Early predictions for the best rb in soc 1/ soc 2!

all-time athlete
JV Team

Early predictions for the best rb in soc 1/ soc 2!

Post by all-time athlete »

I look for trevor pendleton from west to be tops next year....Also look for Luke brown from Northwest if he can stay away from injury to make some noise next year!-"please if you disagree with that just don't trash him, he's still a kid!"-.....Let me hear who you guys think will be the best RB's next year!

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Early predictions for the best rb in soc 1/ soc 2!

Post by Westfan »

Both of those Brown boys are excellent players. I agree on Pendelton. Murphy is very good also. If they'll give the award to a junior, Trevon will be a 2 time back of the year. Good thing is that he may be better on D. He and his cousin Compton form the best LB duo around for 2 more years.

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Trevon "WILD CHILD" Pendleton will be the best back next year! He is the complete package at RB he is like 6'1 235lbs full of power and has explosive speed and does a great job at protecting the football...hard to tackle in the open field. second best back will be Aaron Williams from minford he is prolly the fastest back in the SOC. and then probably Brown of NW

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Trevon not trevor...I knew that :oops:

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Mark Slone of Minford.

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

i will have to go with pendleton

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

T CRAIGMILES-BURG-WATCH OUT! Burg should be stout in 09, very tough combo with Shankwiler and Craigmiles!

SOC1-R Bradford-remember it.East.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

Bradford from East will be the best in SOC1.Craigmiles if he is used as a Rb. Both make tackles miss then take advantage of openings.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Craigmiles-fastest kid in the county and Walker from Burg will run, run , and did I mention run!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Next year East could have a triple threat at running back with Bradford and Garret who has already been mentioned but also add in Campa who ran the ball hard when he seen carries this year late in games.

RiverRat
Waterboy

Post by RiverRat »

NICKNEVADA wrote:T CRAIGMILES-BURG-WATCH OUT! Burg should be stout in 09, very tough combo with Shankwiler and Craigmiles!

Have to agree with you on this post.
Burt is going to be loaded next year. Craigmiles is the fastest kid in the county!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RiverRat wrote:
NICKNEVADA wrote:T CRAIGMILES-BURG-WATCH OUT! Burg should be stout in 09, very tough combo with Shankwiler and Craigmiles!

Burt is going to be loaded next year. Craigmiles is the fastest kid in the county!!!

I dont think he could stay up with the younger Williams kid from Minford. I will give Craigmiles second.

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

Hands down Pendleton... He dominated the 2nd best team in area. That kid is special. I have never seen a sophomore dominate the game on that kind of stage.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:Hands down Pendleton... He dominated the 2nd best team in area. That kid is special. I have never seen a sophomore dominate the game on that kind of stage.

Line was there this year for Pendleton, if they are there next year, I agree.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
RiverRat wrote:

I dont think he could stay up with the younger Williams kid from Minford. I will give Craigmiles second.

What number was that younger Williams? If it was #2, J Shank ran away from him and Craigmiles is faster, but not as quick. Ask West LBs and Safeties how fast Craigmiles is. They were stumped when he turned the corner in the 2nd half. And they had no defense for him late in the game but an offensive hold when Craigmiles was starting to roll! But it happens. West LBs were getting tired and couldnt contain him but Burg didnt use him enuff to matter. It all comes down to line play and Burg will have a few back next year. Donty know about West and Minford. Valley will be good. That is where the runners get their due, when the hogs make it happen! Trevon is one of a kind, big and strong, and football fast. Will be interesting to see in 9 MONTHS :(

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

14 posts and no mention of Bukiewicz from Valley or Malone from Waverly? I'll take my chances with Zach's speed against any of these kids on a football field.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

fastest will be settled in track. I think some will not perform as they did this year because the boys doing the work up front wont be as good...some will be better... hard to dominate without a strong team...Some backs will be surprised next year when a defense is out to stop them instead of a stud senior...next november some of us will be smiling...some wont...

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

satis5 wrote:fastest will be settled in track. I think some will not perform as they did this year because the boys doing the work up front wont be as good...some will be better... hard to dominate without a strong team...Some backs will be surprised next year when a defense is out to stop them instead of a stud senior...next november some of us will be smiling...some wont...

I hope your not talking about pendleton. It didn't matter who you keyed on. They are running out of a T-formation and wheelersburg knew where it was coming. And they got to him allnight. But getting to Mr. Pendleton and tackling him is two different things. On about every run he made he was dragging tacklers. Let me say this, He will not disappoint come next season. The kids at West have already started lifting and are thinking state championship in the near future. That's what's preached everyday in the weightroom. West football has changed drastically in the last few months. I have never seen so many kids eager to get in the weightroom and get ready for next year. I know that ready loss left a bad taste in a lot of their mouths. And if you want watch the Ready tape Satis5, They were having trouble tackling the sophomore. Alot of people like me think next year's west team will be better than this years. Another season in the weightroom with Coach is scary after the improvements they made last year.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:I hope your not talking about pendleton. It didn't matter who you keyed on. They are running out of a T-formation and wheelersburg knew where it was coming. And they got to him allnight. But getting to Mr. Pendleton and tackling him is two different things. On about every run he made he was dragging tacklers. Let me say this, He will not disappoint come next season. The kids at West have already started lifting and are thinking state championship in the near future. That's what's preached everyday in the weightroom. West football has changed drastically in the last few months. I have never seen so many kids eager to get in the weightroom and get ready for next year. I know that ready loss left a bad taste in a lot of their mouths. And if you want watch the Ready tape Satis5, They were having trouble tackling the sophomore. Alot of people like me think next year's west team will be better than this years. Another season in the weightroom with Coach is scary after the improvements they made last year.

Pendleton will be the workhorse of this team for the next couple of years. Kids really hard to tackle and if teams dont learn how to take him down then West may take the SOC again. I dont know about a State Championship. This whole thing with LU beating Ready really made people confused. BURG lost to West, BURG lost to LU, West loses to Ready, and then LU beats ready. BURG shoulda coulda woulda beat LU but shot themselves in the foot. West, from what I was told, just kinda fell apart here and there. West will be just as good as last year but they will need to be a whole lot better if they are going to make a Title run. I look for them to make it back the regionals and then who knows.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Crab's brother wrote:14 posts and no mention of Bukiewicz from Valley or Malone from Waverly? I'll take my chances with Zach's speed against any of these kids on a football field.

I have to agree, Zach is very quick. I can tell you that track speed and football speed are two different things. I know...I had them both.

Return to “Football”