Ironton's Marcus Williams You Tube Video

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ironton's Marcus Williams You Tube Video

Post by kantuckyII »

Our good buddy, former Ironton football standout Dave Berry, sent me this link with Marcus Williams in it. Ironton Tiger and then both Buckeyes' Marcus and Tyler (Whaley), what fine young men these two are! Both of them have shown nothing but character any and every time that I have been exposed to them and were always polite and respectful to me.

One story I always loved hearing about Marcus was told to me by our good buddy Tiger Town Turkey. After Ironton suffered the heart breaking loss in the basketball state championship game..Turk said he drove by Bartram's (Grocery) around 7 in the morning and there was Marcus out there sweeping the parking lot that morning..

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton's Marcus Williams You Tube Video

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:
One story I always loved hearing about Marcus was told to me by our good buddy Tiger Town Turkey. After Ironton suffered the heart breaking loss in the basketball state championship game..Turk said he drove by Bartram's (Grocery) around 7 in the morning and there was Marcus out there sweeping the parking lot that morning..

Much nicer seeing Marcus with a football in his hand rather than that ol broom he had that day.......... :)

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

What a great example for ALL of Ironton's students to look up to...Marcus Williams and Tyler Whaley. Great students and great young men!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Marcus laid the wood to the lead blocker on that kickoff return that he later recovered the fumble on. The crowd let out a big "uhhh" when he knocked the blocker straight on his can.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

A couple good memories of Marcus are..one, that hit he put on the Boyd County player on the punt but the best was when Ironton was playing North College Hill. I had watched big Bill Walker doing windmills over kids the day before in the game. It was like a globe trotter exhibition...kids were scared to death of them. They would just move out of his way but when he tried to do that to Marcus? no way! Walker tried that on Marcus and Walker hit that floor so hard I thought he might have broke something. He didn't try any of that stuff the rest of the game once Marcus showed him that he and the rest of Ironton wasn't intimidated by them.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya I was courtside at that game and it sounded to me like Marcus told him QUOTE:"I will be here all day!"And he was! :mrgreen: Drew a techinical foul on him as well! :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH BOTH HIS PARENTS, AND PLAYED BALL WITH POPS.
a funny story to me, that i still think about is i had a pair of dada shoes on, one time at football physical fitness. down at the junior high, when my younguns played. they were scarlet and grey. and my lads had transferred in from rock hill. marcus' dad bobby was grinning at me when i looked his way. as i walked over he asked me when i was going to go with the new teams colors, talking about the scarlet and red shoes. i told him , the last time i checked , those were the buckeyes colors. he laughed. now his wonderful son is a great student/athlete there. real good people. and he's married to my cousin.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Marcus is one of the best kids to come out of Ironton.

Go Bucks

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

he did make a nice play :idea: :mrgreen: :arrow:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bleeding Red wrote:Marcus laid the wood to the lead blocker on that kickoff return that he later recovered the fumble on. The crowd let out a big "uhhh" when he knocked the blocker straight on his can.

He laid a slobber knocker on that lead blocker, a couple good runs also.
He's a great young man representing Tiger town.

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

he laid a hit on that guy he is a great player and an even better person

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

very nice tackle , fumble pick up , and run !

If you look at the very end , you can read RR lips , he was upset that the Buckeyes ran the play instead of QB putting his knee down !

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Fun in the Sun wrote:very nice tackle , fumble pick up , and run !

If you look at the very end , you can read RR lips , he was upset that the Buckeyes ran the play instead of QB putting his knee down !

I guess he better get used to being in a real rivalry game, that's if he's around Michigan long enough to figure it out. :lol:

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Big Marc has always been fun to watch, now he's being watched on a bigger circuit! Great kid, great role model. :)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

He did a great job saturday. For these guys to walk on and earn time is awsome. Fine example of hard work and dedication.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I LOVE TO SEE OUR LOCAL KIDS MAKING IT AT THE NEXT LEVEL. I DON'T CARE WHERE THEY ARE FROM. IRONTON HAS HAD SOME GREAT ONES.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

OH, I forgot to add that Marcus was attending Ohio State on a scholastic scholarship to start with. I think, if I'm not mistaken, he's now earned two scholarships? (I stand to be corrected on that if it's not accurate but I'm pretty sure I'm right)

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

What is the second one for?
Im quite possitive hes not on scholarship in football,only on a scholastic scholarship.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You're right, I was told wrong. The person who told me this had told me that the football scholarship would pay for his food as well but anyway, I looked it up. He is still a walk-on

fhsalum1991ah
Waterboy

Post by fhsalum1991ah »

What happened to Jermon Jackson?

Return to “Football”