How about Southern Ohio football!

28Buck
Freshman Team

How about Southern Ohio football!

Post by 28Buck »

With Valley, West, Ironton, Jackson and Symmes Valley all advancing. As well as Peake and East playing tough games I would like to congratulate these teams on great seasons and will be rooting for all of them! Go get them boys!! The South will rise again :122249 !

billcox
Varsity

Re: How about Southern Ohio football!

Post by billcox »

Excellent year for SE Ohio football. I believe that all 5 teams that are still playing have the potential to advance another round if not deeper.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Actually, its going right on schedule, with most SEO teams losing immediately in the first round, leaving few teams left. You had several SEO vs SEO matchups in the first round that helped you. The SEO begins to play the "outsiders" and I expect the region to be beat up. Finally, lets see how many SEO teams actually win the SE Region. My guess is you will be lucky to have just one, if any, out of all 6 divisions.

Insanity -- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

As yes the Logan fanatic has spoken. People listen to him he has seen a lot of playoffs games considering his team has only been in the playoffs like 5 times in 30 years. So he has plenty of time to travel around to see all the different teams that actually have made the playoffs.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Paladin_II wrote:Actually, its going right on schedule, with most SEO teams losing immediately in the first round, leaving few teams left. You had several SEO vs SEO matchups in the first round that helped you. The SEO begins to play the "outsiders" and I expect the region to be beat up. Finally, lets see how many SEO teams actually win the SE Region. My guess is you will be lucky to have just one, if any, out of all 6 divisions.

Insanity -- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
Hello pot.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Ironton 12 Amanda 9

Valley 28 Ridgewood 21

Last time I checked neither Amanda or Ridgewood are in southeastern Ohio.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Paladin may be an @ss that no one likes and no one wants to hear what he says. I hate reading everything he puts on here as much as the next guy, but you know what he is telling the truth. I loved playing high school football more than anything and now since i cant do that i live for the 15 weeks of football every year and go to every Nelsonville game and usually catch 5 or 6 other teams play on sat nights, and got to 2 playoff games every weekend until the finals. I may be young but i have seen hundreds of games throughout the state and he is right southeast ohio football is weak compared to the rest of the state. I hate it but its true, but you know what i would much rather go watch d6 trimble play than go see d1 st.x or lakewood play on a fri night. We take pride in our football around here its more than a sport to us. I am proud to be from here and will cheer on any seo team when theyre in playoffs or playing any team from the west or north.
Last edited by bucks_09 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SouthernStorm wrote:Ironton 12 Amanda 9

Valley 28 Ridgewood 21

I'll have to give Amanda SEO status but Ridgewood is way above I-70.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:Ironton 12 Amanda 9

Valley 28 Ridgewood 21

I'll have to give Amanda SEO status but Ridgewood is way above I-70.
Yes, Amanda is technically in the southeast quadrant of Ohio (south of I-70 & east of I-23). Are we talking about true southeastern Ohio teams or are we going to be nitpicks for no good reason? Should we then include Lancaster in this conversation with the likes of Valley, Portsmouth West, Ironton, Jackson and so on? Get real!

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

You earn respect in life. You don't get it by chest thumping or living life in the past. When SEO consistently fields State Championship teams or regional champs, then maybe the rest of the state will take the region seriously. The rare champions that have come from our area are HUGE for us locals but they are anomalies on the state scene. Until we are consistent regional champs, it is what it is. We love and support our teams. For a few weeks in the Fall it is our cheapest and for most folks the only form of entertainment.

That doesn't mean Paladin isn't an obnoxious poster. We've read his bull dung for years. Give it a break!

I don't understand all the complaining about travel either. The alternative is not very appealing. Is there really a big difference in 50 miles? Less than 10 dollars. If budgets are that tight, maybe priorities need adjusting. JMHO!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

SE Ohio football doesn't measure up to the rest of the state. That's true. But the way Paladin goes about saying it is rude.

I'd like to see some more scheduling up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

tigercannon71 wrote:As yes the Logan fanatic has spoken. People listen to him he has seen a lot of playoffs games considering his team has only been in the playoffs like 5 times in 30 years. So he has plenty of time to travel around to see all the different teams that actually have made the playoffs.

Very true. Dont forget that the years Logan did make it, Paladin's schedule was wide open from week 12 on because they never advanced.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

paladin and all of you supporters of him get a clue. you want to see what happens in high school football when you load up your schedule cause you think you can play with the big schools? your like ursaline sitting at home on week 11 instead of playing for a championship cause the first rule to winning it is you have to be there to do it, and if you keep doing it 4-6 every yr. you dont have to worry about finding a team to play ya cause they are gonna be lined up waiting for your computer points cause those players you were shipping in arent going to be there. just like whats happening at logan right now, thought they were big time cause they had a couple of classes go through and now everyone is wanting those d2 1st level points including all the southern ohio schools who are beating down the door to get on their schedule for the next few yrs. PALEASE
he isnt right this isnt basketball where you make yourself battle tested this is football where you have to keep your team healthy, how do you practice when your qbs hurt, your backs are beat up, lord people college football teams dont even do it WHY because what good does it do them if in the end they are to beat up to even win their conferance let alone a championship.
dont know what your issue is with southern ohio dont care but i for one am not buying that coolaid your selling, you think your smart and love to hear yourself or should i say read what you type you dont have a clue. get over yourself.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

First thing its hard to win as much when you don't have near as many teams. Cincinnati is technically in southern Ohio, but they aren't ever included in discussions. But I tend to think they are very competitive in all divisions. So when you talk of southern ohio, basically your just using the small quadrant down here in the south-east. We don't win as much, but we do have teams that compete, just not enough of them. But as an argument, we don't have near the teams, especially in D1 and D2.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

You'll NEVER hear the Cincy teams mentioned, because he likes to spin it so it sounds like all north. I mean cincy is ON THE RIVER, how much further south can you get? Doesnt matter if its SOUTHeast, SOUTHcentral, or SOUTHwest.

So, why no mention of the "SOUTHwest"???

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

chicken_coop wrote:You'll NEVER hear the Cincy teams mentioned, because he likes to spin it so it sounds like all north. I mean cincy is ON THE RIVER, how much further south can you get? Doesnt matter if its SOUTHeast, SOUTHcentral, or SOUTHwest.

So, why no mention of the "SOUTHwest"???

Prolly cause "Powladdin" figgers some of'em is "citified" folks that's better athleetes and smarter than us from southern ahia and cents me an you wus transplants and not a teachin and coachin like he done when we moved ta places like Injianapolice and Kowlumbus from Sciotee and Meegs counties I reckon he really nowes he cain't fool us kus we's as smart as he is ceptin he just muved more North.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

LOL.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Most discussions are about the FOUR REGIONS of Ohio in the playoffs. I simply point out that of the four, one and only is viewed as weak. That region often includes part of metro Columbus or depending on how the region is cut up, runs further North or further west to carve out the "SE" region. I've made it a point to annually remind you of why you are what you are -- no guts to play better schedules to not only improve yourself, but the region as a whole. There are no excuses down there. Other parts of Ohio have rural spots, thin non-metro populations and yet, they win Championships and compete well. They take scheduling seriously. I tire repeating myself, but the region really has no shame. You refuse to do what the entire rest of the state does. Believe me, I'd like to see the region competitive on a state wide basis. But the reality is, you aren't and its because you won't do what you need to do , both as individual teams and on a regional basis. So sit back and watch the rest of the state do what they HAVE EARNED.

And now, back to status quo.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Paladin_II wrote: I tire repeating myself
Really? Could have fooled me.

Many of us in SE Ohio don't disagree with what you're saying. In fact, I think most people on here see that the point you're making is a valid one. People have a problem with how you deliver the message. You're fully aware of those facts, yet you continue to antagonize and belittle everyone. Instead of talking trash to fans, and talking trash about football programs, maybe you should start e-mailing athletic directors and administrators. They're the ones who make these types of decisions, not us, and not the kids playing on Friday/Saturday nights.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Actually YOU are the ones to talk to your ADs , coaches and school administrators, not me. The taxpayers are their constituents, not me. You have ther vested interest , not me. Your schools, not mine. But nice try at passing the buck on a deplorable condition.

Return to “Football”