Logan -- 2016

Paladin
SEOP

Logan -- 2016

Post by Paladin »

Looking ahead to next season, Logan will prepare for 2016 with some schedule changes. Two new teams are added -- D-I Dublin Jerome who went 6-4 this year and D-III Hamilton Ross, who went 5-5. Gone are Gallia ( 1-9) and Shadyside (4-6). Logan has D-II Teays Valley returning ( Logan beat them and TV still made the playoffs ), Columbus DeSales ( who beat Logan and made the playoffs) And Jackson ( who made the playoffs. Athens in D-III ( 6-4), Cambridge ( 3-7) and Meigs ( 6-4) also return. However, they stiill have major losers N-Y ( 1-9) and Warren Local ( 0-10).

2016 will be more of a challenge, yet, I see Logan with a chance at another winning season. The cupboard is not bare.

Have gun, will travel
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan -- 2016

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The cupboard is definitely not bare. Adding some tougher competition to the schedule next year.

Key Losses:

QB/DB - Lane Little
WR/S - Isaiah Smith
RB/LB - Colton Stilwell
RB/CB - Corey Wilson
LB - Dominic Micochero
RB - Bryce McBride
OL/DL - Eddie Lanning
OL/DL - Josh Rardain
OL/DL - Brandon Skinner
OL/DL - Tommy Hayden
OL/DL - Zach Buckley
K - Stu Harper

Key Returners:

WR/CB - Jenson Wallace
WR/S - Tommy Breining
RB/LB - Jeremy Minor
WR/QB/CB - Brady Walsh
OL/DL - Kory Henthorne
TE/LB - TJ Meyer
WR/CB - Riley Nelson

Some other players that could have a big impact next year:

QB/DB - Colton Dixon
RB/LB - Kyle Spelock
OL/DL - Tucker Wilson
OL/DL - Cody Wolfe
OL/DL - Kamryn Carter

Many other players could impact and getting starting roles next year (just my opinion). Have some good young player. A lot of the big nasties up front will be gone next year, but if you look up and down the roster a lot of them that didn't get playing time this year, are big solid kids as well. Jenson Wallace was a big target in the passing game this year and if they have someone to throw the ball to him next year he could do some damage. The QB spot is a question mark in my opinion but many capable players to put in (Colton Dixon/Brady Walsh). Many of the positions will have to wait to see how they play out (Jeremy Minor could be a very good back for Logan next year).

Losing a lot, but definitely not a bad team returning.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It will be interesting to see if they go with a dual threat QB or strictly a passer. It impacts how you must defend a Spread O if you also have a good RB and I expect Logan to have several who can get the job done. The OL & DL should be O.K. with some size and if they get stronger, off season, they should be a handful again.

Have gun, will travel
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds like a nice schedule.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Chieftain2009 wrote:The cupboard is definitely not bare. Adding some tougher competition to the schedule next year.

Key Losses:

QB/DB - Lane Little
WR/S - Isaiah Smith
RB/LB - Colton Stilwell
RB/CB - Corey Wilson
LB - Dominic Micochero
RB - Bryce McBride
OL/DL - Eddie Lanning
OL/DL - Josh Rardain
OL/DL - Brandon Skinner
OL/DL - Tommy Hayden
OL/DL - Zach Buckley
K - Stu Harper

Key Returners:

WR/CB - Jenson Wallace
WR/S - Tommy Breining
RB/LB - Jeremy Minor
WR/QB/CB - Brady Walsh
OL/DL - Kory Henthorne
TE/LB - TJ Meyer
WR/CB - Riley Nelson

Some other players that could have a big impact next year:

QB/DB - Colton Dixon
RB/LB - Kyle Spelock
OL/DL - Tucker Wilson
OL/DL - Cody Wolfe
OL/DL - Kamryn Carter

Many other players could impact and getting starting roles next year (just my opinion). Have some good young player. A lot of the big nasties up front will be gone next year, but if you look up and down the roster a lot of them that didn't get playing time this year, are big solid kids as well. Jenson Wallace was a big target in the passing game this year and if they have someone to throw the ball to him next year he could do some damage. The QB spot is a question mark in my opinion but many capable players to put in (Colton Dixon/Brady Walsh). Many of the positions will have to wait to see how they play out (Jeremy Minor could be a very good back for Logan next year).

Losing a lot, but definitely not a bad team returning.
Although the cupboard is not bare it is for sure thin. Logan loses 3 of the greatest players in school history on both sided of the ball and a TON on both side of the line. Henthorne will be the anchor of the line, and I think Chris Harper who played a lot this year will start ahead of the Wilson kid. Hes had way too many injuries. Add in Camryn Carter as well and the line could be decent.
Logan will need to replace almost every starter on offense. They do have talent coming back but losing 19 seniors is always tough especially with the historic season several kids had. Nelson could be the break out player for Logan at WR to compliment Wallace and Breining has a ton of potential. Walsh should move from WR to QB next season but Logan needs to find an every down RB.

Live Like A Champion!
Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Every down back = Preston Yates (9th will be 10th nxt yr)

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

All our young men need to hit the weights and condition hard this off season. some young talent coming up and need to develop quickly! Burke needs to get a placekicker from day one and junk his kickoff specials. We gave up to many short fields! Maybe he should look for an outstanding young DC! Also for you old timers for achievement in conditions give out coupons for milkshake and stuffshirts!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan has a lot of nice pieces coming back, obviously they have a ton to replace as well. But that's part of HS football. Every senior class has major contributors that need to be replaced.

Logan needs to get better on the defensive side of the football. I think that's obvious. Most of the linebackers are coming back, and that's a unit that needs improvement.

Agree that "feature" back is a position of need as well (and also why LB is a problem).

My brief run down position by position:

OFFENSE: (4 returning starters)

QB: Brady Walsh (JR), Colton Dixon (SR), Tyler Cummin (Soph)

RB: Jeremy Minor (SR), Cymon Rooker (JR), Kyle Spelock (SR), Preston Yates (Soph), Jeromy Weaver (Soph)

WR: Jenson Wallace (SR), Riley Nelson (SR), Tommy Breining (SR), Casey Heft (JR), Isaac Baron (JR), Landon Little (Soph)

TE: TJ Meyer (SR), Tommy Wright (SR), Tommy Breining (SR)

OL: Kory Henthorne (SR), Kamryn Carter (JR), Chris Harper (JR), Dakota Dement (JR)

DEFENSE: (6 returning starters)

DL: Henthorne, Carter, Harper, Minor, Dement

LB: Spelock, Wright, Rooker, Minor, Meyer, Yates

Corners: Nelson, Wallace, Baron

Strong Safety: Walsh

Free Safety: Dixon, Breining

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I think Jeremy Minor will be the back they go with. The line should be decent again even after losing a lot of pieces. At QB it should be a battle, I don't know that they can just give it to one or the other. They have to get a kid in there kicking from day one of summer practice.

LongLiveTheChief
Waterboy

Post by LongLiveTheChief »

LHS 72 wrote:All our young men need to hit the weights and condition hard this off season. some young talent coming up and need to develop quickly! Burke needs to get a placekicker from day one and junk his kickoff specials. We gave up to many short fields! Maybe he should look for an outstanding young DC! Also for you old timers for achievement in conditions give out coupons for milkshake and stuffshirts!

Totally agree on the young DC part. IMO he should look for someone familiar with the program with fresh ideas. There are a couple Logan guys at Alexander right now (Penrod and Russell) who have worked extremely hard and helped turn that program around to a playoff team this year. Logan Football is back, they just need better schemes on defense and more time in the weightroom or wrestling program rather than other sports or nothing at all.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Penrod is not leaving that program he built. Look for alot of young Chiefs to play next year, and in 2017 LOOK OUT! Team should be lethal!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

loganlocos wrote:Logan has a lot of nice pieces coming back, obviously they have a ton to replace as well. But that's part of HS football. Every senior class has major contributors that need to be replaced.

Logan needs to get better on the defensive side of the football. I think that's obvious. Most of the linebackers are coming back, and that's a unit that needs improvement.

Agree that "feature" back is a position of need as well (and also why LB is a problem).

My brief run down position by position:

OFFENSE: (4 returning starters)

QB: Brady Walsh (JR), Colton Dixon (SR), Tyler Cummin (Soph)

RB: Jeremy Minor (SR), Cymon Rooker (JR), Kyle Spelock (SR), Preston Yates (Soph), Jeromy Weaver (Soph)

WR: Jenson Wallace (SR), Riley Nelson (SR), Tommy Breining (SR), Casey Heft (JR), Isaac Baron (JR), Landon Little (Soph)

TE: TJ Meyer (SR), Tommy Wright (SR), Tommy Breining (SR)

OL: Kory Henthorne (SR), Kamryn Carter (JR), Chris Harper (JR), Dakota Dement (JR)

DEFENSE: (6 returning starters)

DL: Henthorne, Carter, Harper, Minor, Dement

LB: Spelock, Wright, Rooker, Minor, Meyer, Yates

Corners: Nelson, Wallace, Baron

Strong Safety: Walsh

Free Safety: Dixon, Breining
Weaver is a look at LB as well. He's going to be a handful here in a couple of years. Big time hitter.

LongLiveTheChief
Waterboy

Post by LongLiveTheChief »

Thanos wrote:Penrod is not leaving that program he built. Look for alot of young Chiefs to play next year, and in 2017 LOOK OUT! Team should be lethal!

True, but maybe Burke can lure one of his assistants to become the D Coordinator.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Thanos wrote:Penrod is not leaving that program he built. Look for alot of young Chiefs to play next year, and in 2017 LOOK OUT! Team should be lethal!
Agree, 2017 and 2018, should be strong. They definitely will be tough that I can see. Growing and maturing well.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

A name to remember in 2017 is Braeden Spatar. Kid is going to be special.

Live Like A Champion!
Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Actually the next four years are going to be Special! The 8th grade currently looks like an old school Dale Amyx football team. Big offensive line, with big linebackers and speed at the skill positions. Charlie Kline #1 will be a special player in the program. He
( 8th grader currently) had ten touchdown catches in middle school. Spatar is a student of the game, and is the unquestioned leader of that 8th grade class. He accounted for 15 touchdowns on the year at QB. Going to be a special dual threat QB. The team pitched three shuts outs this year and finish the season at 6-2-1. The team was a stout well coached defense during the games I saw. Coach Burke will get that defense going as the players continue to learn his system. Linebacker player killed us this year. Luckily, we are loaded with young talent at that position for some time. The future is bright for Logan football!!!

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Paladin wrote:Looking ahead to next season, Logan will prepare for 2016 with some schedule changes. Two new teams are added -- D-I Dublin Jerome who went 6-4 this year and D-III Hamilton Ross, who went 5-5. Gone are Gallia ( 1-9) and Shadyside (4-6). Logan has D-II Teays Valley returning ( Logan beat them and TV still made the playoffs ), Columbus DeSales ( who beat Logan and made the playoffs) And Jackson ( who made the playoffs. Athens in D-III ( 6-4), Cambridge ( 3-7) and Meigs ( 6-4) also return. However, they stiill have major losers N-Y ( 1-9) and Warren Local ( 0-10).

2016 will be more of a challenge, yet, I see Logan with a chance at another winning season. The cupboard is not bare.

Wow
calling kids major losers

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Wellston Ironman wrote:
Paladin wrote:Looking ahead to next season, Logan will prepare for 2016 with some schedule changes. Two new teams are added -- D-I Dublin Jerome who went 6-4 this year and D-III Hamilton Ross, who went 5-5. Gone are Gallia ( 1-9) and Shadyside (4-6). Logan has D-II Teays Valley returning ( Logan beat them and TV still made the playoffs ), Columbus DeSales ( who beat Logan and made the playoffs) And Jackson ( who made the playoffs. Athens in D-III ( 6-4), Cambridge ( 3-7) and Meigs ( 6-4) also return. However, they stiill have major losers N-Y ( 1-9) and Warren Local ( 0-10).

Wow
I look at this way, he call the SCHOOL not the Kids!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Wellston Ironman wrote:

Wow
I look at this way, he call the SCHOOL not the Kids!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

ModsRweenies wrote:^^^Thats a good one. Never saw a building suit up and play in a game.
I bet those buildings look really slow on film. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”