D5 R19: Portsmouth West 9 vs. Bucyrus Wynford 14 Final score

Westfan
SEOP

Re: (10-1) Portsmouth West vs (11-0) Bucyrus Wynford

Post by Westfan »

Bucyrus Winford's week 9 game against Galion is on Local on Demand. Go to high school football -week 9. They won 22-20.

Get ready for the 3 and 4 wide spread.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Wynford has some meat up the middle LOL, should be a good game for sure!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Wynford beat a very good Smithville team last night decisively. From what I saw of West's pass defense tonight against N-Y in that 4th qtr (and no, it wasn't all in the prevent) they'll have to step up their game to keep up with that offense of Wynford. Prediction: Wynford 28 - West 14

siderfanfourlife210
Riding the Bench

Post by siderfanfourlife210 »

the last 7 mintutes of the game to be exact fan. and they got 90 percent of that 10 and 12 yards at a time over the middle and i dont think they compleated a pass to the edges or the outside. those db,s and lb,s had 4 INT AND MULTIBULE PASSES tTIP. tThey gave up the part of the field that you giveup with a 5-2-4 defense. do agree that they may have to go with 5 db,s and after taking those shots some of thier wr got gatorarms coming across the middle I THINK BRICKER KNOCK HIMSELF OUT ON THE HIT HE LAYED ON 21!!!!!! and number 2 remembers freys number. I think the coaches will watch some film and go from there and ajust accordingly it will be interesting to say the least PASS VERSES RUN!!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

SHould be the best game again of the region. West just gets those types of games! LOL.

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

Hopefully after this week both teams will be 11-1. Go West!!

acf05
Waterboy

Post by acf05 »

from the youtube video of wynford their defensive line looks big and relatively slow compared to what west has seen the past two weeks, which should only help our offense which has been struggling with the backside. But they are #1 seed for a reason hopefully west can prove themselves again

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Just like last week. I'm sure we'll move the ball. Problem will be stopping them.

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

Hello Gentleman. Royals fan here. I have to tell you this is a bit of a surprise for us. Congrats on your victory over NY by the way. We know little to nothing of the ball played down there. We were told to expect NY if we made it past Smithville. But this is good too! Obviously the best team won!

If you have any questions about Wynford I will answer all I can.

Wonder where this game will be? I'm guessing near circleville maybe. If there is a turf field any where there.

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

I gotta tell you guys, I have to chuckle a little about that video put up on youtube of he Galion vs Wynford game. That was obviously made by a Galion fan. Don't get me wrong they are a very very very good team. That video however is the Galion highlight real for that game, which the video fails to mention Galion lost 22-20.
Was our closest game of the year. The kid on that highlight #21 (David Nay) for Galion had close to 2000 yards coming into that game. The kid is a stud running back, and their QB is very good as well. Scary part there is Nay is a Jr and the QB only a soph. But we held Nay to 63 yards on 18 carries. The Video does not show that part of it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS WEST, GREAT YEAR FOR YOU GUYS, AND A GREAT YEAR FOR NELSONVILLE YORK AS WELL. GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Does any one know where the game will be played at this time?

RoyalNut
Riding the Bench

Post by RoyalNut »

site will not be announced until Sunday

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Good Luck Senators! I think it'll be a tough test this week. But there is a great reward! Go in with hunger and desire for a state run, but also for a VERY good chance to avenge that loss against Valley next week! Its not looking ahead its using the possibility of next week as a major motivator!!! Go out and keep representing the SOCII!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OSU 77 wrote:Does any one know where the game will be played at this time?
They look to be 50 or so miles north of Columbus. Probably south Columbus. Grove City maybe?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

siderman wrote:
They look to be 50 or so miles north of Columbus. Probably south Columbus. Grove City maybe?
I was thinking it was going to be just south of us Rebels when we play at New Washington tonight because on the map it shows that we go though Bucyrus right before we get into New Washington up by lake Erie

1darkhorse
Waterboy

Post by 1darkhorse »

Good luck West!! Valley is pulling for you. Neither Valley nor West can look passed their opponents this week, but It would show the "almighty" north that you southern Ohio men can play with anyone with a Valley vs West regional championship. It's do or die
Last edited by 1darkhorse on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buckeye05
Waterboy

Post by buckeye05 »

siderman wrote:
Hello I am a Wynford fan, and yes Wynford is about an hr and 15 min north of Columbus. I would say if there are any nice turf fields in south Columbus it will prolly be played there.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I really wish I could go watch this one, but I'm going to watch Valley play. This should be a heck of a game. West's only loss was to a very good Valley team, but Wynford obviously has none being a #1 seed. If Wynford's D is big and SLOW, then that should really help West. In the one loss they were out played and the line by very physical, fast players. Without speed, Wynford will have to rely on just being stronger, which I don't know how well that will work.

Again I'd love to see this one, and should be a heck of a game! Good Luck from Lucasville!

buckeye05
Waterboy

Post by buckeye05 »

acf05 wrote:from the youtube video of wynford their defensive line looks big and relatively slow compared to what west has seen the past two weeks, which should only help our offense which has been struggling with the backside. But they are #1 seed for a reason hopefully west can prove themselves again
The Royals may well have the best DEs in north central Ohio they are 6-5 220 and 6-3 220 both very fast, rangy and very physical, the 6-5 kid leads the NCC in sacks and tackles for loss. The DTs are big and where fast enough to get the job done all yr. long and against Smithville, they go 6-3 325 and 6-1 295. There also is a kid that doesn't start but plays a lot a DT hes 5-8 200 and fast and very strong for that size, he was in the Smithville back field all night long. The linebackers are 6-3 215, 5-10 200, 5-10 180 all are very fast, physical and have good noses for the fball. The corners are small but VERY fast, and the SS is 6-3 220 with 4.6 speed, the FS is 5-11 175 and very fast. This defense has been tough all yr. Offensively Smithville couldn't stop Wynford at all. This weeks game is gonna be very physical.

Return to “Football”