New foorball coach at South Point?

robycop3
All State

New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by robycop3 »

I have heard (not confirmed) that South Point will have a new head football coach soon. Anyone have any sure knowledge?

Ump
Freshman Team

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by Ump »

I have heard coach Shilot resigned. I'm sure he will coach "Out Wayne" again. I have not heard of a replacement for him. I'm not sure a search has began.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I am sorry to hear that I wish him well.

I think South Point has a chance to turn things around but it will take the right coach. Someone that has done this in the past and knows how to build the program from the bottom up. There is some talent at South Point the kids need to get back out and support the program.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

It wasn't all Shilot's fault. The senior and junior classes right now weren't successful in any sports in biddy league or middle school ( football, basketball, track and baseball) . Both classes have a less than a handful of athletes, with some only concentrating on one sport. This years freshman and 8th graders should be really good if they all continue to work hard and don't get lazy. I look for the Pointers to be pretty good in a couple of years.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

rumor has it merrill triplett will be the next sp coach. it will take a few years to turn it around but good luck. just hope he can keep the players at sp from transferring out. already rumor of couple 8th graders going to ironton. i am not a big proponent of transferring. wish parents would stay at home school and support their alma mater by sending there kids where they live.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

This is the stuff that makes we want to puke. SP had a very strong MS program the last two seasons and their kids continue to leave the program going to a program that they have beaten head to head. Good luck to whoever lands the job.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

rico suave wrote:rumor has it merrill triplett will be the next sp coach. it will take a few years to turn it around but good luck. just hope he can keep the players at sp from transferring out. already rumor of couple 8th graders going to ironton. i am not a big proponent of transferring. wish parents would stay at home school and support their alma mater by sending there kids where they live.

He would make a good one for the school. I would also think that any of the players leaving would have second thoughts. Does know how to build a prorgam and the kids seem to love him.

ohss76411
Waterboy

Post by ohss76411 »

South point has got the talent 2 be a state champ contder just 2 get a coaching staff that nos what there doing & get there players commeted 2 sports again so every1 will play I mean all respect 2 dlight & but im glade his gona they need 2 get some that nos what there doing & the talrmt that sp has & who 2 put where

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

What???

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

ohss76411 wrote:South point has got the talent 2 be a state champ contder just 2 get a coaching staff that nos what there doing & get there players commeted 2 sports again so every1 will play I mean all respect 2 dlight & but im glade his gona they need 2 get some that nos what there doing & the talrmt that sp has & who 2 put where
docw wrote:What???
here's my best guess as to what he/she was trying to say

South Point has got the talent to be a atate championship contender just need to get a coaching staff that knows what they are doing and get their players commited to sports again so every one will play. I mean all respect to (?) and but I'm glad he's gone. They need to get some one that knows what they are doing and knows the talent that sp has who to put where.

ohsaa76411 you need to spend less time doing sports and more time in the classroom!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

South Point needs to have everyone to buy into a system without attitudes. South Point has always had talent. Much of that talent does not want to play in high school. South Point has not won consistently for years. To win there needs the players have to earn it on and off the field.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Again, I have only *heard* thru the rumor mill that Coach Shilot has left. Some say he resigned; others say he was fired. Anyone know for sure?

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

He has resigned per the story today in the tribune. http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/12/1 ... all-field/

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good luck Coach Shilot.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Thanx. I missed the story when I first read the Trib.

Any word on his replacement?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Has anyone heard who has appllied for the position at this time?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

At this time I have heard there are couple of candiates does anyone know this for a fact?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

ohss76411 wrote:South point has got the talent 2 be a state champ contder just 2 get a coaching staff that nos what there doing & get there players commeted 2 sports again so every1 will play I mean all respect 2 dlight & but im glade his gona they need 2 get some that nos what there doing & the talrmt that sp has & who 2 put where
docw wrote:What???
Who knows, if that person is from South Point the problems are much bigger than a football coach. :lol:

And no, they do not have the talent to be a state champ contender, they aren't even an OVC contender. I watched a Minford team that was not all that great absolutely dismantle SP this year. The problem was much deeper than coaching.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree with you some what but Coaching can make a big difference. The first 2 years that Shilot was there they won the OVC and his last 3 they have gotten worse every year.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Talent runs in cycles, especially in smaller schools, but what I watched last year against West was sad. They hardly had any players on the sideline and they didn't look like they cared that they were on a football field. In 2007 and 2008 South Point was very talented and I'm sure they will get back to that, but regardless of talent (not pointing fingers) the three past years I feel like South Point could of been a little better.

Return to “Football”