A realistic football schedule for Non conference Ironton

85inside
S

A realistic football schedule for Non conference Ironton

Post by 85inside »

I thought a good topic may be a sample schedule for Ironton, starting in 2010.
2010:
Week 1: At Wheelersburg
Week 2: At Russell Ky.
Week 3: Portsmouth
Week 4: At Gallipolis
Week 5: Portsmouth West
Week 6: Ashland
Week 7: At Greenup Ky.
Week 8: Belfry Ky.
Week 9: At Nelsonville York
Week 10: Boyd County Ky.

In 2011 you just reverse the home and away.
This would give ironton a competitive schedule and also achieve the goal of reducing travel expences.
These games would give big gates to both schools in almost every week.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Re: A realistic football schedule for Non conference Ironton

Post by Frank Reagan »

My big problem are with weeks 6, 7, 8 and 10, the Kentucky schools. They have their district games, these are scheduled much like conference games, give weeks 1-3 for non-district games (depending on district size) and usually week 3 or 4 through 10 are district games. There are some exceptions to when they play. Then, add in for some of these schools, they have rivalry games that aren't in the district that fill parts of their non-district games. Then, if the KHSAA redistricts, a school must drop out of district games to get the district games. Playing these district games are manditory for playoff contention. Much of this district football junk is what brought an end to the OKAC, with one exception. :122249 It sounds great in theory, though.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

85inside wrote:I thought a good topic may be a sample schedule for Ironton, starting in 2010.
2010:

This would give ironton a competitive schedule and also achieve the goal of reducing travel expences.

XandOs wrote:My big problem are with weeks 6, 7, 8 and 10, the Kentucky schools. They have their district games, these are scheduled much like conference games, give weeks 1-3 for non-district games (depending on district size) and usually week 3 or 4 through 10 are district games. There are some exceptions to when they play. Then, add in for some of these schools, they have rivalry games that aren't in the district that fill parts of their non-district games. Then, if the KHSAA redistricts, a school must drop out of district games to get the district games. Playing these district games are manditory for playoff contention. Much of this district football junk is what brought an end to the OKAC, with one exception. :122249 It sounds great in theory, though.

How about this for 2010:

Week 4: Chillicothe
Week 5: Ashland
Week 6: At Gallipolis
Week 7: At Portsmouth West
Week 8: River Valley
Week 10: Jackson
Last edited by BuckeyeCAV on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I would love to see Ironton vs. Nelsonville-York continue as a series in week 9 after next season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Buckeye Cav- Supplement your River Valley with Minford and I like your schedule. I highly doubt Ironton would schedule RV, since they will get small second level playoff points from them if they would win.

But the thing is, with SOC II schools just like every other non league team they could play, weeks 6-10 are normally always league games.

They would be better off dropping Russell, and picking up Minford, Coal Grove or South Point. It would bring a bigger gate and they have clear cut second level points if they win, vs the computer points factoring a KY school.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Bleeding Red wrote:Buckeye Cav- Supplement your River Valley with Minford and I like your schedule. I highly doubt Ironton would schedule RV, since they will get small second level playoff points from them if they would win.

But the thing is, with SOC II schools just like every other non league team they could play, weeks 6-10 are normally always league games.

They would be better off dropping Russell, and picking up Minford, Coal Grove or South Point. It would bring a bigger gate and they have clear cut second level points if they win, vs the computer points factoring a KY school.

I agree

littlefoot
Waterboy

Post by littlefoot »

85inside wrote:I thought a good topic may be a sample schedule for Ironton, starting in 2010.
2010:

5 guaranteed Ls :122246 on that schedule maybe even some goose eggs :lol: :122245 :122245 :12223

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Bleeding Red wrote:Buckeye Cav- Supplement your River Valley with Minford and I like your schedule. I highly doubt Ironton would schedule RV, since they will get small second level playoff points from them if they would win.

I agree with dropping RV for the likes of Minford, but dropping Russell is a bad idea. There is something in the playoff point system that turns out to be a benefit to beat an out of state school, like Russell instead of Minford, Coal Grove or South Point.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

That was the reason the OKAC defunked ! KY Schools couldn`t compete with Ironton, and was hurting them in their playoff system.
Ohio
Kentucky
Athletic
Confrence ( just incase someone doesn`t know )

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ironton Needs to KEEP NY IN WEEK 9.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

First off, the Kentucky schools do have a bye week they get to play with. i know Russell and raceland play late in the season and it is not a district game. As for these Ky teams not competing. Not necesssarily true and if the teams want to get better, you usually want to play good competition. playing Ironton would be no hurt to their playoff status and ask Ashland if they appreciate the crowd ironton brings over every other year. Heck, i bet the Greenup - ironton scrimmage game last year drew as big of a crowd as a regular season game at greenup.
I would rather see ironton play a West, Minford or Lucasville Valley, but i dont know the liklihood of those teams playing Ironton year in and year out.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Looks like a good sched to get some easy points games to me.

TARTAN/TITAN
Freshman Team

Post by TARTAN/TITAN »

what about Canada?

thats always a great points game.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

hammerdown wrote:as far as the gates being huge that is dead on, and teams that play better competetion will get better,but which ky teams can really compete with ironton? they won't play ironton year in and year out getting pounded every time they play the tigers.

NOW!!!!!
I think raceland and russell would give ironton all they could handle....... because the talent level isnt what it used to be. dont get me wrong im not saying that i-town doesnt have the talent but its getting better on the KY side too....

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

How about picking up Cabell Midland, Spring Valley or Hurricane? All Triple-A playoff teams in WVa.
Ironton-Jackson should also be an annual matchup ... The Battle of State Route 93!!!

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

WitnessProtection wrote:How about picking up Cabell Midland, Spring Valley or Hurricane? All Triple-A playoff teams in WVa.
Ironton-Jackson should also be an annual matchup ... The Battle of State Route 93!!!

that I think would be a pretty good idea.... those are some competitive teams that could (possibly) generate points. but lets not forget wayne!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

start a new league SOC 2A

Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
West Portsmouth
Jackson
Gallipolis

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Raceland is the best team in that area.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

i dont think its the team as much as it is the rules. IF KY would let there players play the same rules as ohio i think the results would be different. you can really tell a difference in the level of play in the pee wee league...

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

1 of the biggest is not lowering your head for contact.(mainly for running backs) if so that is a personal foul.
Its just a little more physical in ohio.

Return to “Football”