Reasons why ARN-ton is the greatest football team ever!

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Re: Reasons why ARN-ton is the greatest football team ever!

Post by Yh8awinner »

A lot of miles? Not too many. You would have to be an idiot not to include Ed Miller, Larry Hall, and Rob Woodward. I'm gonna say these 3 guys would give them a run for their money.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:19 pm A lot of miles? Not too many. You would have to be an idiot not to include Ed Miller, Larry Hall, and Rob Woodward. I'm gonna say these 3 guys would give them a run for their money.
We’re they all on the same Staff together? I think that may have been the point.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:47 pm
grizzlynatural wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm YTB is their biggest fan.

hey I've went from 351 to 241. so that may not be true now.

Literally :lol:
Wow, why in the world would you drag this thread up from 2009?

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:51 am
Yh8awinner wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:19 pm A lot of miles? Not too many. You would have to be an idiot not to include Ed Miller, Larry Hall, and Rob Woodward. I'm gonna say these 3 guys would give them a run for their money.
We’re they all on the same Staff together? I think that may have been the point.
I think you may be on to something ohbuck.......

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Flyers58 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:59 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:51 am
I think you may be on to something ohbuck.......
Larry was on Ed staff before he took over. I think what he’s saying is that all three had a high percentage rate as head coaches. Coach Woodward has the best of all three. That’s why burg is fourth in the state for winning percentage. They don’t have many bad seasons if at all. Last year was one of their worst seasons in decades and they went 7-4. The kids there just have winning mentalities.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Ironton played the big boys.With the program they are developing now,they could do it again soon.The Burg rarely played anyone,except when they had to,vis a vis the playoffs.Look at each teams schedule.You are comparing apples and oranges. :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am Ironton played the big boys.With the program they are developing now,they could do it again soon.The Burg rarely played anyone,except when they had to,vis a vis the playoffs.Look at each teams schedule.You are comparing apples and oranges. :roll:
Lol. You think? Ironton was at least a division ahead of burg. They did play bigger schools because they had a bigger school. They are now one of the lowest enrollments in the county I believe. Since they’ve come down to burgs enrollment, it’s been pretty much the burg owning the series. Ironton is playing better but the days of them scheduling the big boys are over

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Throw in Trimble Tomcats, Athens Bulldogs in this .

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

They were probably one size up from Burg in the past,not enough to make that much of a difference.The Tigers even played div.1 teams once in awhile when they were an independent.With Burgs paddycake schedule they should have a winning record.Their a good program.But comparing win % ,you can’t do it because of the competition.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:20 pm They were probably one size up from Burg in the past,not enough to make that much of a difference.The Tigers even played div.1 teams once in awhile when they were an independent.With Burgs paddycake schedule they should have a winning record.Their a good program.But comparing win % ,you can’t do it because of the competition.
They have two state championships, the fourth highest winning percentage in Ohio history, and other accomplishments. They hold their own, schedule or not.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

As far as playing the big boys again,I think they would be competitive,but it won’t happen because their in a league now. With the new coach and renewed energy in the program it would be possible but it won’t come to fruition.

Return to “Football”