Waverly Football 2016

Omega
SEOPS H

Waverly Football 2016

Post by Omega »

I have not seen a topic dedicated to Waverly football for the 2016 season. Being from out of state, I have no insight as to their outlook. Any changes in their staff? Numbers? Weight room participation? New players, transfers, injuries that may be significant for the coming season? Is a winning season possible? I believe their schedule is as follows

08/26 A Piketon
09/02 H Chillicothe Zane Trace
09/09 A Chillicothe Unioto
09/16 H Proctorville Fairland
09/24 H Caldwell
09/30 A Lucasville Valley
10/07 H Wheelersburg
10/14 H West Portsmouth Portsmouth West
10/21 A Minford
10/28 A Bidwell River Valley

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly Football 2016

Post by noreply66 »

This topic is about what Omega is asking about above.

Not how other team won or lost against them

Thanks

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE WAVERLY TIGERS THIS FALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bring the Heat
Freshman Team

Post by Bring the Heat »

I would think with that schedule the Tigers should do at worst 7-3.
The only teams returning a solid nucleus would be Burg, West and maybe Minford.

They have gotten rid of some harder games for teams that they can compete with and beat.
They do have a lot returning and both the Junior and Senior classes to be have talented football players.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

With everyone healthy and no surprises (kids unexpectedly not playing, etc.) the Tigers should do no worse than 7-3 and very good possibility of going 8-2 to 9-1.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Why do they not play Jackson anymore? As bad as we are we've kept that game on the schedule. ;-)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I hope they make the playoffs.

I have only got to watch them once in person.

Would be nice to take in a game at their home field.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

More work has begun at the stadium.
Concrete walk (handicap accessible) around the fence (gym and tennis court side) to the visitors side.
Additional visitors bleachers being installed - extending both sides to the light posts, around the 20 yard line.
Work has not yet begun on the parking lot but will this summer. The upper lot (where the school once sat) will be paved and the lower current lot will be patched/sealed and relined.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The downtown facilities are going to be 2nd to none. The parking lot where the school once sat is paved now adding a ton more parking. Additional visitors bleachers will be installed first of August, adding roughly 800 more seats. The Fieldhouse will be getting some much needed Tiger graphics and the "Tigertown" sign above the home bleachers will be updated. The downtown arena continues to get updates and this fall will receive brand new scoreboards. New boards on the walls and a new one hanging in the center. Lights will be around the backboards which light up at the buzzer. Scoreboard clocks will be installed in the locker rooms and a scoreboard in the lobby.

Back to the topic, Tiger football: 7 on 7's looked pretty good and after a week off the Tigers hit two a days first of August.
We did get a nice move in from Lebanon Ohio, a sophomore WR/DB. Good size, hands, and speed. Has an older brother playing football at Akron and an older brother who is a senior in H.S. who didn't make the move to Waverly. Wanted to finish his H.S. days there.
Clayton Howell returns at QB as a Junior and will get the majority of the snaps in practice. Clayton had a fine season last year after starting game 3 and will be much improved this year.
Harris returns at tailback and looks to have another great season, just missing 1,000 yards rushing a year ago.
The receiving core looks to be very good as clutch receiver Cade Marquez returns. Another big target looking to have a breakout year is Kayne Jordan. Kayne will be looking to fill the void left by graduating senior Mason Chapman. Kayne has looked good so far and has good size, good hands, decent speed.
Sophomore move in Easton Wolf, from Lebanon Ohio, will see action at WR as well, bringing with him nice size, speed, and good hands.
Tariq and Faheem Gilbert will see action at TE and maybe some in BF and they will be a load. Other names to look for are Moore & Kritzwiser and I may be leaving somebody out. The O-line will be the biggest question mark. Anderson returns at center, Robinson and Clemmons anchor down the interior line at the guards. Tate Evans looks to take over a tackle spot and I'm not sure about the other. When facing fourth down Howell will be punting the ball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds awesome smurray.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote:The downtown facilities are going to be 2nd to none. ---------.

Thank you smurray for the updates. Maybe some day I can get back to Pike County and see the upgraded downtown facilities and take in a game.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”