SVC 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

the hit king
Freshman Team

Re: SVC 2009

Post by the hit king »

he can play any sport that he wants to play, it doesn't matter what sports he played at the other school.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Westfall should win the league again. Piketon and ZT always seem to run into the "thats why they play the game" cliche. I would love to see a good brawl for the top but time will tell.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

An athlete who played football only at Grove City last year can only play football at Westfall for his first year there, according to OHSAA rules.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

tjfred wrote:he can play any sport that he wants to play, it doesn't matter what sports he played at the other school.

In order to transfer and be eligible this year and play a sport the student had to play that sport for SWCS. IF nothe has to wait one year to be eligible. If he played the sport at SWCS he/she is eligible now.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Question for you...what if a player went out for baseball, football, basketball...etc, and got cut last year from SWCS...is he eligible? Seems like it would be unfair not to be but the rules kind of say they would be ineligible.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

If it is documented that he attempted to play the sport, then I believe he is eligible to play the sport.

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

oh well, news to me. not a fair rule in my opinion. but thats life. in this case with the schools being cut down so to speak, its already unfortunate that the kids got the shaft on extracurriculars. now they are trying to go some where else just to play a sport. how would you feel if you were a parent and your kid never played a sport that they liked, at a big d-1 school, bc that school was loaded with numbers and talent, then he or she transfers to a smaller school and decides to go out for a sport they didnt play or whatever and they are told that they are not allowed to play bc of the rule by the association. i just dont like that rule. i know they have their reasoning but i dont like it.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

tjfred wrote:oh well, news to me. not a fair rule in my opinion. but thats life. in this case with the schools being cut down so to speak, its already unfortunate that the kids got the shaft on extracurriculars. now they are trying to go some where else just to play a sport. how would you feel if you were a parent and your kid never played a sport that they liked, at a big d-1 school, bc that school was loaded with numbers and talent, then he or she transfers to a smaller school and decides to go out for a sport they didnt play or whatever and they are told that they are not allowed to play bc of the rule by the association. i just dont like that rule. i know they have their reasoning but i dont like it.

Got to agree. Imagine sophomores trying to make the JV team at Grove City with juniors on the team. I can see where kids wouldn't even try.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

SEfan2007 wrote:
mstangmom wrote:R-STREAK the story on the news dod not say all the sports this kid played, the focus on the the story was his Baseball. thats why I said it doesn't mean he won't play football.

As far as santa. I don't know if he lives in williamsport, I don;t live there and neither is the school there It's just a mailing addy.

On another note, I really don't think transfers willl make that much of a difference on the Football team. most of the positions were pretty much decided before this week fron last years team. doesn't maen some of them won't get a slot on the team but they would really need to prove they deserve it totake it from a player who already has a slot.

if they are the superior player, they will play.....do not be foolish enough to think that some intersting phone calls havent been happening in the past 2 months between the parties involved.

So the kid on the news is going to Westfall and will play basketball and baseball. Not football. And there are 6 varsity level transfers...they will make a difference. A few kids can now play only offense instead of both sides of the ball. I'm biased but I would say the worst this team will do is 9-1 and a deep playoff run. 73 kids in uniform. I see the streak continuing through the season.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Thanks for the update wffan, WOW Didn't really think we would get that many transfers from SWCS I thought maybe one or two. I really thought most of most of them would look to city schools around C-bus or Grove city Christian.
6 coming to westfall is a big difference.

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

I'm just happy to see that these boy's found a place to play... of course people are going to complain but you can not take high school athletics from a young man

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Westfall looked pretty good tonight, some mistakes but nothing thaat can't be fixed at practice. all in all looks another great year.
Westfall varsity 13 Clinton Massie Varsity 6
JV went in and game tied up 13-13 for a final

Return to “Football”