Week two: Wellston at Minford

mglight88
SE

Week two: Wellston at Minford

Post by mglight88 »

Thoughts on this game?
Might know a little more after the Wellston-Jackson game tonight, but I see the Falcons taking this contest by three scores.
Always a tough game between Minford and Wellston, but the Falcons will continue to soar this season at their home opener and wall of fame night.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Week two: Wellston at Minford

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Wellston drops to 0-2

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what fido said.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Wellston just don't have the depth i'm afraid. Lots of heart but not enough experienced helmets...

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I think Minford rolls on to victory #2.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I watched Wellston tonight against Jackson. They played Jackson very close the first half without really getting ANYTHING on offense.

Wellston is very good on defense stopping runs up the middle. Prater is very good. Their corners come up fast to stop sweeps. On offense, Prater will get alot of carries and will run the waggle when he lines up at QB. But Wellston's line is slow and couldnt keep the Ironmen from drilling Prater and the other Wellston backs behind the line of scrimmage.

Stop Prater, win the game.

I will say Minford will win this one 28-7.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

FALCONS RULE !!!

"FEAR THE BIRD"

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

wellston reviews and re groups pulls out with the win

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford by enough.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

How many does minford return from last years team? They didn't seem to have any problems this past week with south point. Wellston played tough on D against jackson, but could not move the ball at all. Minford will do the same thing that jackson did. They will stuff the box and key in on 33. If they do not make any adjustments on their line, I'm afraid minford will make it a long night for the rockets. Best of luck to both squads and hope for an injury free game.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Prater seems to be all Wellston has in terms of playmakers. Stop him and the offense is incapable of moving the football. That is exactly what Jackson did. I was surprised at how easily Jackson's D line got to Prater on pass plays.

I think Wellston is a pretty good defensive team, but they will have another week of low offensive production against Minford IMO.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Tougher test than last week , but Falcons Fly High.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Jackson could go 10-0, Wellston playing a tougher opponent in the opener will be an advantage for the Rockets, I honestly don't know who will win but I will look forward to another typical Wellston-Minford tough, close game on Friday if the Rockets limit their mistakes and play a full four quarters.

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

Wellston played well for 3 quarters. Penalties killed them, and 2 costly turnovers on somewhat successful drives. I dont see minford having the same speed on defense as jackson, nor the offensive output Jackson is capable of. I say Wellston by 14.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

jervin wrote:Wellston played well for 3 quarters. Penalties killed them, and 2 costly turnovers on somewhat successful drives. I dont see minford having the same speed on defense as jackson, nor the offensive output Jackson is capable of. I say Wellston by 14.
Successful drives? They had 28 yards of offense from the line of scrimmage. I agree that they penalized themselves to death, but take away 2 longer runs they had and they basically didnt move the ball.

Wellston's only bright spot was on defense, and I agree they are solid. But Minford has plenty of weapons to go to and will score points on them.

Wellston 7
Minford 28

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

Good luck to both teams. Wellston will get the offense going. The drives I spoke of were both cut short by penalties and turnovers both of which they were moving forward. Just penalties kept the
Back... I guess successful should not have been the word. Maybe potential

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

good luck to both teams this week wellston hurt them selfs penalties took away possible scores really the game was closer than the score jackson did not break away untill the fourth quartermissed tackles will kill you if a couple kids step up some they will have a good season prater will come back they have a good group of athletes i thought the two brown boys played a good game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

jervin wrote:Good luck to both teams. Wellston will get the offense going. The drives I spoke of were both cut short by penalties and turnovers both of which they were moving forward. Just penalties kept the
Back... I guess successful should not have been the word. Maybe potential

I agree 100%. I was there watching the game Saturday, and the times they did have a play hit for 6-7 yards they shot themselves in the foot and backed them up making it 3rd and long. I also thought that Wellston played very conservative football, even late in the 4th when they were down 28 pts. Then they tried to pass and Prater was sacked several times and took some pretty good shots from the backside blitz. Then I realized why they werent trying to run the waggle as much as I thought they would.

This game is always a hard hitting affair, I think this year will be no different. I think Wellston can have a really good year if they get the offense clicking and protect Prater when he drops back to throw the ball. They cannot afford to have him hurt.

I can see this game being a little slow paced the first quarter. Once either line starts to give ground there will be a big play that will set the tone for the rest of the game.

Good luck to both teams, hopefully they will come out of the game injury free.

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

good post rockets have to protect who ever is in at QB they all have to stay healthy not that deep .

Return to “Football”