3%
Federal Hocking
No votes

Total votes: 63

route7
Freshman Team

TVC Hocking 2016

Post by route7 »

Anyone know any info on how the Hocking is looking for this coming season?

route7
Freshman Team

Re: TVC Hocking Football 2016

Post by route7 »

I see no one wants to talk about the Hocking

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

1-2-3(no order) Trimble, Waterford, Belpre
4-5-6-7(no order) Southern, Eastern, Wahama, Miller
8 South Gallia
9 Federal Hocking (I guarantee the Lancers don't win a single game)

Irish Dawg
Waterboy

Post by Irish Dawg »

Southern and Miller could sneak up on some people. More wide-open at the top than any time before.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Irish Dawg wrote:Southern and Miller could sneak up on some people. More wide-open at the top than any time before.
Southern WILL sneak up on people.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I'll take Trimble to win it but others may have closed the gap some this year.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Definitely watch out for Southern... I also think Eastern has the talent level to surprise some people. Eastern's problem is culture down there but watch out for them as well.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

I hear people saying this is a rebuilding year for the Cats, I don't buy it. Trimble reloads not rebuilds. To be the best you have to beat the best, and I don't see anyone in the Hocking doing that

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
CHUPALA!!!
Waterboy

Post by CHUPALA!!! »

This is how I see it:

1. Waterford - Young talent and an improved staff make these guys the team to beat.
2. Trimble - enough talent plus the best coaching staff on this corner of the state will keep them close
3. Southern - Football is now top dog in Racine. I would hate to be Eastern this year.
4. Belpre - Bedgood runs 2500 yards and scores 35 tads. Somewhere eagle papaw is smiling.
5. Miller - the dark horse of the conference
6. Eastern - Might slip up on miller
7. Wahama - Someone wrote their is no talent in the foreseeable future. They may be right.
8. South Gallia- graduated too many touchdowns. Beware of federal hocking. Better hope McClelland comes to crown city.
9. Federal Hocking - some posters on here are predicting 0-10. I personally see them getting a win or two.

These are just my thoughts guys!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

CHUPALA!!! wrote:This is how I see it:

1. Waterford - Young talent and an improved staff make these guys the team to beat.
2. Trimble - enough talent plus the best coaching staff on this corner of the state will keep them close
3. Southern - Football is now top dog in Racine. I would hate to be Eastern this year.
4. Belpre - Bedgood runs 2500 yards and scores 35 tads. Somewhere eagle papaw is smiling.
5. Miller - the dark horse of the conference
7. Wahama - Someone wrote their is no talent in the foreseeable future. They may be right.
8. South Gallia- graduated too many touchdowns. Beware of federal hocking. Better hope McClelland comes to crown city.
9. Federal Hocking - some posters on here are predicting 0-10. I personally see them getting a win or two.

These are just my thoughts guys!
Not bad, but I made a few adjustments in bold:

2. Trimble - enough talent but lost the two best coaches from last years staff. Those two called all offenses and defenses. One more year near the top though.
4. Miller - the dark horse of the conference
5. Belpre - Bedgood is keyed on this year as the one trick pony.

CHUPALA!!!
Waterboy

Post by CHUPALA!!! »

Wow I didn't know the two from trimble had that much authority. Did they both go over the hill?

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

CHUPALA!!! wrote:Wow I didn't know the two from trimble had that much authority. Did they both go over the hill?
They didnt have as much as some think. I know of one time i even asked Rusty to try and run a play he said I would if I was aloud to. Ive said this in the past if your going to get Trimble you better do it this year because they have a undefeated Jv team from last yr undefeated 8th grade coming this yr and the 6th grade class is loaded and went undefeated this past year and that group will be there in a couple years. Too much talent coming in the next couple years that the only problem Phil will have is how is he going to get all of it on the field at once. With that said my prediction this year is 9-1 but always want 10-0

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Ttomcat99 wrote:
CHUPALA!!! wrote:Wow I didn't know the two from trimble had that much authority. Did they both go over the hill?
They didnt have as much as some think. I know of one time i even asked Rusty to try and run a play he said I would if I was aloud to. Ive said this in the past if your going to get Trimble you better do it this year because they have a undefeated Jv team from last yr undefeated 8th grade coming this yr and the 6th grade class is loaded and went undefeated this past year and that group will be there in a couple years. Too much talent coming in the next couple years that the only problem Phil will have is how is he going to get all of it on the field at once
That response is funny. So you tell a coach, "hey run this play it works every time we call it in pee wee ball..." He responds, "yea I would if I was allowed..." That was his nice way of getting rid of you without laughing at you. :lol: Richards called ALL the offense and Osborne called the defense with Richards assisting him.

You might want to check on your "undefeated" teams cause I know the JV lost at least two games. Keep counting the jr high though. Southern had several undefeated jr high teams over the past several years and we all know how those turned out. :mrgreen:

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

Its still Southern football. It will still be the same as year in year out get the basketballs out by october and get ready for hoops And as saying this is open he agreed and came out next half and ran it.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Ttomcat99 wrote:Its still Southern football. It will still be the same as year in year out get the basketballs out by october and get ready for hoops And as saying this is open he agreed and came out next half and ran it.
Thought he "wasn't allowed..." :lol: Also thought you said he "didn't have as much as people think." :lol:

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Ttomcat99 wrote:Its still Southern football. It will still be the same as year in year out get the basketballs out by october and get ready for hoops And as saying this is open he agreed and came out next half and ran it.
It's no longer "...still Southern football." The new staff will make sure of that. But thanks for the material. I know just where they will put that.

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

Phil always has the final say. You dont think possibly he said at half time hey coach this is open we need to consider it.

Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

No problem for the material. They need all they can. That 41-14 score from last year could possibly be the same with one exception you saw a big dose of Justice Jenkins. This year you see big dose of Cameron Curry who would have been a starting running back on any team in the Hocking last year

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Ttomcat99 wrote:Phil always has the final say. You dont think possibly he said at half time hey coach this is open we need to consider it.
If Phil heard some fan say, "hey run this it's open" and then told the OC to call it he is in more trouble than anyone could have imagined. :lol: I wonder if Ryan Adams up at Athens ever does that? :lol: I know someone who doesn't do that and he is coaching at Southern now. :mrgreen:

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Keep it coming 99. I like how you think. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”