Is Jackson going to the TVC Ohio?

Rocket Fuel
Waterboy

Is Jackson going to the TVC Ohio?

Post by Rocket Fuel »

I read that rumor on this board. Is it going to happen? Would love to see the Wellston/Jackson game be week 10.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Is Jackson going to the TVC Ohio?

Post by Orange and Brown »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why in the world would the TVC let in Jackson????
Thats a lose lose for every one.
I don't know who starts these rumurs but dear god at least make them believable.

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

Orange and Brown wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know who starts these rumurs but dear god at least make them believable.

I've heard it, too. What's wrong, Orange and Brown? Sounds like you're yellow.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I heard from an AD that they have been sniffing around...

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

a dii school in the little tvc :lol:

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

91blue14 wrote:a dii school in the little tvc :lol:

You mean like Vinton County, Athens, Meigs.

Not the first time Jackson has had ideas along these lines.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

I wouldn't want to make this call. There are many folks in Jackson that aren't crazy about leaving the SEOAL. I think it sends the wrong message that we can't compete. Not picking on any other leagues but, with the right programs in place Jackson should be able to compete with anyone in the SEOAL now. Chilly has been an exception the last couple of years in bb.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

If the SEOAL exists, Jackson should be in it. I can see exploring other options as some type of contingency plan should the SEOAL fall apart, but that's it. If Jackson's programs are to become/remain what they want them to be, competing in the SEOAL is the answer. That's my opinion, at least.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ironmanfan01 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard it, too. What's wrong, Orange and Brown? Sounds like you're yellow.

It doesn't matter what I think, it is only important what the voting members think. No one would vote Jackson into the TVC. The TVC is not the leage for Jackson they need a bigger leage with more schools there size.
Besides do you guys really want to finish second behind NY every year? :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

As someone who supports Vinton County, I think it would be a good idea to let Jackson in the league. We already play them in football and basketball every year. It would add another big school to our league. I can't speak for how other schools would feel, but VC would be foolish not to want this.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think if you see Jackson enter the TVC, we will see a split into three divisions that will include a big school division that may include Warren as well.

Big School -
Jackson
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
Meigs

Medium School -
Alexander
Wellston
Nelsonville-York
Belpre
Federal Hocking

Small School -
Miller
Trimble
Waterford
Eastern
Southern

That is, if it was broken down strictly on school size. There could be some politics involved to have certain schools in the same division even if they don't match size-wise.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

From what I hear if Jackson is trying to get out or wanting out of the SEOAL it has nothing to do with the competition.
You can't stay in a league if there is not one to be in. If they set and wait until there is no league then there will be nowhere to go, because the other leagues will have already taken all the newcomers they want. If that happens, then everyone will want to hang the "powers to be" because they sat by and knew what was coming but did nothing and then would have to play an independent schedule.

Secondly, you have to be able to pay the bills. If you have been to any Jackson home contests you will see that Portsmouth, Marietta, and Warren bring no people when they travel ( at least not to Jackson) and even Chillicothe, as good as they have been in boys basketball brings no one.
I heard the AD say that one time at a volleyball game with Portsmouth, the only person on the Ports bleachers was their bus driver and the Jackson principal.

A move to any league is strictly about finances ( home gate receipts) and travel ( expenses and amount of time kids are on the road). I know that when Jackson plays Wellston or Vinton in tiddly winks people come out in bunches. Right now each team only gets a home gate in basketball every other year from that matchup. If they were league opponents they would each get a home gate every year in basketball and would only have to travel up or down the road a few miles for the away contest. They can use their non league contests to schedule tougher opponents if they want for football. Wellston and VC would become league games. They could keep Waverly on the schedule and pick up a Burg or Ports West or someone.
Also, there are other sports besides football and another gender as well. Tell me what sport, boys or girls, that Jackson would dominate the TVC in?
I doubt that Alexander's girls or Vinton's are too scared of Jackson in any sport. I also doubt that anyone is intimidated by playing Jackson in boys basketball.

The world does not revolve around football! And girls play sports too!

Why would the TVC or any other league not want Jackson? They have the best facilities in SE Ohio and they travel very well especially for football. Even with basketball being down the last few years they still bring people to the games. TVC schools would gain a lot financially by letting Jackson in.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I see all of your points and they are good ones but I still don't think Jackson would be a good fit. It's not personal I just don't feel that jackson would benifit from moving to the TVC.
And remember Jackson was one of the schools that Athens was trying to get away from. Do you think that they would now say oh ok come on in. I don't.
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Didn't Nelsonville try and get away from both Athens and Jackson when they left the SEOAL?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Pol Pot wrote:Didn't Nelsonville try and get away from both Athens and Jackson when they left the SEOAL?

I don't know about Jackson but they played athens every year any way. Its a county rivalry.They play for the (Doc Kroner Trophy). Well Athens plays for it. We have had it so long its bolted down to the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Why wouldn't Athens want Jackson in the TVC? Athens still plays Jackson in many sports (such as soccer, basketball, baseball, and softball). Plus, it's a rather easy trip for the two schools. Athens would vote Jackson into the TVC. I'd personally love to see Jackson in the TVC.

Whether or not Jackson wants to join the TVC is the bigger issue. I agree with Pavilion... if they do want to join, it's because the SEOAL is in trouble and because of money issues.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

soccerfanatic wrote:Why wouldn't Athens want Jackson in the TVC? Athens still plays Jackson in many sports (such as soccer, basketball, baseball, and softball). Plus, it's a rather easy trip for the two schools. Athens would vote Jackson into the TVC. I'd personally love to see Jackson in the TVC.

Whether or not Jackson wants to join the TVC is the bigger issue. I agree with Pavilion... if they do want to join, it's because the SEOAL is in trouble and because of money issues.

Athens left the SEAOL because they could not compete in football not the many other sports they play. After that great sendoff Jackson gave them the last time they played I would say they vote no. Besides that would mean 7 leage games in football and I think that is to many. You go talk to some one from Athens about Jackson and you will see that they would not vote yes.

soccerfanatic
Freshman Team

Post by soccerfanatic »

Jackson has dominated the Bulldogs in football, but... that's still not a strong enough reason to keep Jackson out. The competitiveness of the football and basketball teams certainly weighed into the decision (along with other issues that Jackson is dealing with now). However, you overestimate the pull of football in Athens on decisions for all of the school.

Athens knew it would be more competitive in football and basketball in the TVC, but it also knew it would be even more competitive in other sports and have better shots at league championships in those sports. Anyone have the all-sports standings? Don't think Athens is doing too bad (this won't even include some of Athens' best sports like soccer and tennis since they're not league sports). I think you overestimate the pull of football and underestimate Athens' desire to compete for an all-sports trophy.

I have talked to some from Athens (since I'm from there) and should there be a vote, Athens would vote yes. Whether or not other schools would vote for them, I wouldn't know.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

BTW, Athens and VC are DivIII and Meigs is Div IV. There are currently NO schools in the TVC larger than Athens.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

One way or another, we will probably have our answer after next week's TVC Athletic Director Meeting. We'll see if there are enough votes to admit Jackson.

Return to “Football”