Athens 09

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Re: Athens 09

Post by bulldog0909 »

lose alot of Senior starters....got their work cut out for them,but i see a more confident Jr Qb with basically the same WR staff minus TE Zane Summers,and a BIG hole to fill for Cameron Tope..

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

We were contacted recently by the AD at athens about playing a game. We in Ashton dont know much about this team. We were told they were a weak division 6 school that hadnt had football very long. Can anyone add anything? Who is this toupee' kid everyone is raving about?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

His name is Tope. Ask his uncle James. He coaches basketball at your big sister school Wahama.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Athens is a D-3 school. I am pretty sure they could beat you to. :122245 :122245

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

HannanCoach wrote:We were contacted recently by the AD at athens about playing a game. We in Ashton dont know much about this team. We were told they were a weak division 6 school that hadnt had football very long. Can anyone add anything? Who is this toupee' kid everyone is raving about?

Dont let anyone fool you. Anyone can beat Athens if they try. Athens is a program that can only get better. I dont believe you can have a program get any worse than what it has over the past 10-15 years.
They left the SEOAL becuase they couldnt compete and kids lost interest in the program over time becuase of how bad they were. Thats all the info you need. Watch the game film and you'll have all you need to beat them.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

grizzlynatural wrote:
HannanCoach wrote:We were contacted recently by the AD at athens about playing a game. We in Ashton dont know much about this team. We were told they were a weak division 6 school that hadnt had football very long. Can anyone add anything? Who is this toupee' kid everyone is raving about?

Dont let anyone fool you. Anyone can beat Athens if they try. Athens is a program that can only get better. I dont believe you can have a program get any worse than what it has over the past 10-15 years.
They left the SEOAL becuase they couldnt compete and kids lost interest in the program over time becuase of how bad they were. Thats all the info you need. Watch the game film and you'll have all you need to beat them.

No athens left the SEOAL because of Travel.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

No it was stated about a million times why they left. They couldnt compete with the SEOAL coming in the bottom 3 every year for like the past 15 years.Kids lost interest and werent going to rebuild with teams like Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Chillicothe, Ironton, Marietta and Portsmouth that they'd probably not beat in the next 5 years on their schedule.

Travel :lol: Considering the fact that Athens was geographically the CENTER of the SEOAL they had no travel problems. They couldnt compete, simple as that.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

transfering leagues has a lot more variables than just football.

there are at least 15 reasons why they left and a crap load of positive signs coming out of the the new TVC-Ohio thus far ...

a win - win situation and football really didn't have the major say, Athens has over 15 varsity sports! To them (the administrators at Athens) soccer or track is just as important as football ... (which is a problem to me but thats another story. :mrgreen: )

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Athens want to play Hannan? Now thats a new low for the bulldogs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Who cares who Athens plays if you are not a fan of them.
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245
They start to get things on the right track with Football and basketball and people are still bashing them.
Grow up and let it go.

Gobigblacks
JV Team

Post by Gobigblacks »

I would hope that these Hannan rumors are not true because scheduling Wahama and scheduling Hannan in football are two COMPLETELY different stories.

It's hard to win at Hannan with the number of kids that are there (usually 12-17) and the few of those that do play sports. Most of the kids in that area go to Point Pleasant or even to Cabell County to play sports. There have been a lot of great PPHS athletes over the years who live 5-6 minutes away from Hannan High School but drive the 25 minutes to come to Point Pleasant.

This season, our junior varsity here at Point Pleasant played Hannan in a game in football. It didn't count for them - they had a game they were supposed to play, varsity wise, that couldn't happen because their field was destroyed and they had no game for that weekend, so a game was arranged just so they could play that weekend.

Point Pleasant JV 54 Hannan 26 (I think that was the score) and Hannan scored three times in the fourth quarter. It was 42-6 at the half.

Hannan is not who Athens needs to be scheduling and the same goes for Hannan, it's not who they need to be scheduling either, and I mean that with no offense to either program.

Call Point Pleasant, Athens, if you need a game. We have an open date for next year for late in the year that we can't fill and would love to renew the series.

Larry Dallas
Waterboy

Post by Larry Dallas »

The Bulldogs would never schedule Hannan because their overall schedule is weak already. They are going to start strengthening their non-conference schedule to balance out all of the chumps in the weak TVC-Ohio.

My sources tell me that Parkersburg will be on the schedule in 2009. Also hearing that one of the Westerville's will be added in 2010.

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

I don't beleive that this is a true post(Hannan vs Athens),would prefer to think somebody stated this tongue -in-cheek and poke a little fun at Athens.If it were to be true it would be on the level of a Rice playing a KCU,dosen't matter how bad Rice is they still beat a KCU by 50 99 out of a 100 times.I would be surprised to find that Hannan has more wins then years playing football(wins against JV squads excluded) not a knock against them but due to their size and location.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Larry Dallas wrote:The Bulldogs would never schedule Hannan because their overall schedule is weak already. They are going to start strengthening their non-conference schedule to balance out all of the chumps in the weak TVC-Ohio.

My sources tell me that Parkersburg will be on the schedule in 2009. Also hearing that one of the Westerville's will be added in 2010.

Larry Dallas,

Chumps? Hmmm...lets see, you all left the SEOAL right? :roll: :lol:

Now you are calling the TVC-Ohio a weak conference, one I might add that was kind enough to let your team in. Right? Wasn't Athens always at the bottom of the SEOAL? I remember in H.S. at Wellston both my Golden Rockets and the Meigs Maurauders defeated Athens when they were in the SEOAL together back in the 70's. Seems nothing has changed in that department. Huh? :-D

Now to call these teams chumps I believe is an over statement. Didn't Wellston, N-Y and Meigs all former SEOAL schools now TVC-Ohio members defeat your Bulldogs in their first season within the TVC-Ohio? To include in that, your NON-CONFERENCE game with the TVC-Hocking Division School....D5 Federal Hocking Lancers who defeated your Bulldogs at The Plains to, right? :-D

Then you all schedule Wahama, WV (Class A) in a non-conference game? :roll:

I wouldn't start beating your chest just yet. Many things will have to take place for your Bulldogs to climb to the mountain top in your new conference. To call them chumps...and calling the conference weak...might have some looking at your record this season inside the TVC-Ohio, then ask, why did you join the conference then, if it is a chump weak TVC-Ohio Division. :-D

Especially with your record in the TVC-Ohio this past year. Maybe they should have stayed in the SEOAL. :-D

Larry Dallas
Waterboy

Post by Larry Dallas »

BuckeyeCAV(Army),

Why don't you just stay in Ross County with all the prisons and pollution and mind your own business?

I bet you're over 40 and living at home with mommy. Too bad she doesn't set limits on how long you're allowed to use the computer.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

How has attendance compared at Athens this year versus previous years? Did attendance increase this past season playing in the TVC in football? What about other sports?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

96 When we played them at Athens this year I dont remember a very big crowd.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

it seemed verrry low this year compared to the others,more students came to the games this year though...

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

gobigblacks wrote:I would hope that these Hannan rumors are not true because scheduling Wahama and scheduling Hannan in football are two COMPLETELY different stories.

It's hard to win at Hannan with the number of kids that are there (usually 12-17) and the few of those that do play sports. Most of the kids in that area go to Point Pleasant or even to Cabell County to play sports. There have been a lot of great PPHS athletes over the years who live 5-6 minutes away from Hannan High School but drive the 25 minutes to come to Point Pleasant.

This season, our junior varsity here at Point Pleasant played Hannan in a game in football. It didn't count for them - they had a game they were supposed to play, varsity wise, that couldn't happen because their field was destroyed and they had no game for that weekend, so a game was arranged just so they could play that weekend.

Point Pleasant JV 54 Hannan 26 (I think that was the score) and Hannan scored three times in the fourth quarter. It was 42-6 at the half.

Hannan is not who Athens needs to be scheduling and the same goes for Hannan, it's not who they need to be scheduling either, and I mean that with no offense to either program.

Call Point Pleasant, Athens, if you need a game. We have an open date for next year for late in the year that we can't fill and would love to renew the series.

I thought I red on here somewher that Athens as a division 6 school. Are they trying to give us the shuck and drive?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I thought we were all over the fact that Athens changed leages!!
Guess not. It is time to move on it doesn't really matter why they left, they are gone and they will not be back.
Athens will do very well in the TVC, They should be one of the better schools all around and is a great addition.
They can and should win 4 or 5 leage games next year.
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Return to “Football”