Possible Candidates for East Tartans Head Coach?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Re: Possible Candidates for East Tartans Head Coach?

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Coach Davis

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

If this is true, Darryl Davis was ran off from East for what? A one year deal with a coach who clearly did not have East's best interests at heart, much less any loyalty. I wonder how this will sit in Sciotoville? Looks like a lesson to be learned here.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

So is Coach Hall having a hard time find a place to call home?

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

Shades of Rich Rodriquez.

I wonder what commitments were made by the school AND the coach, when DD was shoved out?

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

The move to East was for Andy. The opportunity the Halls wanted presented itself and the rest is History.
No surprises here. They were successful at East.

As for D. Davis - I have a great deal of respect for him. I was a player for ND when he coached in 1983.
He gave a lot of himself and to the Sciotoville Community as did his family--- more than a lot of coaches give any community.
He would be an asset for ANY community and ANY program.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

First of all... Larry Hall has not said he was leaving Sciotoville! Secondly... Coach Davis would not be coming back to coach at East! Not meant as a pot shot or anything! He doesn't want anything to do with East and vice-a-versa! He is officially retired from teaching now; his last day with Sciotoville was Feb. 28th.

Stacey Bond would be a front runner for the position! He has 10 years experience under 3 different head coaches! Davis, McCafferty and Hall.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Don't know who the front runners are but off the staff from last year possibly Stacy Bond? IF they go outside the system....for me I would hope they go young, proven, and someone with fire to help take it to the next level. I don't know if it would be a dream job for some but it sure does look alot better than it did in 04 when a search went out for a coach.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

According to Paul Boggs at the Jackson newspaper, the father will be joining the son at Jackson.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

With the article on another thread here, it said that Andy has yet to pick a staff....what are the chances he could possibly take a couple other East coaches with him.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Axe N Shield wrote:First of all... Larry Hall has not said he was leaving Sciotoville!
Stacey Bond would be a front runner for the position! He has 10 years experience under 3 different head coaches! Davis, McCafferty and Hall.

Well according to Thursday's Times-Journal and a quote from Andy Hall, Larry Hall will be leaving East and joining his son in Jackson. That will be a good opportunity for them and I wish them well. For the 2nd year in a row, East will be looking for a head football coach and I hope they stay with a Sciotoville native this time who will show more loyalty and dedication to the program. Hopefully the search will begin soon.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I say chances are the search will begin today or tomorrow. Wouldn't be suprised to see it in the paper tomorrow looking for a head coach.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Tartanblue wrote:With the article on another thread here, it said that Andy has yet to pick a staff....what are the chances he could possibly take a couple other East coaches with him.

As far as Andy taking other East staff with him to Jackson! I'll bet you that no East alumni will go to Jackson with him! He may take Duncan & Co. but, then again... Duncan & Co. were Larry Hall's coaching staff; not Andy's! I would bet that Larry will be the only one to go to Jackson with him!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
Axe N Shield wrote:First of all... Larry Hall has not said he was leaving Sciotoville!

Well according to Thursday's Times-Journal and a quote from Andy Hall, Larry Hall will be leaving East and joining his son in Jackson. That will be a good opportunity for them and I wish them well. For the 2nd year in a row, East will be looking for a head football coach and I hope they stay with a Sciotoville native this time who will show more loyalty and dedication to the program. Hopefully the search will begin soon.

I'll bet that the next head coach will be an East alumni and will be there for awhile! With Larry Hall and Darryl Davis being the last two coaches and leaving on their own accord; the next coach will be here for awhile; if they go with a alumni!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Sciotoville would be a very good small-school coaching situation because it is a dense district sitting on the edge of a much larger community.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

I know some guys who would great for the job. Hopefully the job gets posted soon.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

siphon (or syphon) what?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

who will be running the weight room while a coaching search is going on? Hopefully good numbers show up and the incoming freshman can begin lifting soon.

Jacksonite
Waterboy

Post by Jacksonite »

Had anyone from East heard this was coming? Anyone find it odd that the head coach and assistant coach being hired at the same meeting. Especially when the Assistant is still Head Coach elsewhere. Wonder if both were interviewed together. :lol:

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Maybe they will bring back on of their old coaches: McCafferty or Davis. Who knows who they will hire but they were both pretty successful at East and they stayed for more than one year.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I don't think you will see any former head coaches take back over the program. I would honestly be suprised if they did hire a former East coach unless it was an assistant coach who wants to be a head coach like Stacy Bond who was mentioned or possibly Todd Giullen if he is interested. Good news is I don't think East is the only school looking for a head coach in the state.

Return to “Football”