SOC1 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Predictions for SOC 1 in 2009

Post by Tartanblue »

East should win it again with the talent back and rumors of kids comin in to play for the tartans

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

I think Oak Hill has a shot to overtake East this year.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

My best guess right now would be:
1. Oak Hill
2. East
3. Symmes Valley
4. Notre Dame
5. Green

It will take a lot for Oak Hill to over take East, but I think they could do it this year. The talented freshman class are Juniors now, and should be ready to get the school's first Soc. However, I wouldn't be suprised to see East get the 4th in a row. As of right now I don't see the other 3 schools making a push for the title, but that is why they play the games.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

East returns alot of talent and I just dont see Oak Hill beating them due to East having more speed up front then Oak Hill has. I have also heard that there may be some kids coming down to Sciotoville to play this fall so we shall see.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I haven't heard names on who could be coming, but the talent returning are Garret, Garret, Rawlins, Bradford, Campa, Blair, and Bradford to just name a few both on offense and defense. Should be a fun year for the TRUE Tartan Faithful that are at every game or atleast try to be. Seen alot of peopl last year at the playoff game that I never seen all year and left before the game was even over.

voiceofreason
Waterboy

Post by voiceofreason »

blue, dont forget d.gray

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

forgot about Grey, I kept thinking all year during the year he was a senior and people kept reminding me he was only a junior. I wouldn't be suprised if he is moved to Middle Linebacker for Mault

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I also think the Stringer kid from East is pretty tough, they will be a tough team to beat and I cant wait for the opener at an improved Northwest who will have alot of excitement following them into the opener.

tartanguard/forward
Waterboy

Post by tartanguard/forward »

randolph is also a tough reciever.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

East
Oak Hill
Symmes Valley
ND
Green

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Does East still have an opening week 3?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I see the SOC I playing out like this;

EAST Champions
Oak Hill
Notre Dame
Symmes Valley
Green

As for East playing 9 games this upcoming season? It looks like that will be the case; dropping Matewan from the schedule. ATTENTION: I would never recommend any team scheduling Matewan, Wva. That team is has 3 referees that do their games every Friday night. The officiating is the worst in the history of sports; every time! I can show video footage to anyone that would make the mildest football fan ready to commit homocide!

So, Coach Hall last year after the game stated we will never play them again, ever! As far as, filling the schedule. I don't know why the week was not filled! That's a question for the AD; but, I do know that it would be hard to fill a week #3 even with a years notice!

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

there has gotta be a team out there somewhere that has an opening. they shouldve dropped matewan after this year becasue they would be coming to Sciotoville and last time that happened they get spanked.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Oak Hill

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I have heard they have talked to a couple teams about week 3...maybe we could play a canadian team :-D

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Come on Tartanblue! Why the heck would we want to play a Canadian team! Trying to keep it in our own backyard; not in other countries!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think Johnstown-Northridge has an opening week 3.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

They could come here for one year and then we could find someone to fill their spot for the following... :122245 I would like to see if Fairview or Raceland has week 3 open that would be a good game between East and one of them.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

East used to play Fairview almosy every year and won about everytime so I dont see why we wouldnt wanna tangle with them? I like what ND has done with scheduling Greenup County.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

We also, used to play or scrimmage Lewis County for a couple of years! I think it was scrimmages. Anyway, their coaches after the game said that they wanted to scrimmage us to prepare for Ohio football teams. We beat the crap out of them and they were pretty banged up too, if I remember correctly; several went out of the game injuried! Our coaches told them that we are a small D6 school and if we did this type of damage to them; the likes of a Burg or Ironton would crush them bad! They were really shocked to hear this kind of news! This was when they had half-way decent teams. I think they went 7-3 or 8-2 that year!

Return to “Football”