Is Jackson Leaving SEOAL?

irish08
Riding the Bench

Is Jackson Leaving SEOAL?

Post by irish08 »

Is Jackson Leaving the SEOAL? I've heard that they are looking at moving to they SOC. with portsmouth and chillicothe.

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Is Jackson Leaving SEOAL?

Post by Regulator »

Do you honestly think Wheelersburg, Minford, Valley, and Oak Hill are going to vote Jackson, Chillicothe, and Portsmouth to enter the SOC? Yeah right. :lol: Jackson will remain SEOAL along with Logan, Chillicothe, Portsmouth, Gallipolis, and Warren Local.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

They were going to an SOC meeting. So before you laugh know what you are talking about. :-D

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

Before you start laughing did you know that they went to the SOC meeting? :-D

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

irish08 wrote:They were going to an SOC meeting. So before you laugh know what you are talking about. :-D

irish08 wrote:Before you start laughing did you know that they went to the SOC meeting? :-D

Ok, what does that prove? I think any school can go to the meeting asking to join. Does this mean the teams I mentioned are going to vote them in? They are not going to vote them in!!!! So know what you are talking about. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Since you like me laughing so much!!! :lol: :lol:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

The SOC will not vote in all four schools in Portsmouth, Jackson,Ironton, and Chillicothe.....honestly the only 2 that would have a reasonable chance of getting in are Portsmouth and Ironton

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

wait a second...If Gallia, Jackson, Portsmouth, Chillicothe and Ironton petitioned a conference as a block, why would they not be voted in? The five schools could petition the SOC to enter in in say a 3rd division together. Maybe then down the road if Burg, West, waverly or another outside team wanted in they could switch divisions.
I see no negative to letting a block of schools in to your conference?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

85inside wrote:wait a second...If Gallia, Jackson, Portsmouth, Chillicothe and Ironton petitioned a conference as a block, why would they not be voted in? The five schools could petition the SOC to enter in in say a 3rd division together. Maybe then down the road if Burg, West, waverly or another outside team wanted in they could switch divisions.

Simple, there is only one team that can compete with these schools on a yearly basis and that would be Wheelersburg. Why would Minford, Valley, West, and Northwest vote anyone in? Northwest is just as big as any of these schools, but do you think they would want to compete against them? Heck no!!
Do I like the conferences how they are? NO Would I like to see a more balanced conference in Southeast Ohio? Yes, But people this will never come about. Trust me!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Regulator wrote:
85inside wrote:wait a second...If Gallia, Jackson, Portsmouth, Chillicothe and Ironton petitioned a conference as a block, why would they not be voted in? The five schools could petition the SOC to enter in in say a 3rd division together. Maybe then down the road if Burg, West, waverly or another outside team wanted in they could switch divisions.

Simple, there is only one team that can compete with these schools on a yearly basis and that would be Wheelersburg. Why would Minford, Valley, West, and Northwest vote anyone in? Northwest is just as big as any of these schools, but do you think they would want to compete against them? Heck no!!
Do I like the conferences how they are? NO Would I like to see a more balanced conference in Southeast Ohio? Yes, But people this will never come about. Trust me!!!

If those 5 new schools were in the same division, why would the other schools worry about competing? They wouldnt be playing those schools, unless those chose to. One would then ask, why would a block of 5 schools ask a conference to get in? Simple. Name recognition and the possibility for further expansion. Also an existing relationship with other division schools. Easier to schedule non revenue sports and possibly non conference action in other sports. I would think this would bring a lot of new credibility to an already strong conference.

If Portsmouth, Jackson, Gallia, Chillicothe and Ironton were indeed looking to stay together and join up in a new conference, I think it would be great. Even if an alreay existing conference said no, they should go together and start a conference with just the 5 of them.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

85inside wrote:
Regulator wrote:

If Portsmouth, Jackson, Gallia, Chillicothe and Ironton were indeed looking to stay together and join up in a new conference, I think it would be great. Even if an alreay existing conference said no, they should go together and start a conference with just the 5 of them.

They should go together and start a conference with just the 5 of them. They already have. It is called The SEOAL!
Marietta, Zanesville, and Warren will be gone soon, so there you go.

The only chance these schools have would be to invite a team or two from another conference to join them and not the other way around.
Why not invite Waverly?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Still dont know why you reinvent the wheel? Also, Logan is also in the SEOAL and even thought the other schools you mentioned are rumored to leave, they havent yet.
Personally, I agree with you on starting a new conference. Maybe we could have a naming contest for this new league. I would like the simple name of "The Ohio Conference"

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

gahs4ever,

I am afraid from what I am hearing Portsmouth, Chillicothe, and Jackson are looking hard to leave.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Are there others also?

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

I have no idea if Jackson is leaving the SEOAL or not but if they do than good luck to them. It will be ok, I have said many times that the SEOAL will carry on but will definatley look different down the road and maybe just maybe it wont exist at all and thats ok to. All of these teams wont just fold up and quit they will join another league or be an independent. Change is ok, I still have no idea why people get so riled up on someone leaving the league. They have every right to do so and especially if it is in there best interest. GO BLUE

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

The Jackson rumor from my understanding is not true...I was told tonight only 2 schools have looked at joining the SOC and they are Portsmouth and South Gallia....and nothing will be known for another 3 months from my understanding.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Tartanblue wrote:The Jackson rumor from my understanding is not true...I was told tonight only 2 schools have looked at joining the SOC and they are Portsmouth and South Gallia....and nothing will be known for another 3 months from my understanding.

No more like three years would be right,It will take that long .If at all

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Tartanblue wrote:The Jackson rumor from my understanding is not true...I was told tonight only 2 schools have looked at joining the SOC and they are Portsmouth and South Gallia....and nothing will be known for another 3 months from my understanding.

I read about this on JJHuddle on a topic started by our resident expert in creating new leagues. I have been trying to confirm if it is true and everyone that I ask from Jackson says that they know nothing about it. I don't know if it is true or not because I haven't talked to the AD or any administrators, but people who usually know about things such as this have not heard a thing. I'm beginning to think it's just a rumor and nothing more as of right now. Maybe that will change. I'm hoping that what you were told is true because it would be a sad day for me if Jackson left the SEOAL. Even if Jackson were to apply to the SOC, I highly doubt that they would be voted since Portsmouth has had so much trouble in the past.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Jackson will not leave the SEOAL . What would their reason be. This is a league they helped start ,and there is much pride in that. Jackson rightfully so has that,Pride.The Ironmen, Bluedevils,Chieftians will keep it going. I am a SEOAL fan ,even though my Rockets got to where they couldnt compete any longer I take Pride in Wellston's part in this league.
If it took Wellston going back to keep the league going I would be for even if we couldnt win a game.
Now before anyone gets on here and laughs at Wellston ,this is my opinion and beside ther was a time long ago when Wellston was a big part of this league.
Good luck to all the SEOAL , and keep the faith better days are ahead. :idea:

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

The only chance these schools have would be to invite a team or two from another conference to join them and not the other way around.
Why not invite Waverly?

Because, according to you,

there is only one team that can compete with these schools on a yearly basis and that would be Wheelersburg.

Why invite the lowly Tigers?

Why would we want to be part of a league that we couldn't compete in on a yearly basis? :roll:

Boilermaker:

If it took Wellston going back to keep the league going I would be for even if we couldnt win a game.

So your loyalty is first to a league that Wellston isn't even a part of?

My loyalty is to our kids, period.

ptoflstrst
Waterboy

Post by ptoflstrst »

Change, change, change..... I can understand why Jackson (along with the others), would want in the SOC. Proximity, proximity, proximity..... Gas prices..... It would be a wise economic choice for the Jackson program to enter the SOC. Once again, we must be reminded that athletics goes beyond the football spectrum.

Return to “Football”