Waterboy

WEEK 4 WEST VS. ROCK HILL

Post by Black&Orange23 »

:twisted: what you think?

osu 77
All State

Re: WEEK 4 WEST VS. ROCK HILL

Post by osu 77 »

West gets win #4 at the Rock. RH starts fast and the same old thing happens.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

West should win this one big. Dont necessarily agree with having your starting QB in the game in the 4th quarter of a blow out.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Last time we played up there, Rock Hill almost beat us. We were the much better team then also. If West isn't ready to play, RH will be right in this game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rock Hill is better than they have been. I was really impressed with them during their scrimmage vs Minford. Their QB threw the ball really well and they had a RB that could make good cuts and get up field.

I think West will win this one, but I wouldnt be surprised if this is a nail biter late in the 4th.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

oooouuuuccchhhhhh

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Will Harper be back?

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

West should win, but I have seen RH play two times this year and they are not that bad. They play hard and fire off the ball... They shot themselves in the foot a few times against Valley and killed good drives they had going. West wins but I agree they should not take Rock Hill lightly

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Post by Black&Orange23 »

noles_fan wrote:West should win this one big. Dont necessarily agree with having your starting QB in the game in the 4th quarter of a blow out.
I don't know if you mean Levi Ratliff. but if you mean him he did not play the 4th quarter. almost the whole varsity team for west was out of the game 6 minutes to go n the 4th. yes there were varsity players in but they were all backups for the starters. trying them at different places.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I was there as I am every week and yes Levi's touchdown pass was in the 4th quarter. There were plenety of chances to throw the ball in that game. You dont risk your starting QB late in a game that is already locked up. You are better servered letting Morgan get all the snaps he can get in case you need him.

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Post by Black&Orange23 »

If you were watching the game. then you would have noticed that we ran the ball a majority of the time. Why durring cvlose games should you throw the ball? why not get more reps in and practice the pass plays when you are ahead and dont have to worry about blowing the lead. we left a few of the wtarting ofense linemen in there to prtoect levis pass rush. so i fell it was a safe call

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Black&Orange23 wrote:If you were watching the game. then you would have noticed that we ran the ball a majority of the time. Why durring cvlose games should you throw the ball? why not get more reps in and practice the pass plays when you are ahead and dont have to worry about blowing the lead. we left a few of the wtarting ofense linemen in there to prtoect levis pass rush. so i fell it was a safe call
You are right we did run the ball the majority of the time, which is why there were plenty of opportunities to throw the ball. There is no better time to throw the ball than when the other team is stacking the box to stop the run. I never said anything about throw when the game was close, and that game wasn't close after about half way thru the 1st quarter.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

I'm sorry folks, but I have to say it was rubbing it in to have Ratliff pass several times against a helpless defense when West was up 40+ to 7 late in the game! I totally believe it is the losing teams job to stop the winning teams offense, but it is the winning teams job to beat the only competition they have at that point, the clock. I am not alone in saying that was a classless move, which needs to be corrected from the top to the bottom. Many fans and parents were not to happy Friday night. I don't want my kid being taught that type of nonsense.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I'm sure they had a reason for Levi to throw that last TD instead of Morgan in there.

They were playing JV's early in the second half. Not to mentioned dressed and played several freshman. They could have won that game by 80 if they wanted were trying to rub it in.

There is two factors at play here:
One the backups practice everyday also, and they deserve the right to play football. Not just go out and kill clock. SP had their varsity in there most, if not all of the game.
Two you have to play your varsity more this time of year. If not they will not be conditioned to play a whole game when their being pushed in the 4th quarter. And with the meat of our schedule coming real soon they will be pushed.

When it comes to blowouts, I believe your team has to come first. Play all your kids when it's time and get them experience in varsity games. But you have a responsibility to get your team better. You need to be considerate of the other team late in the game, but worrying about the other teams feelings before a few minutes to go in the game won't win playoff games.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

All I heard when the new staff took over the team how much more West was going to throw the ball. I have yet to see a better passing game than they had with Coach T.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

West better work on their pass defense cause of SP had a QB who could have gotten the ball to the receivers then we would have had 3 more touchdowns.!

Black&Orange23
Waterboy

Post by Black&Orange23 »

osumufan wrote:West better work on their pass defense cause of SP had a QB who could have gotten the ball to the receivers then we would have had 3 more touchdowns.!
Have you been to the West games then? Bc we have passed WAY more in the first 2 games than we did last year. :roll:

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

black&orange23, don't pay no mind to some of these SPECTATORS. As a west fan I will stand behind my team reguardless of what i think is right or wrong. good luck west
and stay healthy.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Don't some of you guys have bigger problems that getting on here and disrestpecting the high school kids when you need to focus alot more with your middle school program!!!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

west not getting challenged early in any of the 1st 4-5 games hurts them when competition comes later in the year. This year is no different...too many OVC cupcakes before SOC play starts. But thats the way they roll. West wins this one big. MD

Return to “Football”