The Best High school Offensive System

sider
All Conference

The Best High school Offensive System

Post by sider »

In your opinion, what is the best overall high school football system. I know a lot depends on personel, but if you where a coach what system would you implement. Personally, I think that the wing-t is the best. It allows a coach to run many different plays and play series, it is also good to pass out of it. It also allows you to out-number your opponent at the point of attack, and or get better angles on opponents by trapping and cross blocking. What do you think?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: The Best High school Offensive System

Post by Orange and Brown »

I like the Wishbone(wide) it is a great O for teams who don't or can't pass the ball. It is also a great way to make the best use of your athletes.
:122245 :122245 :122245

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I really like the wing-t as well. There are just so many ways you can go with it as far as formations and plays. Good misderection offense too, if the defense keys on guards too much (which lb's are taught to) you can run away from guards. Good short passing game, and when spread out like Minford does some a good deep threat as well. You can run the option out of it too, endlessly variable.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What ever the coaching staff knows best.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Whatever fits your athletes. A coach should be active in what is coming up through the ranks and adjust accordingly. A good base IMO for the younger grades would be either a wishbone or power-I and if they are heavy on speed/back talent then heavily mix in the spread starting in about 7th grade when the arms catch up with the legs. Also, teach the nearest legal method of the A-11 to your players to give the other teams fits figuring you out. The more time they have to waste on junk, the less time they have to key your other mix. One thing Logan needs to do (again IMO) is to not only teach the robotic motions of the plays, but give the overall picture of WHY to it's players, so that they can adjust routes/blocks on the field w/o audibles in every case. That will put them over the top like DeSales etc.
Although there are probably some lesser years for 2010-2012 or so coming, That could still get us 8-2 seasons with our current schedule. Right now we're looking at 6-4 in 2012. (AGAIN IMO) A lot of things change and a lot of athletes arise in 3 years of HS, but don't count me out.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Whatever fits youre athletes any given year . In high school I beleive you have to adjust to what you have year in year out.

jeepchopper
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepchopper »

Sorry no more A-11 at all it was voted illegal check out he A-11 post on the site

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

That's why I said the nearest LEGAL version. Just move the players in enough to cover the requirement and implement the plays in a way which is still within legal limits. Sure, that compromises it, but that's why it's not your primary O. It's just a select few of your best in it's allowable form.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

there is one i think can do everything. . . split back pro. . . .you can bring in a wing and its real close to t-wing. . keep the wideout and you have Ipro likeness. . but with better veer option capability, duh ask ironton. . its the best for pass protection. . and you can just step the qb back for shotgun. . no other movements. . .lots of versatility. .

of course i'm partial to the double wing myself. .

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

although honestly. . .split backs is sooo versatile i really wouldn't call it an offensive system.. you can run whatever system you want out of it is my statement, its just a good formation

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

The best offence is a good defence,lol.But seriously I like option football best

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Option football (using the a simple dive option as the base play) is almost impossible to defend if executed correctly. It can be ran of out almost any formation, and there is so many way different varitions (Midline, Inside veer, Outside veer, Trap Option, Speed Option, Load Option, Zone Read option) that you can add these plays to confuse the defense but when you teach the kids (barring they already understand option football) it requires little adjustment.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Like i said I love the Wishbone. Triple option football rocks if it is run right!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

The Polecat is still the best ... period.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!POLECAT! POLECAT!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Polecat, indeed!
Like it! Love it! Need it!

:mrgreen:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I love the smell of the Polecat on a Friday night... It smells like victory!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Maryland I with a big, nasty, mean, bruising fullback.

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

Boon it pains me to admit it but we got more in common than different

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I think you can modify most systems to fit the athletes you have. I can't say there is any one best system. I am biased toward motion-based wing-t and the splitback veer. But i say whatever works for you is the best for you!

Return to “Football”