-CG in 09 should be a pretty good matchup then. The burg has a lot of starters returning and a handful of them will be 3 yr starters. .
buckeyeshots wrote:Just my honest opinion, Frank needs to stay at Coal Grove. If he is good enough to go to the next level, it doesn't matter where he went to high school. Also, why would a running back want to go anywhere else? Even if his carries were down from where he wanted them to be, he still had probably double what he would get anywhere else. Take previous advice and stay put.

P.S. Next year is the year that Coal Grove All-Stars become seniors. Being at Coal Grove could make for a memorable year next year.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

With the returning starters Coal Grove will have back, I don't see any reason why Coal Grove can't win the OVC outright next year. South Point and Fairland are losing a bunch of good players. I do have some worries about what the O-line will look like, but I can't see them being any worse-off than they were this year.
As far as playoffs go - Region 19 is going to be stacked next year as it has been the past few years. Wheelersburg and Liberty Union are going to be forces again and Bishop Ready will be tough as always. Minford returns a nice bunch of players and should be in the running to sneak into the playoffs again and Valley's only going to get better. I'm not sure how many starters West will have back, but you have to believe that they won't fall that far.
Coal Grove HAS to win the non-conference games this year. I can't see the OVC supplying CG with many points at all.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

With respect to the whole questionable line problem, their line could be no worse than it was this year. If Coal Grove can win the OVC with the line that they put on display this past year, the sky becomes the limit next year. You know what they say, the field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I agree with that assessment 110% :lol:

Return to “Football”